in Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses) that teach Biology Edit
B+

08/09/2014
good
Bio 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hankyel Park. He took an interest in every single student in the class and would not just present the information but would actually teach you how to learn it. If you Google his name you will see a whole list of achievements. For him to teach at NVCC shows how much he really cares. Best. Professor. Ever.

04/25/2014
good
BIO 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I really enjoyed this course and Dr. Park is a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the material. going to class made it so that I never even had to crack my textbook. I would definitely recommend this professor. He spends too much time giving study tips, but if you are poor student he will work hard to make sure that you don't fail!

12/05/2013
good
BIO 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's an amazing professor. I enjoyed his class b/c of the unique way he teaches Microbiology. he makes topics that may seem abstract, very perceptible. He very well conveys his excitement about the material & connects topics to real life experiences, making them easy to understand & remember. I wish all teachers were this passionate about their job

11/04/2013
good
BIO 203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I've ever had. Made the trip to school (two buses and a train in the winter) worth it. Told us exactly what to study, was always clear, answered questions as many times as I needed, and cared about my grade, would give us participation points to help our grade be higher if needed (a 78 could be bumped to an 80). Great guy!

08/23/2013
good
bio 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I came from the poorest high school. My background in science and math is not that much. But Dr. Park helped me understand biology easy way to study. He really cares for any students not only the A ones. His motivation is great.I wish I had him in high school. It is hard to compete with students who came from good school.But Dr. Park made it easy.

06/16/2013
good
Bi 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Park is one of best teachers I I,ve had. His lectures are well organized and he makes them interesting . His expectations are clear and fair and he is always available to guide you threw . He is knowledgeable and really wants his students to do well in his class. I wouldrecommend him to anyone

05/18/2013
good
BIO 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lecture: Hardworking,friendly, generallyinterested in class materials,VERY organized lectures andstudyguides. Expects students to memorize and holistically understand explicitly pin pointed material from pp slides.Study from given guides and only use text for clarification of ambiguous points.Overall,not as in depth as expected,easy A.

05/10/2013
good
Bio 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Park is just AWESOOOOOOOOME ... He truly cares for the students. He is always on time and very organize. I love his sense of humor and how friendly he is with his students. If you are taking his class, try to understand the material and not just memorizing it. Study guides are very helpful. He is one of the BEST...

good
Bio 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the greatest professor I have ever had. He made the subject really easy to understand.

good

He is the best teacher at NOVA. I used to hate biology, he made it really interesting for me. I wish he was teaching all science classes.

good

Wonderful instructor...highly recommended! His lectures are detailed and interesting, and what he lectures about very nicely correlates with the material in the textbook. Just keeping up with the reading and studying notes will earn you an A. :)

12/20/2012
good
BIO205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Park was a great professor! I took his class while working full time and he made the material manageable, easy to understand, and interesting. He truly wants all of his students to do well and it comes across in his teaching. I would highly recommend him!

12/19/2012
good
bio205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is very straight forward. Listen to him and study the material he teaches you. Truly one of the best teachers ever :)

12/17/2012
good

I loved this professor! BEST MICRO teacher! I took 205 with professor park during Fall 2012 semester. One of the reasons why I respect him so much is cause he actually teaches you HOW to study the material. He has such passion for the material and he genuinely wants to teach this to his students. He provides a very helpful Study guide. He was great

12/17/2012
good
Micro205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Park was the best microbiology professor I've had in college. The course is hard but if you study the power point, read the text book and ask him questions to clarify you can get an A in the class. But you do have to study since some of the multiple choices questions are tricky but in a good way (as long as you studied you'll get it right).

07/13/2012
good
BIO205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Park is one of best teachers I have ever had. His lectures are organized and he makes them interesting too. His expectations are clear and fair and he is always available for extra help. He is incredibly knowledgeable and really wants his students to do well in his class. If you have the chance to take his class, definitely do it!

07/02/2012
good
Bio205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Mictobiology over the summer for 6 weeks. That is really what made it hard. However, I wouldn't have asked for a better professor. Prof. Park WANTS to help and is so passionate. I didn't use the book but thankfully his powerpoints and lectures were really helpful as long as you COME to CLASS! Great teacher.

07/01/2012
good
BIO205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Microbiology is a hard subject and it needs more time to study, I took it in summer and it was hard, but Dr.Park made it possible to pass the class. I like his jokes related to specific topic we were learning, it makes not to forget things easily. so wonderful teacher??

06/09/2012
good
BIOL205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Park is an amazing teacher. He cares very much about his students, and wants them to do well both in his class and beyond his class. He is clear about what is on his exams, and he is very lenient with lab grades. He is very approachable, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Go to class and study the study guide to do well.

05/10/2012
good
Bio205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

God Bless Dr Park. He is one of the nicest professor I've ever had. He is funny too. It is obvious that he loves teaching because he cares about student's learning even outside of his class.