Hoe Woon Kim at Oregon State University

Hoe Woon Kim

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/3/14

MTH 111

He's such a helpful professor. He's not always great at pronouncing things and it's a bit hard to understand what he's lecturing about but he always goes over his lectures multiple times if students don't understand. He's extremely enthusiastic and a really awesome professor.

4/1/14

MTH 251

He is a great professor. I took MTH 251, MTH 252, MTH 254, MTH 255, MTH 256, and MTH 306 from him. I got all straight A's and I would've gotten A+ if there was one! I took all these classes as freshmen and I am done with Math forever. He is very clear, easy to understand, and generous. If you have hardships understanding math, Mr. Kim is perfect.

3/30/14

MTH 252

His lecture is confusing. He doesn't teach well, but his midterm and quiz are easy. Make sure to do his practice exam,go to class for quiz review and do my math lab, you will get an A. His midterms are very similar to the practice. He is helpful in his office hour.

3/3/14

MTH 112

Dr. Kim is very enthusiastic with his teaching which makes Math easier to understand. He repeats a lot of his course material from lecture to lecture. He is a very helpful professor if you have any questions concerning mathematics.

1/30/14

MTH 245

Awesome prof

12/7/13

MTH 254

Prof. Kim is extremely enthusiastic, professional, and intelligent. However, the language barrier makes learning from his lecture alone extremely difficult. The homework is tough, but doable with time. Slackers beware, this class requires focus and determination.

11/16/13

MTH 254

While Mr. Kim is an enthusiastic teacher, he does not explain much of the information needed for the homework. To make it through his class I needed to turn to many other sources for the needed information

6/12/13

MTH254

Mr. Kim is probably the best math teacher I've had so far. He gets very enthusiastic during lecture, and truly makes the 50 minutes enjoyable. All the concepts are reviewed well, and the TA was very helpful. Do the homework, know the homework problems for the quizzes in recitation, and attend lecture. I actually had fun with this class.

6/11/13

MTH 254

Quizzes in recitation are from homework. Do your homework or at least copy down examples (you are aloud to use them). I found lecture quite annoying. He is not very organized and repeated ideas too much instead of building to an example. GO TO CLASS. Pop quizzes are not extra credit

4/28/13

MTH245

Professor Kim is a very nice, enthusiastic guy but I could never understand him and the class was just unbelievably confusing. How the hell I got an A- I have no idea. Worst class I have ever taken.

3/19/13

math 256

Kim is the best math instructor I've had. He has infectious enthusiasm, is very intelligent, and very helpful. The quizes are all HW problems, the midterms are the hardest part of the course but very similar to the practice exams. The final was fair and had a few problem straight from the HW. Study, and go to class(ec popquizes)andyoull berewarded

1/16/13

MTH254

Dr. Kim is one of my favorite teachers so far. He is a little hard to understand, but he tries his best and is quite funny in doing so. As long as you go to class every day and reference the book when need be you'll do great in his class. Enjoy.

12/1/12

MTH245

He seems like a nice and funny guy, but that's about it. His accent is very hard for many to understand. Sometimes he catches himself working on a problem for 20 minutes, and figures out he either missed a step or did it all wrong in the end. Class average on the midterm was 59%. Not kidding.

11/30/12

MTH231

Very good Instructor. I had no problems with his accent. The main problem I had with the class was that the students in there would ask rather foolish questions which would greatly slow the class down. I would definitely recommend taking one of Dr. Kim's classes.

11/29/12

MTH245

I struggled to understand Mr. Kim as he is a non-native english speaker. I feel as if I spent more time trying to understand him, than I did understanding the material. The online homework examples and my TA helped me understand the material better than he did.

9/7/12

MTH256

I took math 256 a term before with a different teacher, but I hadn't learned a thing in 7 weeks. Needless to say, I dropped it. Took it with Kim and instantly started to catch on to the material. Once you understand his accent, his lectures are easy to follow. He answers questions VERY thoroughly; he does not make you feel stupid. Great professor.

4/21/12

MTH252

Dr. Kim really cares about his students and he is very passionate about math. Lectures are helpful, but I really recommend looking at the book, particularly the examples. I remember a couple of them showed up on his tests (or very similar problems at least). And to clarify, his accent is really not a huge problem, you'll get used to it quickly.

4/11/12

MTH105

Difficult to understand, but very good professor. He seeks to clarify what cannot be understood by his accent. In my class, he took the higher score between the midterm and final exam(to improve grades). He gave extra credit quizzes weekly. He went out of his way and scheduled study sessions on his time to help students.

3/18/12

MTH256

He's a very entertaining professor, and passionate about math. It took me a few lectures to get used to his accent (this didn't affect my rating). The clarity and usefulness of his lectures has improved throughout the term. Exams are straight forward and quite easy, practice exams are much more difficult. Do the homework and you'll do fine.

1/9/12

MTH111

Dr. Kim is a very nice man and great instructor but difficult to understand. The class however is very very easy and if you follow the book you will do well in the class.

More Mathematics professors at Oregon State University