in New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology that teach History Edit

10/10/2011
good
HIST107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic teacher, incredibly strict, hysterically evil. Possibly ex-spetsnaz. Be late or rude at your own considerable peril. Will exit class with improved understanding of history, also fear of death.

04/17/2011
good
Hist189 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've never been much of a history student, but Dr. Prusin changed that! He is a towering genius who can tell you anything you want to know about history. He is excellent at challenging his students!

03/05/2011
good
HIST131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher, he has a passion for what he teaches and loves sharing his passion with you. He is a writing freak though, so study hard for his tests...

12/18/2007
good
hist300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Prusin is amazing- incredibly intelligent, thought provoking and demands your respect and best effort. He can be intimidating to the weak minded, but he has been one of my favorite professors ever and one of the reason I am pursing my PhD. - Stephanie Pick

04/05/2006
good
hist 151 & 152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Prusin is my favorite professor here- he's so funny, and I never miss a class if I can help it. He gives you exactly what will be on the tests. There's in class essays and a fair amount of reading (but I honestly believe you can get a B or C just off taking notes in class). Oh, and did I mention that I love Dr. Prusin?

09/26/2005
good
HIST 152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great guy. Very helpful. Makes class enjoyable and easy to understand and follow. Great in-class discussions that really get everyone thinking, including political discussions sometimes. This guy was in the Russian Army at one point and has a great style. Was just born to teach.

09/26/2005
good
HIST 151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Probably the best teacher I've ever had. I don't even like history and I aced this class. He makes it very interesting and easy to follow. His accent was not hard to understand and actually made it easier to remember what he said. Tests are pretty easy, mainly basic essay writing. Nothing to hard.

09/24/2005
good
history classes Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He ops for lots of class discussion and i mean lots of it. If you're lookin at a lower level history course, the class will be huge and can be intimidating to speak up. Usually, the few regulars will regulate where the discussions go. I say if you have the choice, take him in upper level courses where the class will be smaller and easier to get involved in. Tests are pretty bad but easy to prepare for. Remember, use lots of specifics!!

08/30/2005
good

He's a great teacher, and I love history!!

05/10/2005
good
HIST 152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Not too hard, gives you the exact test/quiz before you have it. As long as you like his dry sense of humor and can put up with him ranting about the entire class's ignorant once a week, I recommend the class.