in Bakersfield College that teach Communication Edit
are you Debra Thorson?
B

08/06/2014
good
comm b1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

glad i took this class with mrs thorson, i have PSA!! lol and i have over comed some of my fears thanks to her class. recommend taking this class during summer!!

good
CommB1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

She's so knowledgeable in the subject great at giving a speech. Take her class you will enjoy the class

good
Comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I saved this class for last I don't like public speaking. However I'm glad I took her class I was able to over come that fear and she gives good advice. Mrs Thorson knows the subject well. We received the syllabus as well as a speech schedule which was awesome to know what to expect. Loved this class

good
Comm b1 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B+

Syllabus was emailed to everyone first week and paper copy handed out first day. Last person must not have paid attention. It was a summer class and only 4 weeks long. She helped all of us overcome our fears. Good class.

07/14/2014
COMM B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WASTE OF TIME! I am shocked she has such a good rating. I think some people might be confusing her with her daughter that also teaches at the school. She didn't give us the syllabus until 3 weeks in. She would marked several people absent even if you are there. She would confuse us with her other class and thought she had already told us something.

07/11/2014
good
commb1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took this course over 4 weeks during summer, it was overwhelmingly tough at a few times along the way. Mrs. Thorson makes class very fun and interesting but as others have said, she is very bold but not in a bad way. She turned our class into some great speakers.

07/10/2014
good
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Debra Thorson is extremely knowable, but also helpful, brutally honest, but also funny and down to earth. Definitely happy she was my professor.

07/10/2014
Comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great summer class. Fun and not as hard as I first thought this class would be. Glad I took it during summer.

05/29/2014
good
Public Speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

Mrs. Thorson is very knowledgeable public speaking. Often times her assignments were vague. She is very opinionated, and class would often times turn into a debate class with students who did not agree with her views. I would have liked more focus and practice with public speaking, and less discussion on social issues.

05/20/2014
good
COMM-B1-52 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Thorson is a great teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed her class. She is fair and gives constructive critism. Lots of speeches and lots of work but you will learn a lot.