in Lone Star College (all) that teach Biology Edit
Francis Willingham
Professor in the Biology department
at Lone Star College (all), Houston, TX
are you Francis Willingham?
B
12/08/2014
good
BIOL 2401 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Tests are tough" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Respected by students"

Dr. Willingham was a really great professor, and I would certainly recommend him to other students. You definitely have to work hard in this class ... there's no getting around it. Only downfall is that the tests are extremely difficult, since the questions can be ambiguous or unrelated... can be very frustrating. Grades quickly though!

12/08/2014
BIOL 2401 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C+

I've taken intro to a&p, and if you need this class for your major i DO NOT recommend him. his notes are just the txtbook copied onto slides, no reviews, doesnt make his own tests. lots of bonus & 1 take home test. he doesn't teach you in the depth you need for the medical field. i studied hard and didnt make what i deserved (others felt the same).

12/04/2014
good
BIO 2401 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+
"There for you" "Respected by students" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I absoultely love Professor Willingham! I never comment about a professor UNLESS I really feel the need to. With Professor Willingham A&P was extremely easy to understand. I took A&P the 2nd time with him and LOVED IT! He really wants you to pass and I recommend him to everyone . You just have to work hard & pay attention and you'll be fine.

08/04/2014
good
BIOL 2401 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best A&P professor out there. I drove way out of my way for him to receive a better grade than I did from previous A&P professors at Cy-Fair and I succeeded in that. I took him for both A&P 1 and 2 and made a B in both! I was points away from an A for A&P 1 and the only downfall about him is he didn't bump my grade up.

05/13/2014
good
AP II Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

Really good teacher! I recommend him for both A&P I and A&P II. Easy to talk too and his class was really interesting!

05/04/2014
good
BIOL 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took him in A&P 1 and took him again for A&P2. I just recommend taking him the fall (typically all sciences). you have more time to go everything in the fall compared to the spring. He's still a good teacher, just maybe didn't go through everything as thorough as he did in the fall

03/25/2014
good
BIOL2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

This instructor was great! I've taken A&P before and this way the best one I've taken. He gives you plenty of time to review the information and generally wants everyone to pass and succeed. If you show up to class you will pass this course. Great instructor!

01/01/2014
good
BIOL 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor! He really tries to make the material understandable. His tests are very clear and actually cover the material covered in class. My only complaint is that he could have covered the material a little deeper and expected more from his students. Overall an excellent class though.

12/12/2013
good
BIOL 2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had taken anatomy before and made a C. Took it with Frank, made an A. He is just awesome. So helpful. Extra credit opportunities. Didn't just rely on tests as your overall grade. Keep in mind anatomy is hard, put forth the effort and you'll do good. Definitely taking him for A&P 2

12/11/2013
good

He is very nice and explains well. Tests are hard so stUdy Go to class or else you'll prob fail. also labs are easy but usually he talks more than ever does labs

12/10/2013
good
BIOL2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Guys! Dr. Willingham is amazing. Take him!! He is my best professor from Lone star college. He takes care of every single students. Exams are not easy but if you study then you can make a good. but he helps in any way he can. Professor was very helpful. I wish I knew him for BIOL2401. I loved class and learned alot. Best anatomy professor.

08/11/2013
good
BIOL 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is super and amazing!! Attendance is not mandatory but, if you do not go you will not understand. He is very understanding and tries to explain any of your questions and is very honest about it all. You have to study very hard for his test but if you go to class, take notes, and review them you are sure to pass. Take him very respectufl!

07/09/2013
good
BIOL2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty good class. Easy grader. One take home test, one group test. Grade consists of tests, one presentation, one hormone chart and the labs which he gives answers to. Great teacher and knows how to explain things. Would take again.

07/08/2013
good
Bio 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher, reads from the textbook. I would suggest using easynotecards on the web to study from the flashcards. Hint use the ones that are made by supernerdo. Goodluck ;)

07/06/2013
good
BIOL 2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took summer 2013. You need to read & do a lot of self instruction. First test was group test, also had a take home test. Other exams not difficult if you prepare & read. Look online for test prep(A&P flashcards). Prof at times read from book. No lab practicals, you need to do a presentation & hormone chart. Compared to A&P I, class was EASY!

06/08/2013
good

This professor is amazing because he is very helpful in helping you succeed in his class. He provides a lot of extra credit opportunity which helped me earned an A for his class. His exam are a bit difficult but he helped you do well on two of them by allowing you to have a group exam on your first test and a take home exam. Also No LAB Practical!

06/03/2013
good
2304 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful instructor. Very helpful. Would take him again.

05/09/2013
good
BIOL 2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Take him!! No other A&P teacher that makes it a little easier to do well! Anatomy is HARD, but if you study, and do practice tests you can find on-line, a lot of same qtns are on his tests. Easy 100s on labs, projects, and gives extra credit if needed. He is very nice and helpful. I didn't study my best, would have made an A-missed by 1 point.

05/08/2013
good
2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a very sweet man. Made a 100 on everything in the class except for the tests. Would have had an A if it weren't for the tough tests. Studied hours after hours and still made C's on them. Everything else in the class is super easy. Ended up with a B, and he does not care about attendance.

04/27/2013
good
BIOL 2401-2402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Willingham is awesome! I recommend anyone take him for Biology 2401-2402. He does offer extra credit. Pay attention and study and you will do fine! :)