in Bakersfield College that teach Communication Edit
are you Debra Thorson?
B

08/06/2014
good
comm b1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

glad i took this class with mrs thorson, i have PSA!! lol and i have over comed some of my fears thanks to her class. recommend taking this class during summer!!

good
CommB1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

She's so knowledgeable in the subject great at giving a speech. Take her class you will enjoy the class

good
Comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I saved this class for last I don't like public speaking. However I'm glad I took her class I was able to over come that fear and she gives good advice. Mrs Thorson knows the subject well. We received the syllabus as well as a speech schedule which was awesome to know what to expect. Loved this class

good
Comm b1 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B+

Syllabus was emailed to everyone first week and paper copy handed out first day. Last person must not have paid attention. It was a summer class and only 4 weeks long. She helped all of us overcome our fears. Good class.

07/14/2014
COMM B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WASTE OF TIME! I am shocked she has such a good rating. I think some people might be confusing her with her daughter that also teaches at the school. She didn't give us the syllabus until 3 weeks in. She would marked several people absent even if you are there. She would confuse us with her other class and thought she had already told us something.

07/11/2014
good
commb1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took this course over 4 weeks during summer, it was overwhelmingly tough at a few times along the way. Mrs. Thorson makes class very fun and interesting but as others have said, she is very bold but not in a bad way. She turned our class into some great speakers.

07/10/2014
good
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Debra Thorson is extremely knowable, but also helpful, brutally honest, but also funny and down to earth. Definitely happy she was my professor.

07/10/2014
Comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great summer class. Fun and not as hard as I first thought this class would be. Glad I took it during summer.

05/29/2014
good
Public Speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

Mrs. Thorson is very knowledgeable public speaking. Often times her assignments were vague. She is very opinionated, and class would often times turn into a debate class with students who did not agree with her views. I would have liked more focus and practice with public speaking, and less discussion on social issues.

05/20/2014
good
COMM-B1-52 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Thorson is a great teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed her class. She is fair and gives constructive critism. Lots of speeches and lots of work but you will learn a lot.

05/16/2014
good
COMM-B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Thorson is a great teacher, she really cares about her students development. This class wasn't easy for me, she assigned many speeches, but she makes the class enjoyable. I would recommend taking her classes!

05/15/2014
good
comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Great professor, is very clear of what she expects, she is direct n serious about her class and wants nothing more than you to succeed. Take in her constructive Criticism and u will improve each time.Her grading is more than fair! Great professor!!

good
Comm B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Mrs. Thomson is passionate about what she does. She was very animating and gave excellent constructive criticism. I would take another one of her communication class.

good
comm B-1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Thanks for sharing what you know to all of us on Wednesday evenings!!! we are all better speakers because of you!! You rock!!

good
Comm B1-52 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Thomson was a great teacher and very animating. She kept the class alive and gave excellent constructive criticism as well as examples. Hope to take more Communication classes with her as my teacher.

05/04/2014
good
COMM B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I don't particularly enjoy speaking in public but Ms. Thorson helps alleviate the anxiety. She knows her stuff! She says the more you speak in front of the class the more comfortable you'll be speaking in public. The class requires you to work hard. Be prepared to spend a lot of time preparing for your speeches.

04/30/2014
good
COMM B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

She is good as far as your writing skills is good. She requires you to write the whole speech and she corrects it as English B1A class. I don't recommend her for people who don't need this class for there major. She ask for 7 speech when the others ask only for 4. Otherwise she is good teacher and you will learn a lot.

12/10/2013
good
comm b1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Thorson is a great teacher you will love taking her class and she knows her stuff very well. :)

12/10/2013
good
COMM B1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Thorson is a great teacher she knows her stuff. I learn a lot from her she will give you feed back after you give your speech so you will do better in your next speech. I was very happy taking her class. :)

12/05/2013
good
COMMB1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although I do not agree with some of her (strong) political comments, she is an AMAZING professor. Her experience, stories, examples all enrich the classroom. She gives you EVERY chance possible to excel and is very helpful. Great sense of humor too!