in Holyoke Community College that teach English Edit
at Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA
are you Kim Hicks?

08/08/2013
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kim's compassion and excitement made me believe I could achieve. I accredit my I'vy Leage Master's Degree to the spark Kim ignited and fanned in me!

10/24/2012
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The woman is a legend. Her critique is unusually honest and bold. And yet, she is the biggest sweetheart you will ever meet. Somehow, she manages to meet the individual needs of 200+ students every year; the epitome of mentor. And your writing and knowledge base about life in general will improve vastly from her courses. Kim's word is law! A +

06/05/2012
good
Eng240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I miss her!She prepared me well for Ivy League school, and I am thriving there. So much credit goes to her and her fair but tough critiques of my writing. Makes you think. Loved the books she chose.Great sense of humor. Will not let you do fluff work; expects good work. If you love literature, take her Women & Lit class. You won't be sorry.

03/07/2012
good
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Hicks is an incredible professor. Every great grade I get on my term papers I can attribute to her. She facilitates group discussion and makes everyone feel like they're part of the class. I took a normal level English class for 102 and I actually got a worse grade in the class because the professor just wasn't her caliber.

01/06/2012
good
HON206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hicks is an incredible professor. She's a sweetheart, but don't underestimate her; she's also tough and will make you work for the grade you deserve. She helps you to think out of the box with various works presented and gives you drive to do your very best. Would happily take any other classes offered by her again.

01/03/2012
good
eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly accommodating and well informed. patient and flexible with class itinerary, yet able to cover all topics necessary while meeting individual needs of her students. Dr.Hicks passion for her job and ability to bring out the best in students almost makes me sad that i am a science major, as i will not be able to take any more of her classes.

12/27/2011
good
HON206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was my 3rd class with Dr. Hicks. She is hands down the greatest educator I have ever had Knows the material and presents things in a way which makes you want to learn. She is sweet and funny but also tough and fair. This was NOT an easy A! Put in the work and effort and you will be rewarded. I would take any class she offers. Simply the best!

05/24/2011
good
ENG245 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Outstanding professor (who truly earns that title). She is an intellectual who is able to delve into material and pull messages in it you might not have seen yourself. LOVE her lectures. Love how she is very fair with her students; does not ever call you out or embarrass you. A truly good preparation for four-year college English classes.

04/01/2011
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Nice woman. Fair grader, very personable.

09/06/2010
good
ENG245 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! If you work hard, you'll do great. Very helpful and fair.