in Seattle Central College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Seattle Central College, Seattle, WA
are you John Toutonghi?

05/24/2013
good
Math 085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I hated math before this class! But he really helped me understand it better! I wish I could continue to have him as my math teacher! He was very helpful and knowledgeable! If you can I strongly suggest taking him!

04/01/2013
good
MATH 141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Toutonghi is a saint. I never used to like math, let alone succeed at it. His office hours are so helpful, and he is incredibly patient. Probably one of the best teachers I've ever had. I hope he teaches the Calculus series, or I might not do as well! Plus he has a great sense of humor, and will work hard to see his students (those who try) succeed

01/15/2013
math215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I thought I was getting a great teacher but wow was I disappointed. The way he talks to students is discouraging and his lecture is confusing. To him, his lecture is god. I've never disliked math like this. He does make himself available but if you give a good lecture in the first place, people won't need to see you after class! WE DONT HAVE TIME.

08/23/2012
good
Math084 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I should qualify the easiness score - Toutonghi's class is super-easy if you attend all classes. His lectures tell you everything you need for the tests and next courses. If you're struggling, show up to office hours. He's around a lot to help! I feel like I'm good at math for the first time in years. He rocks.

04/29/2012
good
MATH141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this guy! Toutonghi is a dynamic lecturer and he is very accessible. He holds office hours in the lobby and helps students that aren't even in his class. He loves to teach and he wants his students to succeed. I wish he taught the calculus series. TAKE HIS CLASS!!

04/07/2012
good
MATH085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Toutonghi for both 084 and 085 and absolutely love his teaching style. Attend class! TAKE NOTES!! Copy EVERYTHING he puts on the board, verbatim! He gives you all that you need to succeed in these classes, but you will work! He's very thorough, makes himself available, and is very clear in his instruction. Would take again! Highly recommend!

02/20/2012
good
match085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

His teaching methods are one of the best Ive come across. He makes math make sense. By mid quarter his class is still as full as it was in the beginning. He is a great teacher. I highly recommend him especially if math is not your strong suite.

02/09/2012
good
ALGEB085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher, I took two classes with him. He is the best math teacher that I ever had.

01/05/2012
good
MATH85 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have had Toutonghi twice and am so glad that I stayed. He really is a great teacher and really helpful. He helps walk you step by step to solve problems and helps you to understand how to solve them. As long as you copy his notes, attend class, do your hw, you will be fine. Would love to have him again as a teacher.

12/21/2011
good
Math85 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Second time taking him and he was a good teacher. Same thing -- he makes himself available so getting a good grade is up to you. Math 85 is a lot harder than 84 -- attendance is important. Make sure you come to class, he's a lot less likely to help you if you have poor attendance.