in Reading Area Community College that teach Anthropology Edit
at Reading Area Community College, Reading, PA
are you Pamela Blakely?

09/18/2014
good
psy120 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again"

Awesome sauce Did review for every test. She gets off subject but great teacher very engaging. Took this class from 6pm to 830pm and kept my attention.

08/08/2014
good
ANT140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She's very friendly and willing to help if you put in the effort. She gives assignments to be done so don't do them all at once. Attend her classes and pay attention.

01/12/2013
ANT140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

2/3 her own voice. Not only does she go on these tangents, completely unrelated to the course material, but she repeatedly asks questions about herself on tests as if she's the next Dian Fossey. Did I mention that she made considerable contributions to the textbook? She'll never let you forget it, especially getting upset when students struggle to

01/12/2013

3/3 memorize the chapters she wrote. And how can I be sure that her grading is objective? She only returned 40% of my graded work. I still wonder how I did on the multiple quizzes and reaction papers. P.S. She insults students with phrases like "you left your intelligence at home" and reprimands the entire class if one person visits the bathroom.

06/07/2012
good
ANT135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Blakely has become a mentor of mine. Of all the people I've met she believes in me more than I sometimes believe in myself. She's good if you work with her. I have seen people texting, and goofing off in her classes. At which point failure is YOUR fault. If you come in with an open mind, and want to learn it works

06/04/2012
Anth120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Blakely is by far the most polarizing professor at RACC. Some love her, some don't. If you are OK with a professor who'll consistently come to class 15 minutes late and unprepared, then you'll probably love her. I thought she wasted $400 of mine with her nonchalant approach to education. ...But that's just me.

05/31/2012
good
ANTH140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

class is very easy to pass if you actually come. all you have to do is show up and watch movie clips. chapter quizzes are easy. you have to do 15 reaction papers to movies, watch film clips and answer questions, and watch 2 long movie and write a response. easy, but time consuming.

05/01/2012
ant140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She doesn't seem to be interested in answering questions from students, which is a problem if you don't understand what she is asking from you. The class was easy enough, and she obviously knows a lot about the field, but she could use some people skills.

12/27/2011
ant140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

B4 taking her class a lot of ppl told me she was crazy & eccentric. I guess those ppl didn't understand her. Personally, I don't agree with them. The only reason she was late was to give us a chance to study b4 the quizzes, which helped a lot. She holds her students at an unusual high caliber and it actually works in terms of student achievement.

12/16/2011
good
SOC130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

LOVE HER, She is very knowledgeable. In order to understand her you must have some intelligence! I believe her lectures about her own experiences has taught me the most during her class.

12/05/2011
ANT140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE, DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS!!!!!! wayy too much work with the reaction papers but if you do have to take this, don't wait on the reaction papers!!!!!

11/27/2011
good
ANTH140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Blakely was nice but scatterbrained and constantly late. Attendance was taken by a sign-in sheet that was passed around when she remembered. Her multiple choice tests were relatively easy and by the end of the class she mostly used questions from the online quizzes from the textbook website. Not my favorite class, but it wasn't hard either.

10/22/2011
ant140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very qualified for the job. filled with information. however, I wouldn't recommend her as a teacher to everyone. She loves her field, but I don't think she is fit for teaching

08/11/2011
good
HAnt201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I went to RACC 15 yrs ago for an Assoc, but she believed I was PhD material. She believed in me before I did and saw possibilities, I didn't. I have great respect for this woman who has touched my life so profoundly. Yes, she is a bit eccentric, but I'm amused by it. Yes, I worked hard, but now I work in DC for the Federal Gov in a Sr position.

06/23/2011
good

Any class that includes watching Hey Arnold!, Star Trek, and Bones is fine with me. Seriously, she expects a lot work and challenges her students. Good professor.

05/09/2011
good

You will watch films but she has lived what she teaches! She is an expert in her field, I wish she had more time to discuss it in class. Make certain that you do the notebooks correctly with ttl pgs etc. Tests are multiple choice and quizzes every week-STUDY! Know your chapters and don't wait until the end to start your notebook. Excellent prof!!

03/21/2011
good
ANT245 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Blakely can only be described as interesting. While she periodically shows up to class late, she has been in the field of Anthropology for much of her life. Most of the time, she would show videos which did inform and make the class more interesting. Would gladly take one of her classes again.

03/13/2011
ANT140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Knowledgeable about Anthropology but she doesn't belong teaching.

01/18/2011
good
Anth140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful professor. Yes she can sometimes be late but so can a student, in which she doesnt hold it against you either. her office is always open for students, she taught me many things. There is a lot of videos but it helped alot. The tests are easy (just listen to the videos) and she is always upbeat. she cares about the students.

12/08/2010
good
ANT140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She either likes you or she don't, and I don't know what she bases that on. A lot of students found the class really difficult, and the quiz questions are pretty random. The course is quite work-intensive, and at times it can seem as if she's annoyed or bored with the class, which isn't great, but altogether I did like her. Hit or miss.