Judith Challinger at California State University Chico

Judith Challinger

Number of ratings 51 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/5/14

CSCI 311

People considering taking this class read all of these comments to prepare yourself for this class. I assure you all of them are 100% true. She never interacts with the class or gives visual examples, she reads off of her slides thats it. The exams are not code based they are pseudo code based. Be prepared to teach yourself all topics. Best of luck

1/6/14

CSCI 311

One of the worst teachers I have ever had in my life. I spent hours and hours working on assignments only to recieve zeros on them. She basically stands up and reads directly from the textbook during lecture. When you ask her questions in office hours she takes you as an idiot and asks 'did you read' and 'we went over this'. Terrible CLass.

1/2/14

CSCI 311

Horrible, you will be shocked with her teaching style. Thank god I passed.

12/10/13

CINS 110

I agree with the comment below: She doesn't teach. Class materials were online tutorials. Test questions written ambiguously and some had mistakes. Considering this is an entry-level class, I was disappointed that she gave explanations as if the students already had an intuitive grasp of programming. Didn't engage students at all in lectures.

10/11/13

cins110

doesnt teach. everything I learned I taught myself

4/30/13

CSCI 551

I don't understand all the comments here. I thought she was pretty nice. Helpful outside of class. Tests require studying like any class. I put in mediocore effort and will likely pass with a B. What more can you expect Chico?

4/22/13

CSCI551

Hit and miss. Some days she seemed friendly and willing to help. Other days she would just get annoyed and say to figure it out on your own. I'm sure its because she doesn't enjoy teaching students that don't appreciate her hard work. She needs to be a bit easier on grading though. I understood the material and still got low marks.

4/9/13

CSCI 551

Terrible. Just terrible. I'm not sure which she is worse at; advising or teaching. Pretty useless at both. She is not explicit about requirements and decides them AFTER the assignment is due. I'm convinced that the only reason myself and others passed is because she was too lazy to actually grade the final project, and so just gave everyone 100%.

6/1/12

CSCI221

Make sure to do ALL of the lab assignments and programs, which aren't too difficult because her tests are INSANELY difficult. I got an F and two D's on the midterms and final and managed to pass with a C ONLY because I did all of the homework and labs. She is completely unforgiving when it comes to grading!

7/21/11

CSCI221

The bane of the computer science department. let me warn you now. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. This lady dont know anything about computer science(she cant even operate the projector) Shes always angry, a pitiful advisor. and when you ask for help she will tell you how she thinks u could approach the problem, then on grading she denies it and marks u down.

5/11/11

CSCI221

She isn't a teacher, she just reads off notes that she copy/pasted from the ancient book the course is based on. She give almost no partial credit, so if you don't do it her way, you're wrong. Any question you ask will result in one of 3 answers: "Its in the book," "Google it," or "Check Appendix B." She is useless. Avoid her at all costs!

5/9/11

csci221

(Diabolical-5 out of 5), Beware... this class does not need to be difficult, but she makes it so. Her attitude is difficult. Usually Im not too harsh on my professors, but this time I feel compelled to warn others. DO NOT take this class at CSU Chico, go to Butte CC. I should have done the same.

4/25/11

CSCI217

Challinger is incredibly condescending and hypocritical. She will miss multiple classes and refuse to discuss any material you miss should YOU miss a single class. The text is infinitely more helpful than she is. If you enjoy computer science, be warned: she can completely ruin it for you.

1/26/11

csci221

I took her for assembly language. If you going to ask her a question just punch yourself in the face and sit back down. it will probably help you out more than if you went and asked her.

12/19/10

CSCI566

Very confusing. She's very nice, but you really have to go out of your way like crazy in order to get anything out of her material wise. I don't think she doesn't care, I mean despite what people have said, she will answer your questions if you're specific enough and show that you've tried everywhere else, but come on. That usually doesn't work.

11/1/10

Csci221

Abandon all hope ye who enter. terrible terrible terrible

11/3/09

csci102

Not really a good class to take for GE. There are better ones. Attendance is mandatory and part of your grade. You do weekly journals and participate in a debate and a few very short presentations. Lectures are very boring. Everything is read off of websites she made. No textbook required and everything is online. No final. Easy, but tedious.

4/21/09

csci221

the comment before this one was obviously writen by challenger herself. i work my ass off in this class, and got a D. she cant teach, lazy lazy lectures. talk about horses with her if you want to get on her good side. the book is horrible.

1/20/09

eece221

Well, lets just put it this way as far as her grading goes.... I have (had) a 3.27 overall gpa, and i have never gotten lower than a C in any class. She was generous enough to give me my first F! Does not and will refuse to curve the class, multiple students from my class failed and have to retake, want to know the secret? Butte College teaches it

12/8/08

EECE221

boring class, lecture doesn't show or teach how do use the assembly language program. when asking for help, she will answer "did you read the book? did you read my notes?"

More Computer Science professors at California State University Chico