Stephen Schiavo at Missouri Southern State University

Stephen Schiavo

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/31/12

CISlots

I liked this professor. He made sure we understood the way the class was going. There were no secrets. As long as you attend class you will pass.

12/8/09

CIS302

Best teacher I had my first semester easily. Great guy, willing to talk, lively, and keeps class interesting. Definitely recommended for anyone in the CIS field. Looking forward to my next class with him as a Senior

9/17/08

CIS4

Excellent professor. Fair and equal treatment. Expects you to perform at your highest just as he expects himself to be there 100% for you. A student couldn't ask for a better learning environment. Very hands on! My highest ratings given to him!!

4/1/08

CIS310

Expects you to learn more from the book than lectures. But if you have problems, he is willing to help until you understand. I chose him as my academic adviser for these reasons.

9/25/07

CISMany

I got an A in all of his classes. The earlier ones are extremely easy, his quizes are mostly multiple choice. However, when you get to information systems II and database II, things get a little icky. He is very helpful and is willing to work with you if you ask for help and make equal effort. His finals are a bit difficult from database I on.

11/9/06

CIS302

I did very bad on his tests at first because I wasn't understanding his classes in the beginning, but then he gave me a personal textbook, explained the classes more in details to me and let me take the tests again. I went from the lowest grade to the highest grade. He's kind and very approachable. I would recommend him.

5/17/06

CIS 105

Very easy class. I got an A on all of the tests I took in there.

5/16/06

CIS 425

Easily one of the friendliest professors out there. Always helpful, good info in class, difficult assignments, but how else are you gonna learn anything? I really enjoyed his class.

5/4/06

CIS 425

I am in your class right now!!!! Enjoyed it much.

2/6/06

CIS 302

Probably the most useful class I've taken in the CIS department so far. He is very willing to help, and to explain things agin, so long as you come to class. Solution: be prepared to show up for class or he will not take kindly to your questions later! But that's just respectful to those of us who bother to show up for class.

12/6/05

CIS 410

This was a pretty good class, but it applied more to a business degree than to CIS. Also, the final paper was a bit excessive in size. An entire team of analysts would have been working on a project like this......not a college student.

8/22/05

VB.NET

Assignments are very easy and not time consuming. The final project does take a lot of time, I had at least 30 hours in it. Be sure to listen in class cause if you miss or do not understand something and go to him during his office hours be ready for him to give you an earful about how you should come to class more often or pay better attention

8/3/05

CIS310

Had a good class, final project took a lot of time, but he was helpful on trouble spots. Enjoyed the class, and I am hoping he will teach more of the classes I need to take, great teacher.

4/27/05

CIS310

We didn’t use the book at all. This was programming course, instead of learning the basics, we started at the middle. Classes were a nightmare at time rambled on and on. Not a friendly person when asked for help. I learned more when doing programs from the book. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

12/15/04

CIS 450

The class turned out as more of a summary to Operating Systems. I understand theories and history to OSs now, but I couldn't tell you an ounce how to implement it. And since the theories change every few years, while coding principles will remain, this seems fairly useless and trivial.

3/3/04