Barbara McPherson at MiraCosta College (all)

Barbara McPherson

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/22/14

psyc 205

She is alright at teaching for most part she is confusing she is nice but that is not good enough. She needs to assign hw from text she does to much online hw or test its hard and different from the lectures.

3/26/14

Psych 205

She is one of the worst teachers I have EVER taken. She is always confused about what we are doing in class. You basically need to teach yourself the material on your own. Does not explain anything, and often doesn't know what she is teaching. DONT TAKE HER!

5/25/13

PSYC 220

She's a great professor! I took her 220 course at CSUSM. Always show up for class...she takes attendance. TONS of extra credit. You need the book, all hw and studying comes from there. She loves to laugh and smile! Love her teaching style. I like her so much, I'll be taking her again for my 230 (205) course at Mira Costa for the summer :)

5/20/13

Psyc 205

She is often very confused about assignments and things she has previously said. Once I asked for help and she wrote out the answer but when she graded the paper she would mark incorrect what she did. The exams are extremely hard and often times the answer to the questions can be two options that were given. She is poor in clarity!

12/19/12

Psych104

Had this class and have to say it was the easiest statistics course for me. The teaching was clear most of the time. Assignments given were relevant to the lecture and upcoming tests. Professor was very helpful and made it clear to the class what to expect on the tests.

12/12/12

PSYC104

Lazily prepared slideshows. Not very knowledgeable about the material. You will rely on the textbook. Not the best class, though she is a very nice lady. She doesn't explain the material very well, though.

12/3/12

Psyc104

Worst teacer I've took in the two years I have been here. Students correct her at least once every class, which makes things even more confusing. Does not seem to know what see is doing. Test are very difficult in order to understand you need to basically ingnore the lecture and just read the book.

7/8/12

psyc101

she is a nice person and a great teacher.I would highly recommend her if you want to learn new materials and get a good grade.

7/8/12

psyc101

she is a nice and a great teacher. I would highly recommend her if you want to learn new materials and get a good grade.

12/11/11

Soc205

She's a great Psychology Professor. Shes expects her students to take initiative. I've taken this class before and the professor sucked. In this class we did our own research and learned what its really like to do our own work. The class is very open and regulated at your own pace. The professor is very easy to get along with. Taker her over others

7/16/11

SOC104

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD TAKE THIS TEACHER, IF YOU WANNA GET AN A. SO MUCH EASIER THEN OTHER PROFESSORS!

7/16/11

SOC104

I am taking her for a 6 week summer class.She is a great teacher, very helpful, she gets to class 30 mins before and answeres any questions you have.Shes very nice and caring. She will get back to you very quickly on emails, which I like! Just study the chapters before class or you wont know what the hell shes talking about.

5/25/11

child121

She is a very nice woman but a terrible teacher. I learned absolutely nothing in the class. Passed the tests by simply studying vocab. She didn't test on anything else. She has rediculous expectations. If I didnt need the class I would have dropped. She is terrible!

1/22/11

psyc104

Class is easy if you tune out during lecture and study the book yourself- she makes things way more complicated than necessary, actually had to correct her at times. Very nice though but do not take her if you actually want to learn something

12/20/10

PSYC121

I had this teacher for one online class and then a regular class the next semester. The work was straight forward and helpful, as long as you pay attention during lectures and do the homework assignments the tests are easy. She is understanding, a sweet person and a pleasant teacher to have.

12/16/10

SOC104

Took this class online, loved it. The information was easy to understand, with a great format, and I learned a lot. It is ONLINE so it's pretty much a self taught, but if you email her she is willing to help.

11/23/10

PSYC100

She's nice,but the worst professor I've had at MC. I really love Psychology, but I dreaded coming to her class. There are many times where I wanted to go up in front of the class and start explaining what she says because I feel like she did not know what in the world she was talking about. I loathe slide-shows, but that's the only way she teaches.

11/22/10

Psy110

Horrible. Goes to show that if a textbook company prints slides and you read them to others we can all be considered teachers

11/14/10

psych101

I really enjoyed Prof. McPherson's class. She grades the tests and posts the grades very quickly which I appreciate. I think she delivers the information in a clear, concise way. Our class had many interesting discussions. I would love to take other classes from her.

7/9/10

PSYC104

Not the smartest professor you'll ever meet. In fact, not smart at all. She often is outsmarted by her own students. She's a nice lady, but she's a terrible teacher. If you read the book, you'll be okay. Too bad she doesn't do much teaching, though.

More Psychology professors at MiraCosta College (all)