in Butte College that teach English Edit
at Butte College, Oroville, CA
are you Leonard Adame?
1.7

02/02/2011
ENG2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a horrible teacher. He watches a lot of movies on Mexican Civil Rights. Its true if your white you WILL receive a low grade. He expects you to believe and agree with everything he says. He doesn't listen or try to understand. You don't learn anything...no grammer, no books, just movies!

09/24/2010
Engl6 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very poor teacher. He does not make the slightest attempt to help you improve. Aside from how little I learned, I also NEVER got a grade from him, I had to harass the Dean just to get a grade for the class.

04/03/2010
good
engl119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Adame by far was one of the most interesting instructors that I have had. I found his opinions and views towards classism, racism, sexism, and monarchy to be very well explained. However, this class did not help improve my writing skills, but it has improved my critical thinking, as well as my public speaking skills.

10/23/2009
good
ENG2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you are considering taking Adame's English class, be ready to be in an environment where thinking critically and responding verbally and in writing. Keep up on your journals and reading, he gives us a minimal amount of reading so just do it, it's easy. Read the book and ask questions. I recommend Professor Adame, he's insightful and not demandin

08/02/2009
good
ENGL2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'm not sure why everyone hates this vlass. Mr. Adame is really cool. I just took him this summer and we wrote many essays and read alot. It was an intense 8 weeks but it was fine. He expects alot from students, and I don't this he is ****s. I am Mexican and he was hard on me.. So just relax, he is a cool guy!

07/27/2009
ENG2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I knew this class would have a lot of writing and expected that I would learn how to write better. I have learned nothing so far except his views on world events and racism. I am not familiar with writing a thesis statement and I have to teach myself by googling THESIS. All we seem to do is class discussion and watch movies + journals!

07/02/2009
eng119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

cool person bad teacher. if you know how to write already it would be a good class but he doesn't believe in giving A unless you are perfect and no one is perfect to him. loses everything and very unorganized. doesn't teach much english but alot of essay writing. donesn't use books but watchs alot of movies. main focus is racism.

06/13/2009
ENG119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Always unprepared. Compares MLK to Star Trek movies in his "thematical connection" speeches. You never use your text book! Always need a dictionary. Talks about how God hates us. Teaches absolutely nothing! Thinks he is another George Lopez. Loses all assignments. Makes you write a journal he doesn't look at. You wait forever for your grade!

06/10/2009
ENGL2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He's not as bad as others make out to be. However, he forces his opinion a lot where it's more or less needed. If you regard him as a student rather than a 'real' teacher; he's a lot easier to understand as he thinks all students in his class are uninformed.

06/04/2009
eng2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a socialist. he pushes his ideas on people. Im not white but white people seemed to get the lowest grades. he always has negative things to say about america. He grades student papers based on what he agrees with. He loves to arguee and is infamous for being a jerk.