in Orange Coast College that teach Music Edit
Eliza Rubenstein
Professor in the Music department
at Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
are you Eliza Rubenstein?
B+

08/25/2014
good
MUS 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Eliza as an instructor for Music 100 and as a director for Chamber Singers. I have been in many choirs, Eliza's is by far the best I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. She is very passionate, and expects great things from her students. This expectation is what drives her students, it makes us want to succeed.

05/20/2014
good
Music 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C+

I took this class about a year ago. I have to say she is an outstanding professor. Day in and day out Eliza's passion for music shined up the classroom. She was very helpful and was open to any questions asked. On one of the documentaries we watched Eliza began to cry and it made me tear up a bit too. It made the music hit harder inside.

06/04/2013
good
MUS 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Eliza is an absolutely amazing choir director! She definitely makes sure you know what she wants from you. She knows what she wants from the group & how to make it better and better. She always wants the group to strive to make themselves better. I love working with her & can't wait for next semester!

12/17/2012
good
mus120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Eliza is amazing! She is such a good teacher and taught me how to be a better singer and musician within the first few classes. She is sweet, compassionate and understanding. You will love this class!

11/28/2012
good
MusA122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Eliza is the greatest choir director you'll ever meet. She's fun and is clearly passionate about music. She makes us work hard and is very picky but in the end it's always worth it.

07/31/2012
good
MUS100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My favorite teacher so far; she is very passionate about the subject (music history) and was happy to answer any questions. She loved to hear from her students and is overall very down-to-earth. I wouldn't recommend skipping her classes though, you will miss a lot of information. Her tests are average in difficulty, you just need to study. :)

06/20/2012
good
MUS120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Super fun teacher! She has a sense of humor and is really passionate and great at what she does! Just attend class and don't miss the concert at the end of the semester and you'll get an A! She's generally pretty easygoing, just don't talk while she's talking and don't come in late.

05/23/2012
good
MusicA100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher! She doesn't take attendance, but if you miss a class you will miss a lot, so don't miss class if you want an A! Eliza is understanding, down to earth, and makes the subject fun! Be warned, she is a fan of good grammar and spelling and expects it on the test. If you are looking into this class I would recommend.

05/20/2012
good
Music122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Eliza is... Completely wonderful and amazing! She's such an inspiration and will help you in every single way she can. She is passionate about everything when it comes to music. It has been such a privilege (and an honor) to work with her. She's amazing and wonderful and totally fun and hilarious!Totally taking her class again! I loved it so much!

05/20/2012
good
Music122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely loved every second of Chamber Singers; joining them was the best decision I made that semester. Eliza is a passionate musician and a fantastic conductor. I'm extremely grateful for her dedication to her students and the love she has for music. She even set aside time to work with me on my conducting skills. Bottom line: she's amazing.