in Seattle Central College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Seattle Central College, Seattle, WA
are you John Toutonghi?

05/24/2013
good
Math 085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I hated math before this class! But he really helped me understand it better! I wish I could continue to have him as my math teacher! He was very helpful and knowledgeable! If you can I strongly suggest taking him!

04/01/2013
good
MATH 141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Toutonghi is a saint. I never used to like math, let alone succeed at it. His office hours are so helpful, and he is incredibly patient. Probably one of the best teachers I've ever had. I hope he teaches the Calculus series, or I might not do as well! Plus he has a great sense of humor, and will work hard to see his students (those who try) succeed

01/15/2013
math215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I thought I was getting a great teacher but wow was I disappointed. The way he talks to students is discouraging and his lecture is confusing. To him, his lecture is god. I've never disliked math like this. He does make himself available but if you give a good lecture in the first place, people won't need to see you after class! WE DONT HAVE TIME.

08/23/2012
good
Math084 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I should qualify the easiness score - Toutonghi's class is super-easy if you attend all classes. His lectures tell you everything you need for the tests and next courses. If you're struggling, show up to office hours. He's around a lot to help! I feel like I'm good at math for the first time in years. He rocks.

04/29/2012
good
MATH141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this guy! Toutonghi is a dynamic lecturer and he is very accessible. He holds office hours in the lobby and helps students that aren't even in his class. He loves to teach and he wants his students to succeed. I wish he taught the calculus series. TAKE HIS CLASS!!

04/07/2012
good
MATH085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Toutonghi for both 084 and 085 and absolutely love his teaching style. Attend class! TAKE NOTES!! Copy EVERYTHING he puts on the board, verbatim! He gives you all that you need to succeed in these classes, but you will work! He's very thorough, makes himself available, and is very clear in his instruction. Would take again! Highly recommend!

02/20/2012
good
match085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

His teaching methods are one of the best Ive come across. He makes math make sense. By mid quarter his class is still as full as it was in the beginning. He is a great teacher. I highly recommend him especially if math is not your strong suite.

02/09/2012
good
ALGEB085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher, I took two classes with him. He is the best math teacher that I ever had.

01/05/2012
good
MATH85 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have had Toutonghi twice and am so glad that I stayed. He really is a great teacher and really helpful. He helps walk you step by step to solve problems and helps you to understand how to solve them. As long as you copy his notes, attend class, do your hw, you will be fine. Would love to have him again as a teacher.

12/21/2011
good
Math85 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Second time taking him and he was a good teacher. Same thing -- he makes himself available so getting a good grade is up to you. Math 85 is a lot harder than 84 -- attendance is important. Make sure you come to class, he's a lot less likely to help you if you have poor attendance.

12/13/2011
good
Math141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Toutonghi is one of the best teachers i've had especially when it comes to math.Copy his notes verbatim, do the assignments &you will be fine. He is also readily available. Lenient of turning hw and his quizzes are simple just review daily. Exams are straight to the point also. Review, review, review!

07/04/2011
good
Math84 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He's the most accessible teacher I've ever seen, he's always in the Science/Math lab helping students. If you put in time he will help you pass. He's very friendly but if you have a lot of questions ask durng lab hours, he gets irritated if you slow the class down. He's a dead ringer for Allen Covert, whose always in Adam Sandler's movies.

07/02/2011
good
MATH098 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Toutonghi for 081 & 098. He truly is amazing!He set the framework for me in 081, was amazing in 098, which really helped with my pre-calc and calc classes that I took next. He's ALWAYS there before class to help. When he even sees you studying in the lounge he approaches you &asks you how math is going for you. AMAZING!

06/01/2011
good
MATH085 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've always struggled with math, and in particular, algebra. Toutoughi is the first instructor who has helped me truly ENJOY these classes. I haven't had to get outside tutoring because he offers so much help before each class. I highly recommend this instructor!

03/30/2011
good
math98 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Toutonghi is amazing!!!

02/25/2011
good
mat142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. He really tries to explain things in different perspectives in order to help people who understand math in different ways. Always willing to help when you ask, and will answer questions when you ask. Is also totally open to feedback, questions, and opinions on material during class.

02/14/2011
good
Math98 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is excellent, his teaching style makes math very interesting subject. He cares about student and available for help.

02/04/2011
good
MATH081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher. Very careful to notice that ALL of his students are learning the material. Takes extra time with every person that asks and hosts a tutoring lab.

12/29/2010
good
MATH98 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher this is my second time around taking his class. He always is there to help before class and gives enough problems to learn the material. Granted this was harder then 81 I still got a C+/B- in the

12/22/2010
good
Math81 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful teacher! He works hard to make sure everyone gets the material. I hate math and I enjoyed this class. Kinda sad I can't take his class next semester.