in Missouri Southern State University that teach Computer Science Edit
at Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, MO
are you Stephen Schiavo?

08/31/2012
good
CISlots Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I liked this professor. He made sure we understood the way the class was going. There were no secrets. As long as you attend class you will pass.

12/08/2009
good
CIS302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I had my first semester easily. Great guy, willing to talk, lively, and keeps class interesting. Definitely recommended for anyone in the CIS field. Looking forward to my next class with him as a Senior

09/17/2008
good
CIS4 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. Fair and equal treatment. Expects you to perform at your highest just as he expects himself to be there 100% for you. A student couldn't ask for a better learning environment. Very hands on! My highest ratings given to him!!

04/01/2008
good
CIS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Expects you to learn more from the book than lectures. But if you have problems, he is willing to help until you understand. I chose him as my academic adviser for these reasons.

09/25/2007
good
CISMany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I got an A in all of his classes. The earlier ones are extremely easy, his quizes are mostly multiple choice. However, when you get to information systems II and database II, things get a little icky. He is very helpful and is willing to work with you if you ask for help and make equal effort. His finals are a bit difficult from database I on.

11/09/2006
good
CIS302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I did very bad on his tests at first because I wasn't understanding his classes in the beginning, but then he gave me a personal textbook, explained the classes more in details to me and let me take the tests again. I went from the lowest grade to the highest grade. He's kind and very approachable. I would recommend him.

05/17/2006
good
CIS 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very easy class. I got an A on all of the tests I took in there.

05/16/2006
good
CIS 425 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easily one of the friendliest professors out there. Always helpful, good info in class, difficult assignments, but how else are you gonna learn anything? I really enjoyed his class.

05/04/2006
good

I am in your class right now!!!! Enjoyed it much.

02/06/2006
good
CIS 302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Probably the most useful class I've taken in the CIS department so far. He is very willing to help, and to explain things agin, so long as you come to class. Solution: be prepared to show up for class or he will not take kindly to your questions later! But that's just respectful to those of us who bother to show up for class.

12/06/2005
good
CIS 410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was a pretty good class, but it applied more to a business degree than to CIS. Also, the final paper was a bit excessive in size. An entire team of analysts would have been working on a project like this......not a college student.

08/22/2005
good
VB.NET Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Assignments are very easy and not time consuming. The final project does take a lot of time, I had at least 30 hours in it. Be sure to listen in class cause if you miss or do not understand something and go to him during his office hours be ready for him to give you an earful about how you should come to class more often or pay better attention

08/03/2005
good
CIS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Had a good class, final project took a lot of time, but he was helpful on trouble spots. Enjoyed the class, and I am hoping he will teach more of the classes I need to take, great teacher.

04/27/2005
CIS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

We didn’t use the book at all. This was programming course, instead of learning the basics, we started at the middle. Classes were a nightmare at time rambled on and on. Not a friendly person when asked for help. I learned more when doing programs from the book. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

12/15/2004
CIS 450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The class turned out as more of a summary to Operating Systems. I understand theories and history to OSs now, but I couldn't tell you an ounce how to implement it. And since the theories change every few years, while coding principles will remain, this seems fairly useless and trivial.

03/03/2004
good
cis450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

12/05/2003
good
CIS 302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

10/13/2003
good
CIS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

03/01/2003
good
CIS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A