Patricia Dobratz at Arizona State University

Patricia Dobratz

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/3/14

FAS 440

I took the 7.5 week online course and absolutely loved it! I've been wanting to be a Marriage and Family Therapist so this class was extremely helpful and insightful as to what that entails! Her grading was extremely fair, the assignments were easy, and she is very prompt in her responses to students. Very good professor and great class to take!

10/10/13

FAS 440

This was the best online course I've ever taken...the video lectures helped make it interesting.

10/9/13

FAS440

This class was disappointingly not interesting at all. Discussion boards are easy, you have an hour to answer 10 questions on the quiz which is easy, but sometimes the questions are a bit ambiguous. Video lectures had weird, distracting sounds in them. Overall, if you need an FAS credit quickly, take this class. If for interest in topic, DO NOT.

9/16/13

FAS 440

We are over half way through this course and I am loving it! Audio lectures and discussions make it interactive and keep my attention.

7/10/13

FAS440

Ms. Dobratz was really responsive and helpful. I think this class would be better in person, but I liked it overall!

2/20/13

FAS440

I still can't believe what a complete disappointment this class was. Lecture notes were useless, never came up on exams. Grades are only from discussion boards (ridiculous and confusing) and exams (straight from textbook). She made NO EFFORT to make this class interesting at all, honestly killed all the excitement I had for this subject!

5/26/11

CDE232

Patricia is a really good instructor. There are only four test (drop the lowest) in the semester that counts half of the grade. She gives a lot of extra credit, especially in the test. Go to class every day, she will give announced assignments and maybe extra points. Class is based on 275 total points. I will recommended to all. I got an A!

11/5/10

CDE242

(human dev.) Gives lots of examples to help understand everything. Doesn't give much work, which means you HAVE to do good on every assignment & test. tests are consistent. gives breaks since classes are long. tests are pretty much every other week.

8/2/10

FAS331

I thought it was nice that she wanted us to sit in the same place to get to know us, even in a class that size. Interesting class, lectures could get dry at times, but I would take a course with her again.

7/31/10

FAS331

Kept my interest and made the discussions fun and applicable to real life! She was approachable and willing to help. Tests got easier.

7/29/10

FAS331

This is easy material that has been covered in lower division classes. She says her powerpoints compliment the textbook, but they mirror it. Pointless to read the book if she lectures from it. Honestly, she lost me when she made a seating chart for the class. We're in college right? Overall, she made the material boring.

More Family Studies professors at Arizona State University