in Florida State College at Jacksonville that teach Mathematics Edit
Timothy Brown
at Florida State College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
are you Timothy Brown?

05/16/2014
mat0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

he is very rude and he under minds everything you say when you ask for help he never explains clearly. Some are not meant to teach and he is one

05/07/2014
good
Mat1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am glad I didn't know about RMP b4 I took this class bc Mr. Brown was uber helpful and interested in his student's success. Personally I found him hard to grasp. I mean the way he explained things only confused me. BUT I stayed about 4 weeks ahead of the class by using the multimedia tools in the book, so no harm done. He is a great teacher, tho.

12/13/2013
good
MAT0028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Professor Brown responds to emails and calls quicker than any teacher I've had. He is always willing to help, and makes things easy to understand. He is just AWESOME!!! I honestly don't get why he have such bad ratings on here. #Easy "A"

12/13/2013
good
MAT0028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

After seeing such bad ratings, I went in expecting the worst. However, Professor Brown is a GREAT teacher! He makes things as simple as possible, plus helps you catch up if you fall behind. If you take his class serious, there is no way you can't get an A. I loved his class so much that I am taking him as my next math level :)

12/11/2013
MAC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a nice proffesor, ut it is hard to understand hi, and the course was in a computer so it made it a lt harder. So much material, I got an A, but it worked really hard for it. There were about 30 stdets, and 75% of the class dropped it in the first month. He helps you whenusk for it, but it was hard.

05/15/2013
good
MAT1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you're coming straight from elem. alg. you should be fine, if you're like me and haven't had math in years, an A is def. possible but you have to be willing to work. He will explain the same problem until you get it. All homework posted at the beg. of the session but unable to continue until you pass tests. All in all not a bad teacher.

04/23/2013
MAT028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I wished i took this whole class online, every time i attended class i got further and further behind. Mr.Brown is a sorry excuse for a teacher and has zero people skills

05/23/2012
mathA16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Class is easy to pass with at least a B but the teacher was simply annoying and sarcastic. He makes things much more complicated than they need to be. I d not reccommend this class at all.

05/13/2012
good
MAT0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Some of the comments below are opinions so I won't comment on them, but in MY OPINION Mr. Brown is a great professor. He doesn't take foolishness very well so if you just shout out an answer that you took no time to think about then he will give you that look and he following words might seem belittling but he was one of my favorite professors.

03/09/2012
good
MAT1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Brown is not an easy professor to deal with or get help from, but he does want to make sure you learn. He lets your leave class early if you are ahead of schedule all assignments are posted prior to the class even starting. I did enjoy his class and his sarcastic humor. If you're trying to learn he will help you in my opinion.

12/14/2011
Mat0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I didnt get a clear understanding of his class

12/13/2011
good
MAT0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Brown has a unique teaching style. In his lectures he teaches the problem solving process step by step and provides downloadable notes from his lectures. He allows you two tries on each test to give you the opportunity to get the highest grade possible. He is a little sarcastic, but his pros far outweigh his cons.

10/24/2011
MAT0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The worse teacher ever. DO NOT take his class.

10/13/2011

He treats the class we in high school. He talks to you like your slow. We pay for these classes not him.

06/19/2011
mat0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

he was the worst teacher. always gave work neva explained it. he shows no interest in helping others. he ask as though we should be ashamed to be in low level math class. he only grades test. no homework or nothing!!!

05/10/2011
mathbasi Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He seemed distant and unfeeling. I felt uncomfortable asking for help.He even yelled at me once for not understanding a concept in math.He seemed ill fitted for teaching even though he knew the material well.I got an A but with little help from him.If I hadn't been able to work independently I would have failed.

04/21/2011
MAC1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

WORST TEACHER EVER!!! Run away as fast as you can...very Sarcastic when teaching and asking questions.

01/12/2011
mac0002 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Mr Brown explains things well but he has an agressive tone when he talks to people.

12/26/2010
truth5115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Brown is not a good teacher. Some people, even though they gets their degree in teaching, doesn't mean they are suppose to teach; he he is not suppose to teach. I would not recommend getting his class; it would be a waste of time, but don't take my words for it, check it out for yourself.