in Arizona State University that teach Family Studies Edit
Patricia Dobratz
Professor in the Family Studies department
at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
are you Patricia Dobratz?

03/03/2014
good
FAS 440 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took the 7.5 week online course and absolutely loved it! I've been wanting to be a Marriage and Family Therapist so this class was extremely helpful and insightful as to what that entails! Her grading was extremely fair, the assignments were easy, and she is very prompt in her responses to students. Very good professor and great class to take!

10/10/2013
good
FAS 440 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was the best online course I've ever taken...the video lectures helped make it interesting.

10/09/2013
good
FAS440 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class was disappointingly not interesting at all. Discussion boards are easy, you have an hour to answer 10 questions on the quiz which is easy, but sometimes the questions are a bit ambiguous. Video lectures had weird, distracting sounds in them. Overall, if you need an FAS credit quickly, take this class. If for interest in topic, DO NOT.

09/16/2013
good
FAS 440 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

We are over half way through this course and I am loving it! Audio lectures and discussions make it interactive and keep my attention.

07/10/2013
good

Ms. Dobratz was really responsive and helpful. I think this class would be better in person, but I liked it overall!

02/20/2013
FAS440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I still can't believe what a complete disappointment this class was. Lecture notes were useless, never came up on exams. Grades are only from discussion boards (ridiculous and confusing) and exams (straight from textbook). She made NO EFFORT to make this class interesting at all, honestly killed all the excitement I had for this subject!

05/26/2011
good
CDE232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Patricia is a really good instructor. There are only four test (drop the lowest) in the semester that counts half of the grade. She gives a lot of extra credit, especially in the test. Go to class every day, she will give announced assignments and maybe extra points. Class is based on 275 total points. I will recommended to all. I got an A!

11/05/2010
good
CDE242 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

(human dev.) Gives lots of examples to help understand everything. Doesn't give much work, which means you HAVE to do good on every assignment & test. tests are consistent. gives breaks since classes are long. tests are pretty much every other week.

08/02/2010
good
FAS331 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought it was nice that she wanted us to sit in the same place to get to know us, even in a class that size. Interesting class, lectures could get dry at times, but I would take a course with her again.

07/31/2010
good

Kept my interest and made the discussions fun and applicable to real life! She was approachable and willing to help. Tests got easier.