in Howard Payne University that teach Theology Edit
are you Wallace Roark?
1.6

07/23/2008
good
IntroNT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Roark was one of the best professors I've ever had. He definitely is one to make his students think. Although I graduated back in '03, his "big picture" approach helped shape my understanding not only of the subject matter he taught, but has carried over into the way I view the world. We need more professors like him.

05/03/2008
good
Phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

this man's ideas should and could change the church and the world

04/04/2006
good
philosophy Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was interested in philosophy before taking his class. It wound up being my major. Now I am working on a Masters. Don't underestimate him because he will make you think.

09/10/2005
old testament Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Roark is a very hard teacher. You either like him or hate him, and I can't say that I really liked him. He has a wack grading scale that no one knows because he makes it up/changes it every time. I made b's on all of my test in his class and made a c in the class overall...how that works, I don't know.

09/03/2005
good
Senior Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

08/30/2005
good
theology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An Amazing professor....He is one of the few men in my life who made and makes me think....I urge everyone to take his class just to prove that we can all think for ourselves....

08/30/2005
good
All Classes Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Roark is the best teacher that I've ever had. He is like a million years old but is so freaking smart. Besides that he's an army ranger. Than has killed people for crying out loud!

05/25/2005
good
BIB 1301, 1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Roark gets a bad rap from some people who wish they didn't have to think. You need to understand a few things before taking Roark: (1) he teaches in stories/parables, and (2) you can't pigeonhole him. That being said, don't be discouraged, just get to it!

04/29/2005
good
Phil & Doctrine Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Makes you think. Very challenging. Very interesting. Difficult for most students to figure out his position on things. Very Eccentric but not in a bad way. In philosophy some students were very confused by his challenging their beliefs and faith. Take time to get to know him outside class.

04/28/2005
doctrines Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

class is not what you expect very general..nothing deep.

11/18/2004
good
Theo 4390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Doctrines was an incredible class to take with this man! He is so helpful and always on time. I have met with him in his office constantly and he is always willing to discuss and questions I had. Best class I have taken at HPU.

09/22/2003
good
BIB 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher. I loved his class and learned a lot!

05/07/2003
IntroBibl Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Provides no help. Late for every single class-including the final and expects you to wait! Take someone else!!! The only ones that will rate him good are freshmen and bible majors that know it all already or don't know there are better teachers available

02/19/2003