Wallace Roark at Howard Payne University

Wallace Roark

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/23/08

IntroNT

Dr. Roark was one of the best professors I've ever had. He definitely is one to make his students think. Although I graduated back in '03, his "big picture" approach helped shape my understanding not only of the subject matter he taught, but has carried over into the way I view the world. We need more professors like him.

5/3/08

Phil101

this man's ideas should and could change the church and the world

4/4/06

philosophy

I was interested in philosophy before taking his class. It wound up being my major. Now I am working on a Masters. Don't underestimate him because he will make you think.

9/10/05

old testament

Roark is a very hard teacher. You either like him or hate him, and I can't say that I really liked him. He has a wack grading scale that no one knows because he makes it up/changes it every time. I made b's on all of my test in his class and made a c in the class overall...how that works, I don't know.

9/3/05

Senior

8/30/05

theology

An Amazing professor....He is one of the few men in my life who made and makes me think....I urge everyone to take his class just to prove that we can all think for ourselves....

8/30/05

All Classes

Roark is the best teacher that I've ever had. He is like a million years old but is so freaking smart. Besides that he's an army ranger. Than has killed people for crying out loud!

5/25/05

BIB 1301, 1302

Dr. Roark gets a bad rap from some people who wish they didn't have to think. You need to understand a few things before taking Roark: (1) he teaches in stories/parables, and (2) you can't pigeonhole him. That being said, don't be discouraged, just get to it!

4/29/05

Phil & Doctrine

Makes you think. Very challenging. Very interesting. Difficult for most students to figure out his position on things. Very Eccentric but not in a bad way. In philosophy some students were very confused by his challenging their beliefs and faith. Take time to get to know him outside class.

4/28/05

doctrines

class is not what you expect very general..nothing deep.

11/18/04

Theo 4390

Doctrines was an incredible class to take with this man! He is so helpful and always on time. I have met with him in his office constantly and he is always willing to discuss and questions I had. Best class I have taken at HPU.

9/22/03

BIB 101

Rater Interest

Excellent teacher. I loved his class and learned a lot!

5/7/03

IntroBibl

Rater Interest

Provides no help. Late for every single class-including the final and expects you to wait! Take someone else!!! The only ones that will rate him good are freshmen and bible majors that know it all already or don't know there are better teachers available

2/19/03

More Theology professors at Howard Payne University

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!