Arthur Difuria at Savannah College of Art and Design

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

6/17/14

ARTH110

Grade ReceivedB

My previous experience with Art History at SCAD Survey I was very negative. But Difuria somehow tricked me into caring about the past and now I know it is important for the present. Difuria! You mad man!

1/30/14

ARTH 463

This class is unbelievable so far. He knows so much. Im intimidated. But that's not cuz he's rude, he's not. You will learn more about how amazing prints are than you ever thought.

1/18/14

ARTH 463

Grade ReceivedB

Class was engaging and full of discussions. Just about everyone got involved which was nice, but what I disliked about this class was the way he commented on assignments. He would start off his critique with making rude comments that are more hurtful then helpful, then tell you what needs to be fixed. Its uncalled for.

9/11/13

ARTH 100

Arthur DiFuria was an incredible teacher. He has a phenomenal vocabulary and the way that he talks is very engaging. The tests are very easy as long as you do the homework and reading. He is a very helpful, understanding, and sometimes goofy teacher. I cannot express enough love for him!

7/29/13

ARTH 110

Awesome professor. Very good person. A lot of integrity here.

6/29/13

Arth 110

Organized, professional, flexible, and very funny. I learned a LOT from him. he even went to the trouble to re-organize the class when the students wrre having trouble. Also met with me because I got a C on the mid term, just to see how I would change my approach.

6/18/13

ARTH209

He a good teacher! Comment that he "demeaned us" is not true! Class was hard, but always fun and filled of knowledge! Take his class! He is very helpful!

6/17/13

ARTH 209

He worked us very hard. You must take notes. He is funny. He is knowledgleable, too.

6/17/13

ARTH 209

He works you very hard and insists on a high level. I was glad. The class was full of slackers and he gave them no quarter. More professors at SCAD should be like that.

3/15/13

ARTH-380

I took this class to fill an ARTH elective. He is nice, but he is somewhat picky and I found him unhelpful even when I asked for help on understanding things. There are very few assignments in this class which is nice. His lectures are kind of everywhere though. You will HAVE to be a good note taker. And reading the book is essential.

2/22/13

ARTH100

You get better grades if you read what he assigns from the textbooks. (and he doesn't assign a lot) I suggest bringing a laptop to class if you're quicker typing than writing because sometimes his info comes out a little too quick. Difficulty of tests vary. Some are easy and others almost everyone fails.

11/23/12

ARTH100

Art Difuria was an amazing professor! I learned so much from him and had fun doing it. He made art history an interesting subject. I would take another one of his classes in a heart beat!

10/10/12

ARTH100

I have never had more eloquently spoken professor, nor one with more of an ability to inspire you about a subject. He studies the esoteric values in pieces of art, as opposed to simply memorizing dates and names. I would take him again in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

9/28/11

ARTH100

He's a really funny and cool guy. His class was pretty easy overall; half his tests were memorization and the other half were online with half a week to do them (but still fairly difficult), plus two small writing assignments and a group project. Take him :)

6/8/11

Arth100

I LOVE Art. he is very funny and interested in you and what you have to say. He loves teaching and as long as you pay attention and try he is awesome. He still says Hi and talks to me in the hall and i would take his class again in a heart beat

6/5/11

HIST101

This dude is awesome, and a great professor. he's easy to listen to, and very helpful. The online tests are kind of hard, but you can collaborate with fellow students, and if you pay attention in class they're no problem. I got an A in the class with three absences.

4/5/11

ARTH100

This professor is fantastic if you truly want to learn about art history. His tests are extremely hard, even though half of it is online. I studied for hours but never got an A. He's very nice and funny, and he makes a dull subject pretty interesting. He's also always there to help you with anything. Hard class, but I definitely learned a lot.

3/16/11

Surv101

Great professor.

10/13/10

ARTH100

Best teacher, EVER! He doesn't believe that tests should be timed, so all of your tests are 1/2 collaborative that you have 3-4 days to work on. The other half of your test is 10 slides! He makes art history so much fun to learn! He's really funny. It was not stressful at all. Don't need the text, just take good notes! Not an easy A, but not hard.

More Art History professors at Savannah College of Art and Design