Trudelle Thomas at Xavier University

Number of ratings 20 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

2/2/14

Eng 205

Grade ReceivedB

Loved Dr. T! Tests were always fairly easy if you read the materials...when it comes to the essays she tends to grade a bit harshly. Other than that great professor and a fun class!

5/3/13

ENG 124

Dr. T was great! She is the sweetest lady. At the beginning of class we had a meditation, that "used class time well". Her tests were fairly easy and she graded easy on the papers that weren't very long. Overall, I loved her! Participate in class and she will love you too!

4/25/13

ENGL 314

She was extremely frustrating to have as a teacher; I would go to her office hours to get advice on ALL of the papers, correct it as she said, and then she contradicted everything she told me to change during grading. I ended up with an A- because I always sought her input and participated; it's not hard if you're willing to be frustrated and work.

2/13/13

Engl314

I loved Dr. T! Her class was phenomenal. Yes, you have to work pretty hard to get an A, but it is totally worth it. Lifewriting gave me an opportunity to write about what I wanted to write about. Dr. T is so open and I felt so comfortable in this class. I went to her office hours often, but ended up receiving an A-. One of the best classes at X.

1/17/12

Engl205

Very interesting and "out there". Super nice though and really loves her students. All in all, I thought the class was ridiculously easy and I recommend Dr. T!

12/28/11

ENGL499

Wants to hear from students (participate!), but has trouble leading class-discussion: sometimes jumps among random observations. Can grade tough and be too picky w/ small points of papers, but available to help you revise. Ties books to social issues and JESUIT values (oft-neglected in ENGL dept). Interesting variety of books. Reasonable workload.

11/4/11

Eng205

Nice lady but very convoluted in her teaching. She cannot keep a schedule so reading builds up and hits hard. Her tests are annoying, short answer + essay, because it's all by hand. Make sure you use her review sheet option and just make the essay beforehand, which you can shrink to a small font and bring in. Overall, she's ok but not the best.

9/28/11

Engl124

Great English teacher, way better than any-other that I had in High School. Come to class prepared, and try to make all of them. Discussion in that class isn't as bad as others so just try, if not a little comment here or there will help. Dr. T is harsh on some of the essays , but I think going to see her for help is good will help the grade.

1/14/09

ENG504

She starts out being a very nice teacher who seems to be a bit spacey and unsure. Then the paper grading begins. She takes of points for things that make no sense. She can also be a little obnoxious with you if you don't care to participate. Overall, I think she isn't a very effective teacher.

11/3/08

eng205

I have Daring Dr. T now for 2 classes and I love her!! Yeah she can be kind of hard, but trust me she will work with you!!! She assigns a lot of reading, but if your class complains enough she will knock some reading down. Great teacher, I don't know where some of these people get their ideas. I love her and recommend her to everyone.

10/30/07

ENGL382

I love this class! Material is somewhat interesting, but discussions are intriguing. Is fair on grading, and is willing to work with you to fix your mistakes. If you are looking for an easy A, then this isn't it, but the class is def. worth it!

2/24/07

Engl124

She had started to grow on me, but after recieving a 70 on my first paper i was turned off after reviewing her comments. Her class is a joke and she takes it too seriously. It is required or i would never have taken it.

12/21/06

ENGL504

She has no idea what she is doing, and admitted in class that the only reason she made it as a prof was because of quotas for women. How she went even further to become the head of her dept is beyond me. Her comments on papers are inappropriate, and she assigns work not on the syllabus. The worst prof at XU, hands down.

10/10/05

Honors Rhetoric

This woman was the number one reason I did not pursue an English major at Xavier - she destroyed any small scrap of pride I had in my writing.

6/16/05

EngComp

ummm...this lady is weird and she always looses her train of thought, she constantly makes u turn in drafts and for some reason she is really big on talking about personal information. Her feedback on papers isn't that helpful, however i hate english anyway...

5/13/05

pop writing

she means well and tries hard, but she must have smoked too much funky stuff back in her hayday b/c the woman can't hold a thought for more than five seconds. if you like vague profs...take one of her classes. oh, and if you suck up-you'll def. get an A.

3/6/05

Eng 311

very vague in instructions, lots of daily assignments, tough grader. I don't mind English classes but this one I detest

8/26/04

journals

Rater Interest

she makes you write all kinds of fiction even tho its an autobiography class. she is crazy and her critiques of your writing can be rude at times. but she does know what shes talking about and it wasnt too hard to get an A.

8/5/04

Eng Comp

Rater Interest

Nice and helpful. However, if you don't like 'group environments', talking a lot in class, becoming everyone's buddy, sharing personal info, and constantly turning in drafts - avoid!

6/24/03

ENG 115

Rater Interest

She was a great professor - made me enjoy writing and look at it in a different way.

More English professors at Xavier University