James Stiehl at Westchester Community College

James Stiehl

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

6/17/14

math 93

he is so funny and has tons of great stories. will definitely take another math class with his as the teacher

6/17/14

Beginning Alg

Prof Stiehl made math so easy for me. The Prof I had for prealgebra was so horrible that I was terrified about going into beginning algebra. In 5 min I learned what my prealgebra teacher couldn't clarify in a whole semester! Easy going, patient, awesome professor, definitely recommend him!

5/23/14

Math 135

Grade ReceivedC

I absolutely hate math however Professor Stiehl is great teacher. At the time I was juggling 3 other classes that required a lot of studying. I began struggling in math class because I was not skipping my homework and trying to play catch up with studying. I received a C in this class but anyone who is dedicated to studying can easily receive an A.

5/11/14

93 - D019

He is a regular comedian. You will learn a lot in that class unless you suck. if you do suck, he will pick on you, but don't worry its funny and hes only messing with you.

1/2/14

prealgrebra

Having Professor Stiehl for the first semester after a long time since graduating high school was one of the greatest experiences I could hope for. He was a wonderful teacher and made going to class enjoyable.

5/17/13

maths103

Stiehl is the best math professor ever. I sure am taking his next class next semester. :-)

1/19/13

Math140

Awesome teacher!

1/4/13

MATH93

Took Beg. Algebra w/ him this past semester. Strictly awesome prof. Patient, goes the extra mile to help you understand work & even if you hate math, jokes around with you to keep you interested. Definitely recommend. Also is a great person to speak to outside of class about non-math/educational subjects. Very intelligent about non-math issues.

1/4/13

MATH93

Took Beg. Algebra w/ him this past semester. Strictly awesome prof. Patient, goes the extra mile to help you understand work & even if you hate math, jokes around with you to keep you interested. Def recommend. Also is a great person to speak to outside of class about non-math/educational subjects. Very intelligent.

7/29/12

MATH93

Awesome Professor!!! Took his class and it was clear. I didn't like math before but now I do. Take him hands down.. Best Math Professor also he makes it fun

6/26/12

math135

I was afraid of math b4 this class.. i put it off til the END!! prof. Steihl is the BEST!!!took it in the summer received an A. Must attend class to keep afloat if u struggle with math. only need book for hw, gives excellent notes and practice exams.tests are replicas of pratice tests...fair & great personality. MATH TUTORIAL saved my life TAKE HIM

6/20/12

Math93

Had Beg. Algebra with him and it was my 3rd time taking it but he broke it down and gave it to you as easy as possible. It's a fun enjoyable enviorment. He teaches pretty much every math section so I would recommend him if he teaches the course you need. I'll be see him for the remander of my math classes you should too!

5/11/12

math101

i took him for college algebra with trig and got an A in the course. he is the best math teacher i ever had. he is halarious and he makes his class so fun. great guy.

4/1/12

Math135

He's great!!!

1/19/12

Math135

He is a great teacher. I hate math with a passion!!! He broke it down and made it fun. He has a great sense of humor! He gives you practice test which are great sudy aids. If you don't pass his class it's point blank you didn't study.

1/5/12

algeb8046

Very good Professor, understanding and cooperative. You can talk to him, he is acts human.

1/3/12

math135

best professor on campus hands down. he helps with everything will even find points on exams and test if you work hard and need that extra point. funny funny man he makes the class enjoyable and his classes do not drag out in a boring tone. fast paced and clear at same time. you need a sense of humor witg he is a lil sarcastic but in a good way

12/31/11

MATH135

I ACTUALLY HAD TAKEN THIS CLASS 2X BEFORE WITH DIFF TEACHERS AND DROPPED IT. I WAS SO THANKFUL TO HAVE PROF.STIEHL HES THE BEST MATH PROFESSOR IN WCC.TAKE HIM IF YOU CAN HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. I AM NOT GOOD IN MATH AT ALL BUT I PASSED HIS CLASS.ALL U HAVE TO DO IS STUDY HARD.

6/28/11

Math110

You'd have to be a retard to fail with this guy. He explains everything, answer all questions, (even stupid one), gives out all the notes for the entire course (in color)as well as practice exams, other than taking the exams for you, he does everything he possibly can to get you through the course, plus he's funny as hell. Don't take if you are a

6/24/11

MATH135

For me, it wasn't a great experience. The only thing I can say is that if you aren't that good in math especially a course like Trig then take another professor.

More Mathematics professors at Westchester Community College