in Norwalk Community College that teach English Edit
at Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
are you Gary Carlson?

07/02/2013
good
D084 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's not an easy professor, which I love! He pushed me to do my best. LOVED his class. I learned and improved my writing so much. I would definitely take him again because he's in the classroom to teach rather than waste anyone's time.

11/27/2012
good
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Carlson is a tough teacher, but he really did teach me to be a better writer. I can see how some might not take a liking to the guy, but if you want to really learn how to write, then take his class. You will do work though, and he is not an easy going teacher.

07/24/2012
good
ENG84 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I adore Carlson! He is not easy, but he helped me learn tons of things. If you want an easy professor he is not the one, but if you want to learn English take his class.

01/25/2012
ENG300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is NOT great. He acts all laid back but will slam you if you don't have something done. He has favorites. I had major family emergency and 3 our of my 4 professor worked with me to get through the semester. NOT Carlton. Heartless.

11/28/2011
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Rips papers to shreads! I have not gotten 1 a or b on an essay c's constantly even after the writers workshops. I deeply question his teaching credentials!

08/21/2011
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I noticed that some say he was not that great, but I have to say that he was the best English teacher I've had in my entire life. I aced his class, yes it took some work, but he thanked me for my unique insight as I thanked him for the best English experience of my life. Simply amazing. Funny, on task, diligent, and thorough. Very encouraging.

11/28/2010
good
HISTRnR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor- very smart and knowledgeable- a lot of writing in this class

09/20/2010
good
ENG2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful Professor! The course is VERY well organized and elaborately designed. His assignments very challenging and interesting! He IS demanding, but it is all for good! He knows his subject and is of a big help for students (for those who strive to succeed!) Thank u, professor! With all respect, T

05/13/2009
good
HistRnR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent Professor. Challenges his students with difficult assignments and actually grades on performance. Always has an open ear if something is going on, let him know, he is very understanding. Honestly one of the best professors I have ever had. Thank you.

01/20/2009
ENG084 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

OKAY TERRIBLE TEACHER WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL USE TO BE A GARDENER GONE ENGLISH MAJOR WTF RIGHT MAKES ME FEEL EVEN DUMBER BEING TAUGHT BY THE GREEN GIANT STUPID GOES BY THE BOOK IS NOT FLEXIBLE WITH DIFFERENT WRITING STYLES IF YOU LIKE TO BE BORED TAKE HIS CLASS IF NOT JUST DROP IT