Nicholas Fillmore at Hawaii Pacific University

Nicholas Fillmore

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/25/13

WRI 1100

Easy class. Just do the papers.

4/12/13

WRI 1100

Good workshop type class. Nick gave me lots of feedback on my papers. If you want to improve as a writer, I would recommend this class.

11/29/12

WRIT1100

Fillmore in class seems flustered often, but when you get to know him, he is a very intelligent and interesting guy. Conferences help. Super easy and chill. Take this class for an easy A.

11/10/12

WRI1200

Fillmore makes you think for yourself. Sometimes he goes off topic but he makes you think deeply about your writing.

11/8/12

wri1000

Boring. Never told us exactly what he wanted and always went off topic when in the middle of actualy helping us. His lectures are personal and never about what we are talking about. HE SWEARS, says you dont have to come to class but then gets mad if you dont. Wouldn't take his class again. Use of a grding rubric- NONE, but never says what he wants

20804065
12/26/11

WRI1100

Fillmore is a good teacher, but I wished he would have told us what he expected from our essay instead of telling us right after our conference.

12/21/11

WRI1100

I liked this class. I liked that we got helpful feedback from our peers and from Professor Fillmore in conference. I learned a lot rewriting my papers.

12/20/11

WRI1100

At first I thought this class was gonna be fun and I was gonna learn a whole lot! But I didn't. It was pointless to even go to class. Majority of the time I went to class was to turn in essays and what not. Other then that it was super pointless. I didn't really learn much!

12/14/11

WRI1100

Nick is a good teacher, though he should be teaching politics, theology, or philosophy. He is a phenomenal writer, though his writing class rarely touches on the topic. Very tangent prone and abstract. Intelligent, though seems heavily biased.

11/26/11

WRI1100

This man knows his literature. And we get to meditate at the beginning of class which is cool.

11/26/11

WRI1100

Like the class discussions. Paper assignments are interesting. I think the class helped me to become a better writer.

11/23/11

WRI1100

Basically every class is useless to come to unless you want to watch youtube videos and be involved in random discussions. Nick is a funny and chill guy but too frazzled all the time to teach. He is late most of the time and isn't too clear about assignments. He is also horrible about responding to emails. Easy class though, very light workload.

12/6/10

WRI1100

Lecture. Every. Class. But in a way, makes it very easy. Class is very easy because there is not much to teach. Book handles most of the details. Write your papers, come to class and pass. Simple as that.

More English professors at Hawaii Pacific University