Maria Schofer at Kennesaw State University

Number of ratings 21 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

6/12/14

Eng1101

Grade ReceivedA-

Absolutely the best professor I have ever had, as long as you write your papers,turn them in on time,and express a strong opinion in them she will give you a good grade, as long as you are clear and your grammar is correct, got an A in her class, amazing teacher

9/23/13

ENG1101

Professor Schofer was the best English teacher I've ever had. Kept class simple and clear and assigned 4 easy papers that she allowed us to peer review. She knows everyone's names and if you speak up in class and stay involved she will help you get the grade you need. Fair grader and very understanding.

9/23/13

7/16/13

ENGL1101

Loved her! Her passion for writing is contagious, but if you won't work for your grade to improve your writing, this is the wrong class for you. She is very approachable and crystal clear with her suggestions of what can help your writing. She uses drafting days so you can complete most of your work in class! Extra credit for 100% attendance.

6/28/13

ENG 1101- 12

Professor Schofer is a very fair teacher who strives to have her students do well. She is always pushing you to become a better writer, but more than willing to take the time to explain things and get you to that next level of writing. This class is not the most difficult but you need to stay on top of assignments. She even allows some extra credit

5/19/13

ENGL 1101

There are no tests in this class, and your papers are a strong percent. Even if English isn't your strong point, you still have a good chance to do well. She's always more happy to review your work with you. If you do the couple of homework assignments and come to class she will work with you to help you succeed. Textbooks are definitely required.

5/10/13

ENG1101

She is a very passionate teacher. That's number one. If you want to actually learn something and become prepared for writing in college CORRECTLY, then you're taking the right class with her. If you are still in a high school mindset and prefer a teacher who will slide you along without actually getting an education, then you're taking the wrong teacher and should probably not be in college. Go work at mcDonalds and leave the degrees to the people who take it seriously. Great teacher! Loved her!

5/6/13

Eng 1101

Great teacher!Do your work and you will make the grade!Be lazy then you will complain about her.She is so nice and gives us all the support and opportunity to learn and make good grades.10 OUT OF 10.....

5/6/13

eng 1101

Great teacher!she does an awesome job at making sure we all understood what she was teaching.Prof. Schofer falls nothing shot of the best English teachers i have ever had.I wish i could have her again for my eng.1102.I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking to take eng.1101. Fastest grader on campus too.Thanks Prof Schofer!!

4/22/13

Well I took her my freshman year, I am a Junior now. She is very rude and unclear about assignments. Every essay I wrote was never good enough. I just did not like her at all. That aside, she wasnt even a good teacher.

6/7/12

ENGL1102

She is a good professor. The class is not easy, but because of that I have become a way better writer. She gives interesting topics to write about. She wants you to succeed and is VERY passionate about writing. I recommend her.

5/23/12

ENGL1102

Prof. Schofer was a nice lady but definitely a hard grader. It seemed like nothing could please her. I never made above a C on any of the essay assignments and I opted out of 1101 with an AP test score. So I knew I wasn't just a terrible writer. She doesn't give many assignments but when she does she does not clearly explain what she wants.

5/9/12

ENGL1102

Mrs. Schofer was nice enough, but came off as condescending sometimes. Easy enough class, most people should make A's and B's. Rounds your final average up a point (89 up to 90, etc.)

12/14/11

Eng1101

Easy B!! Just come to class and turn in stuff on time. She lets you re-do one of the essays. I was really having trouble & asked if I could re-do another essay I got a C- and she let me! Tough grader but she works to help you both in class and outside of class thru emails. She seems to care about the class.

5/7/11

Engl1101

Comes off as rude and condescending, but in reality is much nicer than she acts. You just have to show her than you are willing to work for a good grade. If you do, she will be more than willing to help you. I think she probably bumped some of my grades up just because I showed that I was putting forth some effort. Just show her that youre trying.

5/5/11

eng1101

I love,love Prof.Schofer.She is CRYSTAL clear on assignments.I made an "A" in the class with something called effort.This is college people and you should choose essay topics that haven't been beaten to death. BE CREATIVE!she truly cares about her students.her grading system is more than fair.You get the grade you earn, its college!

5/5/11

ENG1101

I love, love, love Prof. Schofer! she is crystal clear about assignments. Do not pick a topic that has been beaten to death. Its college people, think a little outside of the box! I received an "A" in the class by putting forth some effort and creativity. She truly cares about her students! I highly recommend her! remember you EARN your grades!

5/4/11

comp1

unable to articulate what she wants. does not tech you anything and talks to you as if you were 8 years old

4/8/11

ENGL1101

Not helpful. Knows what she wants from your papers but doesn't clearly tell you. If you pick a topic she isn't interested in say goodbye to your grade. Treats class as though still in middle school but holds way to high of expectations for a 1101 class.

4/2/11

ENGL1101

She can be very rude, critical and condescending.She speaks to the class as if we're children.When reviewing your work or asking her a question, she criticizes and makes rude comments about it out loud, for the ENTIRE class to hear.Grades papers pretty hard, and most of the class had no idea what she was looking for.I got an A,but I'm not sure how.

More English professors at Kennesaw State University