in Columbia College that teach Social Science Edit
B+
1.6

07/05/2014
good
PolySci 14 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

Amazing Professor. I came into the class as a prior Withdrawl Fail student from a previous class, because I couldn't cut it. I failed twice in the semester, and he gave me opportunities to succeed. He showed me what kind of power each of us has, in and outside of the classroom. Simply amazing.

05/12/2014
PolSci10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

I agree that this class is hard; however, going into this class I knew nothing and leaving this class I felt as though I knew everything there was to know about Political Science. He is an amazing teacher if you're willing to put in the effort. There are mandatory office hours, you have to read, and you must be in class for class discussion.

04/29/2012
good
GEOGR15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is not a 3 unit class. Based on the amount of work required (including mandatory office time, 16 outlines, 4 papers, & 15 map projects - all homework), this is an 8 unit class minimum; typical for all of his classes! They are hard & intensive. Be prepared to be overloaded from the start, but be prepared to learn. He is smart & you will learn!

11/22/2011
good
Cphil1756 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the most inspiring, helpful and challenging teachers I have ever had; and he has an adorable smile! Don't take his classes if you are not looking for a challenge; do take his classes if you truly want to learn.

10/08/2011
good
SSHist Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

An inspirational & devoted instructor. He motivated me to pursue History as a major, & to eventually earn a Ph.D. He demands much, but provides broad shoulders to help you reach your goals.

02/09/2011
Hist17 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I think Ted is very dogmatic, and that his expectations are unreasonably high for the units given. If you are unsure of yourself and want to put yourself under pressure to see what you are made of, then a class with him may give you that. If however, you are confident in who you are and what your abilities are, you would be able to accomplish the s

12/13/2010
good
Geo12 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I have ever had!!! Make an offic hour appt. your first day of class. Print his syllabus out online before the class starts.You will never learn so much in your life. But make sure you have time for the class because it is very time consuming.

01/27/2010
hist16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I did not like his class, it fel;t very russhed, didnt seem to really have a lesson plan, he makes things wayyy to complicated. College level corse my bu, he just likes to be confusing.

08/03/2009
geogr15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

very ambiguous at first and throughout, VERY time consuming class, don't take it if you have a full course load and a job, if you do take this class DON'T PROCRATINATE, start work immediately

11/12/2008
good
HIST16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am at an elite graduate school kicking butt because I was taught so well by both Ted and Paula. Enough said.

09/05/2008
good
GEOGPHYS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ted's classes are incredibly rigorous, but the more you use his suggested techniques and office hours, the better you will do. It's empowering succeed in his class, but once you have had this type of instruction, other professors tend to fall short of your expectations. Highly recommend to motivated students or as trial by fire for the rest.

03/20/2008
good
AllClas Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you wish to learn how to perform at high levels beyond the CC level, take any course from him. I am a Ph.D candidate who has not had a teacher who knew as much and helped as much since Ted's courses. I use his techniques daily and with great success. Stay on the ball though, this is not the class to be a fly on the wall...you will work!

08/16/2007
good
Histall Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Teaching style is amazing. Very straightfoward: 1/3 texts, 1/3 class discussion, 1/3 notes for all the outlines and papers. Be sure to take advantage of office hours and do NOT procrastinate. If you are looking to actively learn and walk away from class with something meaningful, I'd suggest this professor, especially for history majors.

07/13/2007
good
GEOG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm a doctoral candidate and had prof. Hamilton back during his days at Modesto JC. Even after U.C. and U. of Illinois, he's easily one of the 3 best professors I have EVER had. Take anything you can from him, you won't regret it!

06/06/2007
good
Econ115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I would recommend Ted to anyone wishing to learn how to study at the upper division level. He will prepare you for any course anywhere in the college world.

04/10/2007
good
CG1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Several classes with Mr. Hamilton when he was teaching at Modesto JC. Now, years later with 2 BS degrees under my belt, I hereby declare Mr. Hamilton as one of the finest instructors I have ever interacted with. I wish there were more instructors of his abilities in classrooms of all grade levels.

02/21/2007
good
POLSC12 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher. Very intersting. One of the only classes that I have ever looked forward to going to. A little more clarity on the outlines for new students would be nice.

02/12/2007
good
Poli1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was probably the best class I have ever taken. It was a poli thought class. Although it was the best class, it was also the hardest. But Ted gave us the tools to do well, and it was up to us to use them. If you are looking for an interactive, thought provoking, challenging class...then take a class with Ted.

11/27/2006
good
Hist16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

For everybody who wishes to get there education via osmosis then this instructor is NOT for you. If you would rather take a pill to get your education, this is not the instructor for you. If you actually wish to think for yourself, develope efficient study habits, and desire to change yourself for the better, then take this instructor.

10/25/2006
Econ222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

His class is ridiciously hard for a junior college and expects way too much from his students. Did not like him or his wife Clark and dropped both of their classes after 2 weeks. They do not make the concepts clear at all and not helpful at all. Take Johnson instead