in Boston University that teach Chemistry Edit
at Boston University, Boston, MA
are you Bruno Rubio?

02/23/2014
good
CH203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Phenomenal professor. He has a way of making the material in organic chemistry manageable yet fun. He has a really unique way of presenting the material which I still remember to this day. I never opened my textbook because his lecture notes were such a phenomenal resource. This is however a lecture based class. Very visual, invest in a model kit.

01/18/2014
good
CH 203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Rubio was the best professor I have had so far. I never opened the textbook and did really well in his class. He explained things very clearly and his lecture notes were very thorough and understandable. I would study his lecture notes, my notes from class, the practice exams he posted and faired well on his exams. Awesome professor.

11/25/2013
good
CH131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Rubio is the only reason I had a hope at passing chemistry. His discussions are the only helpful part of the course - if anything, go to discussion! He is not particularly friendly and very intimidating, but he is a really great teacher and I learned a lot from him.

11/15/2013
good
CAS 131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Rubio is a great professor. His discussions are understandable, helpful, and were the only things that prepared me for the Chem tests. Definitely go to every one of his discussions.

05/12/2013
good
CH204 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This man is a game changer. He makes organic chemistry worth studying. Take his course and you'll appreciate chemistry.

04/08/2013
good
CH131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Rubio is an amazing professor. He was my discussion leader, pre-lab and lab instructor. His explanation is very clear and. He tries to simplify everything so that students understand easily. He teaches what you need to ace the exams. I recommend him so much. I personally don't like chemistry, but if you do taking the class with him is a big plus.

11/18/2012
good
CH131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is an interesting person. He is funny, not friendly though. He is my discussion leader and my lab instructor, I feel that I learned a lot more from his explanation than from the lecture professor. I would really recommend him.

11/17/2012
good
CH131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Rubio was a fun teacher to have! I personally hate chemistry and he made the discussions and labs bearable because he is such a character. Yes, he is quite intimidating and at times condescending but he is always helpful when people ask questions. Would highly recommend him, I feel I learned a lot from him.

06/25/2012
orgoA1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

hes a good teacher but is VERY intimidating. kinda scary actually and it keeps you from wanting to ask questions cause he makes you feel dumb. also, kinda biased towards his students.

05/14/2012
good
OChemAB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best Organic teacher at BU. His lectures are great, he is a funny guy, his class average is a B, and he has very helpful notes on his website. He made me love organic Chem!