David Bosnick at Binghamton University (SUNY)

David Bosnick

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/31/12

PPL487A

He made me a better writer and actually gave you a reason to read the books. He cares deeply about the students, as I was a crappy writer, and he made it a point to make me better. I enjoyed his class so much I created my own internship with him at the school he teaches at. Most people don't like the class because its difficult. But its worth it.

5/16/11

PHIL487

This guy takes his class and his students seriously. He says on his syllabus he believes in their capacity for genius and his expectations are high. He insists on class participation and you better have read the books. But he promises you will come out of the class smarter and a better writer and he keeps his promise. Great field trip too.

5/13/11

Eng380Z

I dont't know why everyone is bad mouthing this guy. He is a great teacher, really cares about his students and work. And yes its a tough class, ton of reading and you are expected to think at a very high level but its a upper 300 level class so what did you expect? You will get what you put in. I wish he taught more classes. Take this class!!

2/15/09

ENG380U

Narcassist hiding in an artificially empathetic suit. At best he is only imitating mercy, understanding, and empathy and therefore a hypocrite in regard to his own proposed advocacy. He pompously lacks action in his own wholistic lessons and teachings. In much simpler language, pretentious professor.

6/7/08

law487

difficult to understand. cares a lot about the material but little about the students. the workload is intense and the reward is disappointing.

3/6/08

PPL113

Dr. Bosnick knows more about the subject he teaches than any professor I've worked with at Binghamton. The people below who criticize him are the losers who drop or fail and the internet is the only place they can snipe. You wanna really learn, you take this class. You come out 10 times smarter and better read. Take the class. Trust me. He's smart.

2/15/07

ppl480a

digress all the time. makes corny jokes. boring. i'ven't learned anything in this class. he's one of those professors whom u either hate or love. i simply dislike his teaching style, which is dry and ineffective. if i didn't need to fulfill the 12 credits requirement, i would've dropped it after the first day i had the class with the man.

11/3/06

PPL457

Take this class. If you have the opportunity to have a class with prof Bosnick, do it. He is probably the best prof ive had in the four years ive been at Binghamton. You will learn so much from this man.

10/18/06

PPL487

The books we read were interesting. However, Bosnick is extremely judgmental and tries too hard to impose his views and prove himself right. I've had worse classes though.

6/19/06

PPL 487A

The person below dropped midway through the semester because he didn't do a paper that he had a whole vacation to work on...'nuff said.

6/9/06

PPL 487A

I recomend not taking his class. I dropped his class midway because I thought that he was conceded and a ****. I had a hard time sitting through that class so I left. Maybe it will work for you, but I don't recomend doing so.

11/22/05

PPL480A

Perhaps the greatest professor in my 4 years at Binghamton. His class was so wonderful that I stayed on the following year as a T.A. just so that I could learn more from this man. If you cannot decide - take his class (and do not be scared off by his first day lecture), it is worth the extra effort.

12/5/04

PPL 487A

shockingly enough, he really enjoys teaching and has a passion for it. he takes the time to get to know his students and really cares about whether or not they are understanding the material and learning. he did an incredible job for law and literature. the books we read we amazing!...A+++!

6/25/04

PPL 487

Rater Interest

He will help you grow as a person through law and literature.

4/20/04

ppl 487a

8/26/03

Eng

Rater Interest

I had Prof. Bosnick for 2 classes when I attended Binghamton 10 years ago.I was planning on becoming a lawyer.Because of him,I became an English teacher.He is an incredible teacher & human being.He taught me to look at lifedifferently&realizemyownpotentia

2/26/03

PPL 280A

2/20/03

Rater Interest

his lectures are wonderful and engaging. He really gets to know his students

2/19/03

A wonderful teacher

More English professors at Binghamton University (SUNY)