in Westchester Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you James Stiehl?
C-

10/15/2014
good
begin algebra Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "There for you" "Would take again"

What an amazing, humble and patient teacher. I wish all my professor's could channel their knowledge and enthusiasm as he does for students benefit. Must put in the work but holds your hand to support you the whole way. He has helped me get over my fear and even enjoy math. Prof Stiehl gave me all the resources needed to succeed!!

09/02/2014
good
BeginingAlegbra Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Returning back to college at 50 made me nervous. Prof Stiehl was the first professor I had. He is an excellent teacher that cares about the students understanding what he is teaching. He was always available before and after class. He answered email over all great guy.

06/17/2014
good
math 93 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

he is so funny and has tons of great stories. will definitely take another math class with his as the teacher

06/17/2014
good
Beginning Alg Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof Stiehl made math so easy for me. The Prof I had for prealgebra was so horrible that I was terrified about going into beginning algebra. In 5 min I learned what my prealgebra teacher couldn't clarify in a whole semester! Easy going, patient, awesome professor, definitely recommend him!

05/23/2014
good
Math 135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C

I absolutely hate math however Professor Stiehl is great teacher. At the time I was juggling 3 other classes that required a lot of studying. I began struggling in math class because I was not skipping my homework and trying to play catch up with studying. I received a C in this class but anyone who is dedicated to studying can easily receive an A.

05/11/2014
good
93 - D019 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a regular comedian. You will learn a lot in that class unless you suck. if you do suck, he will pick on you, but don't worry its funny and hes only messing with you.

01/02/2014
good
prealgrebra Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Having Professor Stiehl for the first semester after a long time since graduating high school was one of the greatest experiences I could hope for. He was a wonderful teacher and made going to class enjoyable.

05/17/2013
good
maths103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Stiehl is the best math professor ever. I sure am taking his next class next semester. :-)

01/19/2013
good
Math140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher!

01/04/2013
good
MATH93 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Took Beg. Algebra w/ him this past semester. Strictly awesome prof. Patient, goes the extra mile to help you understand work & even if you hate math, jokes around with you to keep you interested. Definitely recommend. Also is a great person to speak to outside of class about non-math/educational subjects. Very intelligent about non-math issues.

01/04/2013
good

Took Beg. Algebra w/ him this past semester. Strictly awesome prof. Patient, goes the extra mile to help you understand work & even if you hate math, jokes around with you to keep you interested. Def recommend. Also is a great person to speak to outside of class about non-math/educational subjects. Very intelligent.

07/29/2012
good
MATH93 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome Professor!!! Took his class and it was clear. I didn't like math before but now I do. Take him hands down.. Best Math Professor also he makes it fun

06/26/2012
good
math135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I was afraid of math b4 this class.. i put it off til the END!! prof. Steihl is the BEST!!!took it in the summer received an A. Must attend class to keep afloat if u struggle with math. only need book for hw, gives excellent notes and practice exams.tests are replicas of pratice tests...fair & great personality. MATH TUTORIAL saved my life TAKE HIM

06/20/2012
good
Math93 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had Beg. Algebra with him and it was my 3rd time taking it but he broke it down and gave it to you as easy as possible. It's a fun enjoyable enviorment. He teaches pretty much every math section so I would recommend him if he teaches the course you need. I'll be see him for the remander of my math classes you should too!

05/11/2012
good
math101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i took him for college algebra with trig and got an A in the course. he is the best math teacher i ever had. he is halarious and he makes his class so fun. great guy.

04/01/2012
good
Math135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's great!!!

01/19/2012
good
Math135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher. I hate math with a passion!!! He broke it down and made it fun. He has a great sense of humor! He gives you practice test which are great sudy aids. If you don't pass his class it's point blank you didn't study.

01/05/2012
good
algeb8046 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very good Professor, understanding and cooperative. You can talk to him, he is acts human.

01/03/2012
good
math135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

best professor on campus hands down. he helps with everything will even find points on exams and test if you work hard and need that extra point. funny funny man he makes the class enjoyable and his classes do not drag out in a boring tone. fast paced and clear at same time. you need a sense of humor witg he is a lil sarcastic but in a good way

12/31/2011
good
MATH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I ACTUALLY HAD TAKEN THIS CLASS 2X BEFORE WITH DIFF TEACHERS AND DROPPED IT. I WAS SO THANKFUL TO HAVE PROF.STIEHL HES THE BEST MATH PROFESSOR IN WCC.TAKE HIM IF YOU CAN HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. I AM NOT GOOD IN MATH AT ALL BUT I PASSED HIS CLASS.ALL U HAVE TO DO IS STUDY HARD.