Gabriel Decio at McHenry County College

Gabriel Decio

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/2/14

ENG-105-001

Really outdated use of computer programs.

5/9/13

ENG 251

This is a class that you might as well take online. He gives quizzes every day and not much goes on in class; most of it was spent in group discussion, the rest with him talking about his trips to Europe. The instructions for the presentation were really vague, but his expectations are specific. He is also really bad about responding to emails.

1/7/13

ENG240

English was never a forte in abilities. Especially a complicated composer as Shakespeare. However, i walked in the class with an open mind and learned a lot. There was a collection of quizzes over the plays that we read (6 total and we examined 16 sonnets. He is very helpful if you ask for it and is very passionate about the subject--always helps.

11/5/12

ENG151

As long as you live up to your responsibilities, You will have no problems with Decio. His availability is great, and you can see his determination to help you understand the material as much as possible. as long as you reach out when you need help, you should have no problems with this blended course.

10/4/12

ENG151

Horrible teacher. Not helpful at all, or a fair grader. Just awful

9/29/11

ENG271

His classroom class is nothing like a typical classroom class. It has the same structure as a online class. We read the chapter then we take a online quiz. And then in class we take another in class. He deducts points 20 extra points if you guess or get the answer wrong. If you get a zero he will deduct points from quizzes already recorded in the grade-book. He doesn't give any kind of notes or lectures. He has other students teach every day and he always give us an audio lecture.

8/26/11

ENG151

Fair grader, covers material and expectations well. However, if you are not a fan of having an instructor with a latin (not sure from where)accent-look elsewhere.

5/9/11

eng151

I did not like mr decio class at all. In fact i dropped it because of how bad of a teacher he is. He is arrogant and ignorant. Very serious and throws a ton of work at you to do at once. I absolutely advise you not to have him as a teacher.

11/22/10

ENG151

He is an easy grader, but the compliments end there. Decio made me feel inferior and treated students like they were still in elementary school.

4/30/10

eng272

Dr. Decio was very nice. I took his online class, and although it was a lot of work, he is a fair grader and gives great feedback. I learned a lot, read a lot and made a LOT of powerpoints, but overall, a great class. I ended up with a 100%.

4/15/10

ENG151

Decio always made me feel very dumb when asking questions. He was very stuck up and extremely boring. I dreaded English class, and I've always enjoyed English in the past. I didn't learn anything in this class. I do not recommend.

11/17/09

eng151

easiest class i ever had

11/7/06

ENG240

I took him for Intro to Shakespeare. I really enjoyed the class it was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. He really enjoys teaching and having discussions with the class.

1/25/06

Shakespeare

I took Prof. Decio for Intro to Shakespeare and thought he was wonderful. He made sure everyone in the class was involved and that they really knew and understood the material. He wasn't a blowoff, and I think it's great to have a teacher that challenges you and thinks you are capable of more than butt in seat regurgitation.

11/18/05

ENG 151

Was deployed by the army and he dropped me from class. Wouldn't even help me with the class. Horrible teacher

10/31/05

Shakespeare

This was a perfectly good waste of my time and an elective. I LOVE english, but Decio has managed to suck every fiber of enthusiasm for it out of my being. He's arrogant, and pompous. But if you want an easy blowoff class, and you can kiss butt, and manage to construct a simple declarative sentence, you'll get an A.

10/19/05

12/26/04

ENG152

JERK!! He thinks he is the smartest person alive!! Biggest Ego! Horrible Teacher. Not helpful at all!

12/13/04

ENG

I thought he was a great teacher and I would tell people to take him.... I told my mom to take him!

11/16/04

ENG 152

His class was really hard, even for overachievers. He thinks he's super smart because he keeps popping up with pointless facts. He harsh on grading and generally cold. Don't take him unless you like your teacher acting like some kind of an English Nazi!

More English professors at McHenry County College