in Stanford University that teach English Edit
at Stanford University, Stanford, CA
are you John L'Heureux?

11/12/2013
good
ShortStory Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took a seminar with him, and then subsequently asked him to be my advisor. You either love him, or don't understand him. He's challenging, abstruse, sardonic, and hands down my favorite professor at the Farm.

05/22/2012
good
StoryShrt Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Years ago I took a sophomore seminar from him. Amazing class. Came back here 13 years later just to rave. I can't recommend him highly enough.

08/29/2010
good
Life101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher with a good heart.

07/26/2010
good
Eng202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was my prof of modern American poetry at Tufts. I thought he was absolutely extraordinary and now, years later, I realize how great his influence was on me and what a wonderful teacher he was. I still remember how well he read Yeats.

05/13/2010
good
ShortStor Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took a sophomore seminar on contemporary American short fiction. One of the best classes I've ever taken. Very hard, but the expansion of my views on literature was amazing. Extremely challenging, in a good way.

11/25/2005
Short Story Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I think that this professor tends to be biased in his treatment of students and quite narrow-minded. If the student writes in a style that appeals to his ego, he encourages, if not, disparages. A terrible judge of character and potential.

10/21/2005
good
Drama 05 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's completely different one-on-one than he is in lecture, and still great. Doesn't take himself too seriously. Take his classes.

12/19/2004
good
mod drama Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Brilliant and witty - our class seemed to amuse him. Graded generously but was still hard on ideas.

10/29/2004
good
Shrt Story Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

You're either going to love him or hate him. He's witty, a great educator who takes no prisoners!

09/11/2004
good
Short Stry Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He gave me personal help with my writing, and taught me how to analyze literature. A really caring and accessible teacher.

04/29/2003
good
Fict, Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Tough but helped me improve my writing.

02/20/2003

brilliant, witty and cynical

02/19/2003

Pretentious in the extreme.

02/19/2003

John L'Heureux was the single most unfair professor I encountered at Stanford.