April Herndon at Winona State University

April Herndon

Number of ratings 30 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/3/14

ENG 211

she is hush but helpful. sometimes she is mad at you when you have no clue for her assignments. she is a hard grader. i don't really recommend taking her class.

12/9/13

Eng 111

Awesome teacher. I hated english but have learned to love it. U read 3 books and write 3 papers. She is the director of the writing center, so she knows her stuff. Very helpful when you need it. Grades fairly on the effort put in. Easy reading quizzes and in class work points. occasionaly gives extra credit. I would highly reccomend her.

4/5/12

ENG220

April Herndon is a great professor! She made the class so fun and interesting, and she seems to be a really great person. This class is rather challenging with frequent and long reading assignments, but almost all of the books are very good so they're a pleasure to read. Attendance is pretty mandatory: there was at LEAST one quiz per week.

12/10/11

ENG220

Do not call her professor - it's Dr. Herndon! And her classes require ALOT of reading. However, she is the best teacher I've ever had and is super funny! I absolutely loved her, although her class is alot of work, it is totally worth it to have her as a professor! If you aren't lazy, and you do your work I highly recommend her classes!!

12/8/11

ENG220

April Herndon is one of the nicest teachers you'll meet at WSU. She actually cares about her students, and will work with you to get the grade you want. I have only had her for one class, but I highly recommend her for any class she teaches!

12/6/11

ENG220

Professor Herndon is a great professor. There is a lot of reading assigned for this course but that should be expected. The reading quizzes are very easy and reward you for doing the hw. I would definitely recommend her as a professor. She leads good classroom discussion and is willing to work with you on any essays or assignments. Awesome teacher!

12/5/11

ENG111

By far the best professor I've had at Winona State. She is a very inspiring person and you learn a ton by going to class.

12/4/11

ENG111

I'm not a big fan of English, but she made the class exciting every time. It was the only class that I wanted to attend. Very helpful and one of the best professors I've had. Take her by all means

12/2/11

ENG220

Must enjoy reading or otherwise its not the class for you!!

11/28/11

Eng111

Dr. Herndon's style of teaching inhibits personal learning in each and every student. She expects you give your best effort and requires you to keep up with a demanding workload. We learned a great deal due to interesting and engaging class sessions and her willingness to help you one-on-one during her office hours:I would highly recommend Dr. H.

11/2/11

Eng111

I thought she was a great English professor! Very approachable and easy to talk to. She gives you some time to work on papers during class, but most of the work will be out of class. She is more than willing to help you; I visited her office with questions many times! I definitely would suggest taking her class!

9/7/11

Eng111

She is a great and fun teacher and I love her class. SHe goes over evrey reading and helps you out cuz she is one of the few professors that are willing to help u succeed. Funnest English class. She taught this subject better than my PSEO teacher :)

4/14/11

ENG111

Great class. She's really good at keeping our attention, it's not a lecture but rather fun group work. If you show up you'll probably get a good grade. Lots of reading assigned but you dont really have to do it. I highly recommend her!

11/17/10

WAGS148

April is the best! Her classes are always so interesting and fun to go to. The material is somewhat hard. You have to read for every class and take daily quizzes.

10/12/10

WAGS110

awesome teacher. would def recomend her. she's so passionate about what she teaches and that makes students excited about the material. sometimes the concepts are a bit difficult to understand. but that happens in every class right ;). anyways love april as a professor!

4/8/10

WAGS373

I have had April for multiple classes and she is one of the best professors I have ever had. She is hard but helpful and fair, take class seriously and you will get a good grade.

12/1/09

WAGS110

April is an awesome teacher! She is very funny and makes class interesting everyday. Readings are mandatory and there is always a quizzes on them. She grades papers very hard but you can go in ahead of time and have her look them over. TAKE HER IF YOU CAN!

11/7/09

WAGS220

April is wonderful! She asks thought provoking questions and really wants you to get something out of class. Class is never boring. People complain about her classes being work intensive, but we're in college, so thats generally what's expected

5/7/08

WAGS148

I took this class for fun and to learn, and I did. It is a little work for a 100 level coarse. My advice would be to work hard in it. I thought It would be an A for me, but it ended up being my only B for this entire year! So take it, but work hard, its more like a 200 level coarse.

3/4/08

WAGS148

Fun, good professor, but waaay to much work for a 100 level class, if you enjoy her I would recommend a higher level class because the work level is already at a higher class level, but she is really funny and likes to have a good time.

More Women's Studies professors at Winona State University