in De Anza College that teach Women's Studies Edit
Professor in the Women's Studies department
at De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
are you Julie Lewis?
09/28/2014
ICS8 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Assignments galore" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Get ready to read"

She is a very rude prof so try to just do your work with minimum contact. There's a lot of reading and work but it's all easy and do-able. Thankfully the class was offered online. BIG TIP: Just read what ever she writes religiously because she puts in little details that are very important just to see if students are actually serious.

09/22/2014
good
ICS 8 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Participation matters" "Clear grading criteria" "Would take again"

OMG Professor Lewis was great I loved signing on to catalyst and getting started with her class. Sometimes i would save it for the end as treat I lved everything we learned about. Her materials really get you thinking about overall life and society. Wish I got to meet her hopefully I'll find another class of hers to wiggle my way into

08/18/2014
good
ICS 8 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class was so much fun. Thank you, Julie! You are the best.

08/01/2014
good
ICS26 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was the best class I have ever taken in college. Julie is thorough, she is fun and friendly and the LGBTQ studies was extremely informative. I thought it was important to learn more about my community so I took the class. I was pleasantly surprised. I met some amazing friends. I recommend you take the class.

06/26/2014
ics Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE TEACHER!! AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS! She isn't out to help her students.. Does not CARE or take TIME out to explain/help. Irrational and demanding. Don't waste your money! There's a reason her classes are never full!!

11/16/2013
good
ICS 8 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+

This is college - you should expect writing and critical thinking, especially in a women's studies class. Julie provided subjects ranging from race to sexuality, encompassing all of them into a theme of privilege vs. oppression. I really took something away from this class. I highly recommend her.

09/24/2013
good
WMST-008 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the most amazing and eye opening classes I have taken. I was familiar with some of the topics in the Course, but I was also open to the new materials that I had not paid much attention to earlier in life. The engagement of all students in discourses was of value. I recommend WMST-008 to all. Dr. Lewis is a Profound Facilitator.

07/25/2013
good
ICS10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very first course I took at De Anza with her and she is an amazing teacher. There was a good amount of reading but the class was super easy, informative and fun. HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED! TAKE ANYONE OF HER CLASSES!!

06/10/2013
ICS 8 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took her online class. She's pretty tough on grading. Be prepared for lots and lots of homework as well, and theyr'e all due on Thursday. The course materials were not interesting at all for me, as excited as I was to sign up for it in the beginning. Not recommended.

03/01/2013
ICS 8 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Took this class online. Weekly discussion postings and critical thinking questions to submit There is a paper involved, midterm and final are also essay format. This class is not worth taking when you are only doing it for GE. Take something else that involves less writing instead. She likes having this due on Thursdays for some reason