Heidi Richter at University of the Fraser Valley

Heidi Richter

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/30/13

BIO111

Expected too much in a 100-level class. She's nice though, and I thought she was funny. Looks like she's slowly improving when looking at her Bellevue College rating.

1/12/13

BIO112

Heidi is a very helpful prof and clear on what she expects. I got a pretty good grade in her class. The people that did bad were the ones that did not put enough effort in because they didn't think they needed to.

6/23/12

BIOL111

I need a 72% for entry to my Master's so I will need to take this class again. I would say this was not a good experience for a seasoned student, she has very high expectations for a 1st year course.

5/9/12

BIO111

Very difficult marker. I ended up with a far higher lecture lab than lab mark, something wasn't right. If you can't find another lab section for this course, withdrawal and take the following semester.

5/7/12

BIO111

I felt as though I never had enough time and was always rushed. Her marking is quite brutal, I recieved some horrible scores on labs, which were without question my lowet mark on anything ever. My advice is to AVOID!

11/22/11

BIO111

I really liked Heidi as a person because she wanted to see her students succeed and always tried to help everyone out. Our lab reports had a very low average, but she did try and give as many suggestions as possible! However, she certainly does have high expectations of her students, and my lab section with her was fairly difficult.

11/21/11

BIO111

I guess she is a good teacher with respect to most things. However the way she marks is ridiculous. Quoting her:"If there is nothing wrong with the content of your lab report, I will find something wrong with the grammar." This isn't an English class, thanks for taking my A in BIO 111 Heidi.

11/20/11

Bio111

Bio requires a lot of work and sometimes it can be overwhelming. Heidi answers emails very quickly and helps a lot in class if she's not trying to help too many people at once. If you read your labs and do your homework before class, the quizzes can be very easy. She likes to share interesting things about Biology, and overall she's a good teacher!

6/29/11

bio330

I thought I would enjoy the course, as an easier summer course, but this prof made it the most miserable course ever. The worst thing was changing exam requirements right before the exam. Homework gets piled on, justifying it by saying that legally she can give us 36 hours per week of homework(4 credit course, compressed semester)

6/12/11

bio330

Yikes! Extremeley hard marker, loves to pile you with assignments making you have no time for studying! Even when the whole class complains about the workload... still not willing to reduce it in anyway! I dont know what UFV was thinking by hiring her on for the summer :S (Ignore my rate below)

6/12/11