in McHenry County College that teach English Edit
Gabriel Decio
at McHenry County College, Crystal Lake, IL
are you Gabriel Decio?

03/02/2014
ENG-105-001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Really outdated use of computer programs.

05/09/2013
ENG 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a class that you might as well take online. He gives quizzes every day and not much goes on in class; most of it was spent in group discussion, the rest with him talking about his trips to Europe. The instructions for the presentation were really vague, but his expectations are specific. He is also really bad about responding to emails.

01/07/2013
good
ENG240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

English was never a forte in abilities. Especially a complicated composer as Shakespeare. However, i walked in the class with an open mind and learned a lot. There was a collection of quizzes over the plays that we read (6 total and we examined 16 sonnets. He is very helpful if you ask for it and is very passionate about the subject--always helps.

11/05/2012
good
ENG151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

As long as you live up to your responsibilities, You will have no problems with Decio. His availability is great, and you can see his determination to help you understand the material as much as possible. as long as you reach out when you need help, you should have no problems with this blended course.

10/04/2012
ENG151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher. Not helpful at all, or a fair grader. Just awful

09/29/2011
ENG271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

His classroom class is nothing like a typical classroom class. It has the same structure as a online class. We read the chapter then we take a online quiz. And then in class we take another in class. He deducts points 20 extra points if you guess or get the answer wrong. If you get a zero he will deduct points from quizzes already recorded in the grade-book. He doesn't give any kind of notes or lectures. He has other students teach every day and he always give us an audio lecture.

08/26/2011
good

Fair grader, covers material and expectations well. However, if you are not a fan of having an instructor with a latin (not sure from where)accent-look elsewhere.

05/09/2011
eng151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I did not like mr decio class at all. In fact i dropped it because of how bad of a teacher he is. He is arrogant and ignorant. Very serious and throws a ton of work at you to do at once. I absolutely advise you not to have him as a teacher.

11/22/2010
ENG151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is an easy grader, but the compliments end there. Decio made me feel inferior and treated students like they were still in elementary school.

04/30/2010
good
eng272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Decio was very nice. I took his online class, and although it was a lot of work, he is a fair grader and gives great feedback. I learned a lot, read a lot and made a LOT of powerpoints, but overall, a great class. I ended up with a 100%.

04/15/2010
ENG151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Decio always made me feel very dumb when asking questions. He was very stuck up and extremely boring. I dreaded English class, and I've always enjoyed English in the past. I didn't learn anything in this class. I do not recommend.

11/17/2009
good
eng151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

easiest class i ever had

11/07/2006
good
ENG240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took him for Intro to Shakespeare. I really enjoyed the class it was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. He really enjoys teaching and having discussions with the class.

01/25/2006
good
Shakespeare Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took Prof. Decio for Intro to Shakespeare and thought he was wonderful. He made sure everyone in the class was involved and that they really knew and understood the material. He wasn't a blowoff, and I think it's great to have a teacher that challenges you and thinks you are capable of more than butt in seat regurgitation.

11/18/2005
ENG 151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Was deployed by the army and he dropped me from class. Wouldn't even help me with the class. Horrible teacher

10/31/2005

This was a perfectly good waste of my time and an elective. I LOVE english, but Decio has managed to suck every fiber of enthusiasm for it out of my being. He's arrogant, and pompous. But if you want an easy blowoff class, and you can kiss butt, and manage to construct a simple declarative sentence, you'll get an A.

10/19/2005
2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

12/26/2004
ENG152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

JERK!! He thinks he is the smartest person alive!! Biggest Ego! Horrible Teacher. Not helpful at all!

12/13/2004
good
ENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought he was a great teacher and I would tell people to take him.... I told my mom to take him!

11/16/2004
ENG 152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His class was really hard, even for overachievers. He thinks he's super smart because he keeps popping up with pointless facts. He harsh on grading and generally cold. Don't take him unless you like your teacher acting like some kind of an English Nazi!