Gary Carlson at Norwalk Community College

Gary Carlson

Number of ratings 27 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/2/13

D084

He's not an easy professor, which I love! He pushed me to do my best. LOVED his class. I learned and improved my writing so much. I would definitely take him again because he's in the classroom to teach rather than waste anyone's time.

11/27/12

Eng101

Carlson is a tough teacher, but he really did teach me to be a better writer. I can see how some might not take a liking to the guy, but if you want to really learn how to write, then take his class. You will do work though, and he is not an easy going teacher.

7/24/12

ENG84

I adore Carlson! He is not easy, but he helped me learn tons of things. If you want an easy professor he is not the one, but if you want to learn English take his class.

1/25/12

ENG300

He is NOT great. He acts all laid back but will slam you if you don't have something done. He has favorites. I had major family emergency and 3 our of my 4 professor worked with me to get through the semester. NOT Carlton. Heartless.

11/28/11

Eng101

Rips papers to shreads! I have not gotten 1 a or b on an essay c's constantly even after the writers workshops. I deeply question his teaching credentials!

8/21/11

ENG101

I noticed that some say he was not that great, but I have to say that he was the best English teacher I've had in my entire life. I aced his class, yes it took some work, but he thanked me for my unique insight as I thanked him for the best English experience of my life. Simply amazing. Funny, on task, diligent, and thorough. Very encouraging.

11/28/10

HISTRnR

Awesome professor- very smart and knowledgeable- a lot of writing in this class

9/20/10

ENG2

Wonderful Professor! The course is VERY well organized and elaborately designed. His assignments very challenging and interesting! He IS demanding, but it is all for good! He knows his subject and is of a big help for students (for those who strive to succeed!) Thank u, professor! With all respect, T

5/13/09

HistRnR

Excellent Professor. Challenges his students with difficult assignments and actually grades on performance. Always has an open ear if something is going on, let him know, he is very understanding. Honestly one of the best professors I have ever had. Thank you.

1/20/09

ENG084

OKAY TERRIBLE TEACHER WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL USE TO BE A GARDENER GONE ENGLISH MAJOR WTF RIGHT MAKES ME FEEL EVEN DUMBER BEING TAUGHT BY THE GREEN GIANT STUPID GOES BY THE BOOK IS NOT FLEXIBLE WITH DIFFERENT WRITING STYLES IF YOU LIKE TO BE BORED TAKE HIS CLASS IF NOT JUST DROP IT

11/14/07

eng84

10/30/06

ENG084

Professor Carlson knows how to write. If I can recall correctly, he was a movie critic at one point. He does grade hard along with his no nonsense comments on your essays, but it's a benefit for the student because he or she can improve his or her work for future essays.

3/9/06

ENG 101

EXCELLENT Professor!! He is very tough, very demanding but VERY fair and willing to help any students who ask. Prof. Carlson is the BEST ENG. Prof. at NCC!!!

3/2/06

ENG 102

Professor Carlson is very tough, do NOT expect to get an A in his courses, even if you have typically been very good in English classes. That said, he is a fantastic teacher, very dedicated, very helpful, and you will learn a lot without being intimidated. His classes are not generally hard to understand and participate in, but you will work hard.

1/10/06

ENG 102

He obviously knows his work but is not sensible when understanding the skills and styles many people have to writing. find another teacher

11/18/05

ENG 102

This guy tears papers to shreads! If you are not an ENG major DO NOT take this guys class!

9/11/05

EN 102

He was a nice teacher most of the time, though he was a bit harsh sometimes, mostly with his written comments on the essays. Still, as long as you do the work, you should pass with no problem. Be prepared though for when he calls on you to answer a question during discussions.

9/5/05

eng 102

Very strict and coformative. But, I did learn a lot.

8/31/05