in Winona State University that teach Women's Studies Edit
are you April Herndon?
B+

12/15/2014
good
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Respected by students" "Gives good feedback"

I LOVED CLASS - and I hate English. She is an amazing professor. Honestly she cares about her students. You write 3 papers in the class and read around 3 books (not hard). The class is funinteresting and she DOESN'T GIVE OUT BUSY WORK. She is hilarious in class and makes it fun and enjoyable I would take her again (you also are done early a lot)

04/03/2014
ENG 211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she is hush but helpful. sometimes she is mad at you when you have no clue for her assignments. she is a hard grader. i don't really recommend taking her class.

12/09/2013
good
Eng 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. I hated english but have learned to love it. U read 3 books and write 3 papers. She is the director of the writing center, so she knows her stuff. Very helpful when you need it. Grades fairly on the effort put in. Easy reading quizzes and in class work points. occasionaly gives extra credit. I would highly reccomend her.

04/05/2012
good
ENG220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

April Herndon is a great professor! She made the class so fun and interesting, and she seems to be a really great person. This class is rather challenging with frequent and long reading assignments, but almost all of the books are very good so they're a pleasure to read. Attendance is pretty mandatory: there was at LEAST one quiz per week.

12/10/2011
good
ENG220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Do not call her professor - it's Dr. Herndon! And her classes require ALOT of reading. However, she is the best teacher I've ever had and is super funny! I absolutely loved her, although her class is alot of work, it is totally worth it to have her as a professor! If you aren't lazy, and you do your work I highly recommend her classes!!

12/08/2011
good

April Herndon is one of the nicest teachers you'll meet at WSU. She actually cares about her students, and will work with you to get the grade you want. I have only had her for one class, but I highly recommend her for any class she teaches!

12/06/2011
good
ENG220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Herndon is a great professor. There is a lot of reading assigned for this course but that should be expected. The reading quizzes are very easy and reward you for doing the hw. I would definitely recommend her as a professor. She leads good classroom discussion and is willing to work with you on any essays or assignments. Awesome teacher!

12/05/2011
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the best professor I've had at Winona State. She is a very inspiring person and you learn a ton by going to class.

12/04/2011
good

I'm not a big fan of English, but she made the class exciting every time. It was the only class that I wanted to attend. Very helpful and one of the best professors I've had. Take her by all means

12/02/2011
good
ENG220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Must enjoy reading or otherwise its not the class for you!!

11/28/2011
good
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Herndon's style of teaching inhibits personal learning in each and every student. She expects you give your best effort and requires you to keep up with a demanding workload. We learned a great deal due to interesting and engaging class sessions and her willingness to help you one-on-one during her office hours:I would highly recommend Dr. H.

11/02/2011
good
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought she was a great English professor! Very approachable and easy to talk to. She gives you some time to work on papers during class, but most of the work will be out of class. She is more than willing to help you; I visited her office with questions many times! I definitely would suggest taking her class!

09/07/2011
good
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is a great and fun teacher and I love her class. SHe goes over evrey reading and helps you out cuz she is one of the few professors that are willing to help u succeed. Funnest English class. She taught this subject better than my PSEO teacher :)

04/14/2011
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. She's really good at keeping our attention, it's not a lecture but rather fun group work. If you show up you'll probably get a good grade. Lots of reading assigned but you dont really have to do it. I highly recommend her!

11/17/2010
good
WAGS148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

April is the best! Her classes are always so interesting and fun to go to. The material is somewhat hard. You have to read for every class and take daily quizzes.

10/12/2010
good
WAGS110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

awesome teacher. would def recomend her. she's so passionate about what she teaches and that makes students excited about the material. sometimes the concepts are a bit difficult to understand. but that happens in every class right ;). anyways love april as a professor!

04/08/2010
WAGS373 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have had April for multiple classes and she is one of the best professors I have ever had. She is hard but helpful and fair, take class seriously and you will get a good grade.

12/01/2009
good
WAGS110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

April is an awesome teacher! She is very funny and makes class interesting everyday. Readings are mandatory and there is always a quizzes on them. She grades papers very hard but you can go in ahead of time and have her look them over. TAKE HER IF YOU CAN!

11/07/2009
good
WAGS220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

April is wonderful! She asks thought provoking questions and really wants you to get something out of class. Class is never boring. People complain about her classes being work intensive, but we're in college, so thats generally what's expected

05/07/2008
good
WAGS148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this class for fun and to learn, and I did. It is a little work for a 100 level coarse. My advice would be to work hard in it. I thought It would be an A for me, but it ended up being my only B for this entire year! So take it, but work hard, its more like a 200 level coarse.