Jill Acree at College of Southern Nevada

Jill Acree

Number of ratings 45 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

6/6/14

HIST 101

Do the work, you'll do well. Be lazy or expect a gut course, you'll get the low grade you deserve.

4/30/14

HIST 102

This is not a history class, it's an English composition class. This is for you if you like writing. You'll get lots of essay assignments & quizzes. She is very cut, dry, and has high standards. This class will discourage you big time if you're not really good at her class. Trust me, I am very competitive and not LAZY!

4/4/14

hist 209

Grade ReceivedB+

Booooo, I don't recommend her. She is extremely annul about grammar and "proper modern English". Every other week two quizzes on two chapters and s really time consuming essay/discussion post/not fun stuff. I don't even feel like I'm learning, just trying to keep up. NOT recommend if you have other classes!

4/2/14

Hist 101

Prof Acree is the best--she is a consummate intellectual and really knows her history! The negative comments about her on RMP are from the too many lazy-assed students who should simply quit school and work in food service where their grandiose, self-inflated anti-intellectual attitudes will go far. Prof Acree is the best!

1/6/14

History 101

I'm not sure how her rating went up to a 2.5. When I last checked she was at a 1.5. This was a very difficult class. I do not recommend and all of those who have responded negatively I agree with you. When being graded you can see the class scores and medians. I barely got my "A" and really had to work. the avg. grade was a "D". Do not take!

12/19/13

HIST 101

Tough teacher to take but her lectures are THE BEST; explains concepts & events very well. Textbook & supplementary reading are absolute musts, she assigns discussion/participation grades on them. Lots of essays & scant multiple choice quizzes; you HAVE to be on your game. Wish I did better in her class, late assignments were my grade's downfall.

12/10/13

HIST 106

Had assignments that were art history related, not western civilization related. No rhyme or reason to her grading, and will not provide an answer when asked about specifics of why a grade was received. I would recommend avoiding this professor, as chances are that you will not like the outcome.

12/10/13

HIST 106

Being a fan of history I thought this would be a great class. I was very wrong. The professor, when asked a question did nothing to answer the question asked, only answered in generalities. Tests were the worst I've ever taken. Written in a very convoluted manner and multiple answers fit the question.

11/11/13

hist 102

This teacher was really upsetting to me. This is a very demanding online class with two quizzes and an essay due every two weeks.Her grading on the quizzes was very tough and then she does not give comments on why she graded the way she did. Also the way she words questions on the quizzes is super confusing. Do not take this class!

10/25/13

hist 101

She is very hard and not helpful. Ask her a question and she will not give accurate answers. She tell you to figure it out. Avoid her class. Her grading on the essays are hard. I rate her 1. She should change her demeanor and be more flexible with the students. We pay for these classes and we expect a teacher to have respect and teaching skills.

10/23/13

HIST 101

Just finished this eight week online class and was able to pull a B...I'm an A student. The work was within reason however; this instructor's grading practices are ridiculously harsh and unfair. Miss Acree, you teach at CSN not ivy league. Get over it! Avoid this class at all cost. Not because of the work but because grading is unfair.

7/16/13

HIST 101

this instructor is horrible. i am a straight A student and this will be my first c ever! i have studied much harder classes like a&p and she makes it impossible to pass. every time i wrote a paper she said i needed to proofread. when i had and had it looked over by the writing department... she grades harshly and gives vague instructions.

7/15/13

HIST 101

Avoid her classes at all costs - especially online. Her grading scale is extremely harsh and unforgiving, yet she never gives any clear instructions on what she wants on the assignments besides "do the work" and fails to give feedback on completed assignments. I scraped by with a B but this was by far the worst class and professor I've ever had.

5/16/13

HIST 102

She is the type of educator that I've wanted since I started college. Her primary focus is not getting you through the class, but making sure you learn and understand the material. You have to read the textbook. You have to write an essay every two weeks. But she is fair in her grading and clear on what she wants. Overall fantastic class.

12/15/12

HIST101

A lot of people seem to want a no-brainer class. I had to work hard. I got a lower grade then I wanted. But the professor was fair and did her job. If the other students did their jobs as well as she did hers, they would of done better.

12/12/12

Hist111

This was the hardest online course I'd ever taken at CSN. I can honestly say I earned my grade of B. Stay away if you want an easy class. If you take this course, be prepared to manage your time well as you will actually have to read the textbooks and be able to articulate the concepts in your own words.

11/15/12

His3007

The worst teacher I have had! She is very degrading. Does not present material in an understanding manner. Her tests are impossible to pass! Never can meet her standards. Not a 101 class.

7/9/12

hishist

Very difficult, do not take online. Very demanding and irrelevant topics.

7/2/12

HIST101

The person who wants to keep his or her 4.0 really must love easy classes. Acree is tough, yes, but it's college and her requirements are like anybody elses.

6/29/12

HIST101

So when I look at these ratings I usually assume that the student are lazy and scores the teacher low this teacher grades hard the questions for the quizzes set you up for failure and she knows it She took pride that her % of students are at a 69%AVERAGE the class is close to failure Grades hard Avoid taking my 4.0 will go down cause of her class

More History professors at College of Southern Nevada