in Vassar College that teach Philosophy Edit
Michael McCarthy
Professor in the Philosophy department
at Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
are you Michael McCarthy?

12/08/2011
good
Ethic300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was lucky enough to have McCarthy choose me as an advisee freshman year. His courses are still blowing my mind almost a decade later.

04/11/2006
good
Phil 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor. A LOT of reading and tough grader, but worth it.

08/30/2005
good
88 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Outstanding. It's been 20 years and I still remember things he taught me, his drive and passion for the subject. Should be mandatory to take at least one class with him.

05/06/2005
good
PHIL 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you aren't really into philosophy, he might not be the greatest. But he's energetic and usually fun.

04/22/2005
good
PHIL 238 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

After having his class, I'm going for an "Ethics and Social and Political Philosophy" correlate. This guy's amazing.

11/22/2004
good
phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome power

11/17/2004
good
PHIL 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

What has needed to be said has been said-he is incredible.

11/10/2004
good
PHIL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING teacher, he loves what he teaches and his class is wonderfully engaging. The best time I had in class that semester. Challenging class though, but really worth it.

10/13/2004
good
Ethics Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I went to 4 years of college and 8 of grad school, and this is probably the most energetic, captivating, and memorable classroom persona (spastic, too) I have ever witnessed

10/14/2003
good
PHIL 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors (maybe THE best) i ever had

04/04/2003
good
Phil 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Really smart guy

02/22/2003
good
Phil 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

02/18/2003