in University of North Florida that teach Education Edit
at University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
are you Warren Hodge?
1.9

10/24/2011
EDALAW Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I learned so much more from Dr. Hodge than from my other professors. Honestly, my workload in his class was more on par with the workload I had in my graduate history classes. Though he took a long time to grade and return work, I felt the assignments were relevant and beneficial. He was not unfair or unkind. He just had some real expectations.

05/07/2011
EDF6480 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

For an online class, this professor loves group work. It defeats the luxury of deciding when you want to work on your assignment. The professor is no help when it comes to understanding the material. He comments/grades conpleted work 2-3 weeks after you have submitted it, and and after you've completed 2 additional assignments.

01/07/2011
EDLAW111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Students who had his class prior warned against his class while you are teaching. I felt I was always given his "A" game when he came to class.

03/24/2010
good
Law6232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors I've had. He cares and definitely knows his subject.

01/21/2010
good
LAWHR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This professor will crack a slacker. He has high expectations. Challenging, yet rewarding. Learned a lot. Depth of knowledge was great! He knew his stuff and at the end of the course, I knew it too!

04/22/2009
good
EDA3052 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Class was not difficult. It was like 6 of us. Most of the time class is conducted through Blackboard so you are never actively in the classroom. We relied a lot on the book, each other, and communicating with the professor. He was an interesting guy. The class was easy.

09/29/2008
EDS6130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ok I am not sure why people think this guy is so enlightening and/or brilliant. He seems to think that his disorganization and lack of clarity on assignments make the course "grad level." If you can avoid the nightmare you should!

04/05/2008
good
EDULAW Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hard but good

02/15/2008
EDA6232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am dropping this class as we speak because of Dr. Hodge's unreasonable expectations. I will be going to USF to take School Law online. I took Human Resources with him and he was not so bad, still unclear. But Law class and his work load is a BEAST! I did 20 hours of homework last weekend for his class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!

10/27/2007
good
EDS6130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I'd heard all of the negative stuff...this has been one of the most enjoyable classes in the ed. program. Dr. Hodge expects alot in terms of work and class participation, but, he is extremely knowledgeable and the work is VERY relevant. I would not hesitate to take him again, I've learned so much.