in Salt Lake Community College that teach Computer Information Systems Edit
at Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
are you Susumu Kasai?

08/20/2014
good
CSIS 1550 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Easiest I've ever taken. Only a few assignments all semester. Most of the time was spent explaining the concepts to beginners. I already had several years experience with SQL. I went to class a few times total to turn in assignments only. The actual SQL assignments took less than an hour each. Accent is not too bad to get used to.

04/18/2014
CSIS 2010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

I took his class online and wasn't really impressed with him. If you get lost in the class and you go into see him, he really makes you feel stupid by rolling his eyes at you and taking deep breaths out loud. You will do really well in this class if you don't need him to help you.

01/13/2014
good
CSIS1555 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Class is cake if you have any prior SQL knowledge. He taught my section non-ANSI implicit joins, which I disagree with, but he didn't mark me down for writing ANSI compliant queries. I wish this class was a bit more advanced. I also took the MS Access class from him, and showed him a few tricks with VBA.

11/19/2013
CSIS 2010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Kasai was very slow to reply to emails, we're talking at least four days every time I emailed.

11/19/2013

The instructor used a special text book and they weren't available for purchase anywhere until about a month into the semester. This made it very difficult to get started and figure out what was going on. This instructor has 2-3 assignments due EVERY WEEK. If you miss a deadline to turn one in, you are out of luck. No late assignments, PERIOD.

12/18/2012
good
CIS2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online. I knew Access really well already due to my work so this was a breeze for me. I loved that there were no tests or quizzes. Just assignments and you're done. I would recommend this class.

08/22/2012
good
CIS2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took this course online. Professor was very responsive to questions and helpful on difficult sections.

12/14/2011
good
CIS2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Susumu is a great teacher. He allows you to really understand the material and do it a pace that he knows will work. I would take another class from him.

12/14/2011
good
CIS2410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Susumu is an excellent teacher. He likes to create an atmosphere for the student to really think and solve problems using the spreadsheet. This class is worth every penny. I took the class in a classroom where his feedback is better than online. This guy is excellent

08/11/2011
good

Took this class online. Loved it. If you follow instructions and stick to the deadlines for assignments it should be an easy A. Professor was great at emailing back to any questions you have. He is very involved which is sometimes hard to find with online courses.

05/06/2011
CIS2410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took his online class. Just read the book. Do the assignments, which take time, but are easy once you figure them out. It should be an easy A if you can figure out the material without the teacher

05/03/2011
good
CIS1555 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher!

05/03/2011
good

Excellent teacher. Helps work toward a complete understanding of how to use SQL. The case study system that he uses is very effective. Very knowledgeable on the subject of normalization especially.

01/06/2011
good
CIS2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online and I really enjoyed it. It's all about microsoft Access, and the nice thing is you get the entire course work and calendar on the first day of class. I finished up the first half of the course work during the first week of the semester. The teacher is very clear on what's due, and she even offered extra credit at theend

12/17/2010
good

Not much to say. Took the class online. You have to just read the book and do the assignments, that's about it. He does send some emails and updates, but I never sent questions so I don't know how responsive he is. Fairly easy, but don't expect much from him. One nice thing: he provides what the finished assignment should look like so easier to do.

09/12/2010
CIS2410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you are taking this class be prepared to learn strictly from the text and don't expect the teacher to give any instruction. You basically just need to do his assignments by yourself and make sure you submit them before the due date.

08/05/2010
good
CIS2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took the online class and it wasn't too bad. He is very responsive to emails, and gives explainations as needed.

04/28/2009

Terrible teacher. Didn't explain anything and gets angry when you ask him for help. He takes attendance, so you have to come...but then never EVER teaches anything. Take it online before you take his class, it'd probably be more helpful!

12/12/2008
good
cis2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My experience w/Prof. Kasai has been positive and I'd take another class from him again if given the opportunity. He gives you class time to work on your assignments and is around to help with questions or problems with the computers. He seems to be pretty understanding too if there's a problem/need to extend a deadline. Very nice and very helpful!

07/06/2006
good
CIS 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Easy class if you know anything about computers and microsoft office products. The hardest test were straight out of the book, but he does go over the info in class to some. Friendly & helpful teacher if not understanding something. I still say hi to him when I see him in the halls, & he remembers me and says hi back. nice guy.