Leonard Adame at Butte College

Leonard Adame

Number of ratings 61 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/2/11

ENG2

He is a horrible teacher. He watches a lot of movies on Mexican Civil Rights. Its true if your white you WILL receive a low grade. He expects you to believe and agree with everything he says. He doesn't listen or try to understand. You don't learn anything...no grammer, no books, just movies!

9/24/10

Engl6

Very poor teacher. He does not make the slightest attempt to help you improve. Aside from how little I learned, I also NEVER got a grade from him, I had to harass the Dean just to get a grade for the class.

4/3/10

engl119

Adame by far was one of the most interesting instructors that I have had. I found his opinions and views towards classism, racism, sexism, and monarchy to be very well explained. However, this class did not help improve my writing skills, but it has improved my critical thinking, as well as my public speaking skills.

10/23/09

ENG2

If you are considering taking Adame's English class, be ready to be in an environment where thinking critically and responding verbally and in writing. Keep up on your journals and reading, he gives us a minimal amount of reading so just do it, it's easy. Read the book and ask questions. I recommend Professor Adame, he's insightful and not demandin

8/2/09

ENGL2

I'm not sure why everyone hates this vlass. Mr. Adame is really cool. I just took him this summer and we wrote many essays and read alot. It was an intense 8 weeks but it was fine. He expects alot from students, and I don't this he is ****s. I am Mexican and he was hard on me.. So just relax, he is a cool guy!

7/27/09

ENG2

I knew this class would have a lot of writing and expected that I would learn how to write better. I have learned nothing so far except his views on world events and racism. I am not familiar with writing a thesis statement and I have to teach myself by googling THESIS. All we seem to do is class discussion and watch movies + journals!

7/2/09

eng119

cool person bad teacher. if you know how to write already it would be a good class but he doesn't believe in giving A unless you are perfect and no one is perfect to him. loses everything and very unorganized. doesn't teach much english but alot of essay writing. donesn't use books but watchs alot of movies. main focus is racism.

6/13/09

ENG119

Always unprepared. Compares MLK to Star Trek movies in his "thematical connection" speeches. You never use your text book! Always need a dictionary. Talks about how God hates us. Teaches absolutely nothing! Thinks he is another George Lopez. Loses all assignments. Makes you write a journal he doesn't look at. You wait forever for your grade!

6/10/09

ENGL2

He's not as bad as others make out to be. However, he forces his opinion a lot where it's more or less needed. If you regard him as a student rather than a 'real' teacher; he's a lot easier to understand as he thinks all students in his class are uninformed.

6/4/09

eng2

He is a socialist. he pushes his ideas on people. Im not white but white people seemed to get the lowest grades. he always has negative things to say about america. He grades student papers based on what he agrees with. He loves to arguee and is infamous for being a jerk.

3/22/09

ENG119

AWFUL teacher. Not very good what so ever!

1/28/09

ENGL101

He really isn't that bad. But, I'm not saying he's particularly cool either. I'm pretty sure there are worse out there.

12/29/08

Eng2

This class involves participation and critical thinking. Mr.Adame is a smart person. He helped me think before I speak. Taking this class was a good experience, so don't pay attention to the negative comments. Overall, Mr. Adame is a good professor.

12/16/08

Engl119

From day 1 he was a smart "alec." He wants you to JOURNAL 4 times a week, don't get behind!! If your interest is Engl, take someone else, if you don't know Engl very well, take someone else. His main focus is multicultural events. Not much Engl that I actually learned. More debating than anything. HORRID instructor.

11/7/08

eng119

Awful teacher. I mean, the first day of class, he seemed really interesting, and from then on my interest for him when down! He expects you to do a ton of journals what we talk about in class, mostly about politics, crimes, and everything else in the world that has nothing to do with English. I give this teacher two thumbs down.

10/27/08

ENGL2

I am taking this class right now and I have not learned anything!! I am not that good of a writer so I thought English2 would help me learn how to right. This class is all about "critical thinking" not anything about learning how to write.He is also very bias and dislikes you if you do not agree with him. Only a good teacher if you know how to writ

9/13/08

ENG119

worst teacher ever!!!! last week of the sem. he was going around trying to find out what grade he gave us, and was still grading papers in class. He should not be teaching. he is a waste of time and our money.

8/6/08

ENGL2

Funny Guy. Really good message. He is the liberal version of Bill O'Reilly. I believe him to be very hypocritical. He claims to want "critical" thinkers, but whenever you do not regurgitate his ideas he claims you as being bias.I would only recommend his class to people who can handle being told their wrong with one-sided evidence. Avoidatallcosts

7/24/08

Eng12

he is not liked by many, but i think it is because he is not entirely understood. he comes off too headstrong at first, but if you take the time to listen, he has a valuable message. he does take the wrong approach to teaching, but he is very kind. make sure to pay attention. PARTICIPATE, PARTICIPATE, PARTICIPATE!! BREAK YOUR HELMET

7/2/08

EngliNA

This class is a joke. All we do in class is discuss his political issues and opinions and how America is making Mexico poorer and poorer. We watch videos so he doesn?t actually have to teach. The papers we have to write aren?t that tedious, but he grades only grammatically not by content yet he doesn?t teach anything about grammar in class. He

More English professors at Butte College