Dawn Drumtra at University of North Georgia - Gainesville

Dawn Drumtra

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/6/14

BIOL 1102

Don't know what these ppl are talking about. First 2 tests=low B's, last 3= high A's. Need the book, also MasteringBiology card. DO REALLY GOOD ON ALL HW, IT WILL HELP YOUR GRADE SO MUCH! 6 exams, 5 hw assignments. Hw is 80 pts each! Extra credit on every test. Final is SUPER EASY. Nice lady, loves Science. I'm a Bus Major, got an A. Don't stress.

1/12/14

BIOL 1107

Not the easiest teacher. This class will take up a majority of your time. She goes through material quickly and does not make her tests easy. She uses Mastering Biology and takes attendance but does not give extra credit for it. The one major assignment given is a lab report. In lab there are weekly assignments due on Turn It In and in class.

4/29/13

BIOL 1107

Dr. Drumtra is a really great teacher!! The first class will feel bland, but it gets much more interesting! You *need* to attend every class, she goes over the material fairly quickly (plus you get extra credit for attendance). The tests are hard, but she does her best to prepare you. And you have to study A LOT!!

4/29/13

BIOL 1102

She takes her classes very serious, and expects you to know a lot of material prior to signing up. She wants the best for her students, but is not the best at answering questions and clarifying material. You need to keep up with the studying and notes or you will fall behind. All of her test are multiple choice with a cumulative final.

1/10/13

BIOL1102

One tough cookie! She is clear and very helpful! But you better show up to class and you better study! I studied for hours and still barely passed! Lab was fun but a lot of work! Seriously, if you are looking for an easy professor, she is not it! But she is a great teacher.....so you decide!

12/6/12

Bio1107

Prof. Drumtra is an awesome teacher! Had her for lab also! Smart & very knowledagble, always offers help. After taking her classes I changed my major to bio. Classes are super fast paced but she is always organized & efficient. Grades are promtply returned. Her tests are extremely difficult unless you go to lecture & know the info backward/forward.

12/3/12

Biolo1107

Professor Drumtra is the BEST! She is super smart and helps out the best that she can. She knows her stuff and if you state that she's not she is!!! The class is hard but if you study and pay attention to her guides, you will pass the class. I recommend her.

10/24/12

BIO1107

She is very intelliegent she knows the material. Her tests are really hard. You REALLY have to study for her tests. You get extra credit if you go to every lecture.

5/29/12

BIOL1102

Wow - had her for lab. She is a hard grader. By the third assignment, I realized she was verbally giving us the answers to the homework assignments the week before they were due!! All I had to do was listen and take good notes. After that I did great! Oh, she takes off for grammar and spelling.

5/8/12

bioeco

Very Professional and skilled at teaching the material. Studing is required, but an easy class when effort is applied.

4/17/12

BIOL1102

I had her for lab and she is awful half the time and alright the other half. Her grading is just so inconsistent and when she grades a written out response, she won't provide a reason for taking points off. She'll take off points for wrong reasons and then not give them back when you show she graded wrong. Don't take her.

20063929
12/7/11

BIOL1102

She makes everything very simple to understand in class. You think you understand it, and then you get the test and its like a scientist wrote it. I studied almost everyday and received all C's on her tests. Nice woman, very helpful, but her class is ridiculous.

12/5/11

biol1102

Absolutely great professor. I was terrible in science and never enjoyed it in high school so I've really put this course off for a long time. Anybody who doesn't do well is simply lazy and not paying attention. Come to class, do a little studying, and you're good to go.

11/9/11

BIOLLLab

I had Drumtra for lab, and although I ended up with a 90, I wouldn't take her again. Go for Hyslop! Drumtra took every opportunity she could to penalize me and she grades kinda harshly. The only plus is a good bit of extra credit. If you miss a class your grade automatically drops a letter grade. Yes, an entire letter grade. Ridiculous!

4/5/11

BIOL1102

Very good teacher! A lot of work especially in lab but very interesting and helpful!

3/23/11

biol1102

Great Teacher!

1/6/11

ecol1101

Mrs. Drumtra is amazing. I really enjoyed her class. I would encourage students to take her. Even though I am a nursing major this was my favorite class. Good Job Mrs. Drumtra

12/28/10

BIOL1102

She gives you access to all her lecture slides. This is all she uses for lectures and exams. Doesn't us the book at all. Exams are her only grade so make sure you study the powerpoints and you should be fine.

4/30/10

BIOL1102

Continued... After her help, I realize I would have been fine had I attended lecture. You MUST attend lecture and take alot of notes if you want to pass this class. I think that the people on here that are giving her poor quality more than likely did not attend every lecture or take notes bc everything she says is on exams. Ask for help people!!!!

4/30/10

BIOL1102

When I first started in Drumtra's class I didn't do so well b/c attendance wasn't necesssary so I didn't come. I got 2 D's and a C on the first three exams and was very frustrated. So I emailed her and she was willing to dedicate her time that she could spend at home to give me extra help. I got 100 plus's on the last 3 exams, including the final.

More Biology professors at University of North Georgia - Gainesville