Andrea McDonald at Houston Community College (all campuses)

Andrea McDonald

Number of ratings 20 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/14/14

Biol 1322

Very Very unorganized. If you have a problem or question about something that she is doing keep it to yourself cause she hardly ever responds. READ your syllabus and even then she may not go by it. We were supposed to have ex credit pts but she never opened the quizzes when I asked her about it she didnt respond. So take her with caution.

2/1/14

Biol 1322

This lady is so unorganized!I can't tell you how many emails I've sent to her because exams could not be accessed.She takes for ever to respond to emails.Just make sure you keep up with dates because she had us take two exams in the same week!But its a 9wk course so you get an exam every week. The bright side if you get the book, you get an easy A

8/14/13

biol 1322

As you know online class you must do all the work. I find the class very helpful, especially with the discussions about protein. I did not find the class unorganized. Everything was right there. The only thing you MUST keep up with due dates. Read the book.

8/14/13

Open

As online class goes....read and do your part. Some of us are not ready for college. The instructor do her part. I was well prepared for the class, I learned so much. She reply to all my emails. Just take her class and learned about nutrition. Do all the assignments and you will make an A. Take it from me.

8/13/13

Nutrition

VERY UNORGANIZED!! poor communication, not willing to help, instructions are very unclear if you email her for clarification her response "what is requested of you" i was very dissapointed. on the other hand if you are organized and apply yourself to the material, it is an easy class. made an A. YOU WILL BE SOLO ON THIS ONE! but it is managable.

8/13/13

Open

I took this class during second summer. I can truly say you must read the book. Some of my classmates were disappointed because they did not read and follow instruction. She is one of the best online instructor. I would recommend her to anyone. Just read and do the assignments, eventually you will make "A"

8/12/13

BIOL 1322

Take her at your own risk! Her class was easy... 8 test, 1 midterm, 1 final ... 3 activities, 2 discussions, and 1 case study. She made LOTS Of mistakes on her tests such as no question w/answers or misspelling... she does NOT answer emails (took 2 wks to answer mine and then didnt even care to respond to my last email since it was end of course)

8/10/13

NUTRITION

This teacher is the worst !!!! She does not want to help students, her website is a MESS!! she uploads assignments that students are NOT supposed to do, and makes everyone confused. he philosophy is that you as a student you should READ ! she is right, but what a bout as a teacher responsibility? like replying emails and HELPing to success???

8/2/13

nutr 1322

Open

For those of you wanting to know the TRUTH about her. I took her online, she was pretty easy! Just do the work and you will get a good grade! There were about 5 quizzes, 2 test, and a diary of some sort. Also a few discussions if you take her online. NOW her downfalls is that she's VERY UNORGANIZED, and DOESNT RESPOND to emails. Overall I recommend

7/10/13

Biol 1322

I took the summer course(8 wk). She really wants to help you. "USE the Book"

3/6/13

BIO 1322

As online classes go - she is ahead of the game. You study take some quizzes/exams (2 attempts)perform some activities and you will do fine. The only "bad thing" is the final is more difficult than what was expected. Overall good experience.

12/28/12

bio1322

She is a nice instructor. She explain all the materials very clearly despite she has an accent. I made an A in the class. I would encourage anyone to take her class.

12/17/12

Biol1322

Very nice instructor, but all over the place and very unorganized. She claims to be there for assistance, but she wasn't helpful. I'm just glad it's over.

12/3/12

Bio1322

This class is easy, but the downfall is that she is unorganized and doesn't put the dates of the quizzes correctly by semester. You have to do all the quizzes and the food diary and the group project, also due the extra credit. She is a mess says thing over and over and forgets what she says. Her one test was dumb.

6/3/12

BIOL1322

This is class you want to take. A lot of infomation that make sense. Very nice insturctor. Since, I completed this class I alway read the food label.

12/7/11

nutri1322

This professor is one of the best in biology ,she doesn't make her students feel as if their beneath her ,she's honest whatever she say's is going to be on her exam that's what u need to study.No trickery;I've recommended her to other students.

11/30/11

Biol1322

I learned more than what I expected.The class was not eazy, but once you completed the assignments and work given in class you will make an A. She is very passionate about nutrition.

10/26/11

BIOL1322

Her first year teaching at HCC (Southeast.) She is a pretty good at knowing her stuff. In order to pass you have to have the book, read it, and complete the assignments. There are several quizzes. A project Diary, you need to complete. She gives you plenty of opportunities to bring your average up before the end of the semester.

4/1/11

biol1322

Took her for nutrition and got an A but almost a B. You NEED the book. Study. 1 project which is a food diary and its easy. Shes a new teacher so cut her some slack. She really tries.

4/1/11

Nutri1322

Shes a new teacher to HCC and I gotta say, she tries. I made an A but I was about to get a B in her class. I thought this class was going to be easy breezy but I actually had to study! grr. 1 project which is a food dairy. easy.

More Biology professors at Houston Community College (all campuses)