Gerald Poulin at Roane State Community College

Gerald Poulin

Number of ratings 6 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/10/13

ENGL1010

THE MAN IS BRILLIANT. HE CAN COME OFF AS A KNOW IT ALL BUT HE IS GREAT. HE WANTS YOU TO APPLY YOURSELF. HE WILL PREPARE YOU FOR THE HARDER COURSES LATER ON. THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL SO DONT EXPECT A FLY BY NIGHT CLASS. IF YOU TRULY WANT TO LEARN TAKE HIM. ALSO, SEE HIM DURING OFFICE HOURS.

10/24/12

ENGL1010

Poulin was my first English teacher in college... Can't stand the man. He was cocky and says "there's always room for improvement." I worked my butt off in this class and still only got a C... I'm normally an A student in all my classes.

4/26/12

ENGL1010

Professor Poulin was very helpful last semester. He wants to make sure that each student has a clear understanding of what they will be doing. As long as you come to class and listen to what he would have you to do, you should have no problem at all passing. I had been out of school for 15 years and was able to make an A because of his helpfulness.

4/22/11

Eng1020

Kinda goofy but an excellent instructor. He is very passionate about what he teaches and I think that really helps. English is not my strong suit by far but he definitely does his best to bring it down to our level. He will gladly help if you need it.

3/27/11

COMP1020

It's probably because English is my worst subject, but I have to spend a lot of time doing work in this class. We usually have to read a story then take a quiz on it the next class. You write 5 papers. He grades hard, but will let you e-mail him a rough draft. Without the learning center, I would have failed. Overall, nice guy kinda weird. Okay cla

1/12/10

ENGL1010

Excellent teacher. Minimal homework and even when it is assigned it was about 2-8 pages of reading. Very easy reading and minimal quizzes. He always gives enough time to write papers and prepare for quizzes. He also lets you e-mail everything to him to give you a once over before turning it in for a grade. Im taking him again next semester! =]

More English professors at Roane State Community College