in DePaul University that teach Political Science Edit
Norman Finkelstein
Professor in the Political Science department
at DePaul University, Chicago, IL
are you Norman Finkelstein?

04/15/2010
good
pol441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

thanks

03/26/2010
good
PoliSci Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you've never had a class with him, you shouldn't comment. If you have and you still don't know he's amazing...you probably failed because you never came to class and thus didn't fully grasp the reading

01/18/2009
good
aaaaaaaaa Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

How could you DEPAUL!? Finkelstein is beyond amazing and intellectual!! SHAME ON DEPAUL FOR LETTING HIM GO!!

01/12/2009
good
POLSCI Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

FANTASTIC PROF. SHAME ON YOU DE PAUL FOR LETTING HIM GO.

09/23/2008
good
POLI225 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Gosh, Finkelstein was and is the best. God love him. DePaul University are a bunch of morons for letting him go. They'll regret this 50 years from now.

04/10/2008
good
POL235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Pehaps one of the better orators I've heard in a while.

10/15/2007
good
HON201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

God, Finkelstein was the greatest. I'm so glad I had him when I did. It's absolutely ridiculous DePaul denied him tenure. Everyone should transfer schools to follow Finkelstein.

09/08/2007
good
HON201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best Professor I've had at DePaul. DePaul made the worst mistake possible by getting rid of him. Shame on you DePaul! May he have tenure in our hearts forever!

07/25/2007
good
PSC233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am so mad that DePaul has denied him tenure. Very hard prof. but if you are only in college for easy profs. you are here for the wrong reason. I thought he was the best the department and perhaps even the school had. I'm truly sad to see him go :(

07/25/2007
good
PSC239 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

DePaul has failed its students by not giving him tenure. I was furious when I found out he was denied; its a shame he has too much pride to come back for another term because I would take his class in a heartbeat. I wish him all the luck in the world.

07/04/2007
good
PSC301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I can't believe that DePaul has denied him tenure - Depaul's loss because this guy was fantastic as a prof. Whoever gets him next will totally luck out.

06/17/2007
good
HON201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic teacher. Dreaded taking this class but ended up enjoying it and learning more than ever expected.Can be offensive to some, but don't take him seriously when he refers to you as an alchie the entire quarter...(like he did to one kid in my class).Makes you think about things differently and question your beliefs.Easy grader, take him if u can

06/10/2007
PSC220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Sorry to learn that he wasn't tenured. He's a true intellectual.

04/11/2007
good
psc231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Either you love him or you don't...and i LOVE him...he's funny, interesting and knows what he's talking about. He makes class fun, unlike boring, dry professors, and he encourgaes class discussion. TAKE HIS CLASS!

03/28/2007
good

I absolutely LOVE this guy! He's amazingly intelligent and he has got to be the funniest professor at DePaul. He makes it so much fun to go to class and you respect him because he knows his stuff so well - really respectable and funny. GREAT! TAKE HIM! not the EASIEST, but TOTALLY worth it!

02/28/2007
good
PSC233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Finkelstein is the only professor I've ever taken who makes class so interesting that I never wanted class to end. He's brilliant and excellent at getting students to really think about the issues. I'd love to take him again and I hope he gets tenure at DePaul.

01/30/2007
good
psy234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

he is a very unique character...and sometimes moody...he can make your life misarble if he'll want to especially with crazy mid-term test in which he expects you to know by heart all the text excerpts you took during the semester. I took him once and dont plan to do it again because I care for my GPA and his class is a gamble of that!!!

01/29/2007
good
psc234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

11/19/2006
good
PSC349 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very, very intelligent man. He's sort of funny - laughs at his own jokes more than anyone else. Though I learned a lot about Israel and Palestine, I wish the class would have felt a little more unbiased. Finkelstein is a strange strange man and will say things sometimes that just totally surprises you. He's definitely a big fan of himself.

11/14/2006
good

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING better in the world than a sexy, radical Jewish intellectual who knows what he's talking about, hilarious to listen to and with lots of insightful thoughts about the political reality in the world these days. Do yourself a favor and take Finkelstein's class - I hope to God that Depaul keeps him.