Kim Hicks at Holyoke Community College

Kim Hicks

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/8/13

English 101

Kim's compassion and excitement made me believe I could achieve. I accredit my I'vy Leage Master's Degree to the spark Kim ignited and fanned in me!

10/24/12

ENG101

The woman is a legend. Her critique is unusually honest and bold. And yet, she is the biggest sweetheart you will ever meet. Somehow, she manages to meet the individual needs of 200+ students every year; the epitome of mentor. And your writing and knowledge base about life in general will improve vastly from her courses. Kim's word is law! A +

6/5/12

Eng240

I miss her!She prepared me well for Ivy League school, and I am thriving there. So much credit goes to her and her fair but tough critiques of my writing. Makes you think. Loved the books she chose.Great sense of humor. Will not let you do fluff work; expects good work. If you love literature, take her Women & Lit class. You won't be sorry.

3/7/12

Eng101

Professor Hicks is an incredible professor. Every great grade I get on my term papers I can attribute to her. She facilitates group discussion and makes everyone feel like they're part of the class. I took a normal level English class for 102 and I actually got a worse grade in the class because the professor just wasn't her caliber.

1/6/12

HON206

Dr. Hicks is an incredible professor. She's a sweetheart, but don't underestimate her; she's also tough and will make you work for the grade you deserve. She helps you to think out of the box with various works presented and gives you drive to do your very best. Would happily take any other classes offered by her again.

1/3/12

eng101

Incredibly accommodating and well informed. patient and flexible with class itinerary, yet able to cover all topics necessary while meeting individual needs of her students. Dr.Hicks passion for her job and ability to bring out the best in students almost makes me sad that i am a science major, as i will not be able to take any more of her classes.

12/27/11

HON206

This was my 3rd class with Dr. Hicks. She is hands down the greatest educator I have ever had Knows the material and presents things in a way which makes you want to learn. She is sweet and funny but also tough and fair. This was NOT an easy A! Put in the work and effort and you will be rewarded. I would take any class she offers. Simply the best!

5/24/11

ENG245

Outstanding professor (who truly earns that title). She is an intellectual who is able to delve into material and pull messages in it you might not have seen yourself. LOVE her lectures. Love how she is very fair with her students; does not ever call you out or embarrass you. A truly good preparation for four-year college English classes.

4/1/11

ENG101

Nice woman. Fair grader, very personable.

9/6/10

ENG245

Great professor! If you work hard, you'll do great. Very helpful and fair.

5/12/10

Eng245

Kim is very knowledgable on her material. She is passionate about what she teaches,but I would not call this class easy by any means.You will earn whatever grade that you get. She gives you the opportunity to re write papers if you are not satisfied with your grade as well. Shes not easy,but she is fair.

11/23/08

LC201

This woman is phenomenal. She's the perfect mix between critical, and sweetheart. If you think you're a good writer, she'll show you 100 things you could do better. I really learned a lot from her as writer.

9/7/07

Eng100

Kim is an amazing person & teacher. Take a class with her you will love it.

More English professors at Holyoke Community College