Phyllis Pacilli at Florida Atlantic University

Phyllis Pacilli

Number of ratings 8 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

8/21/14

Grade ReceivedA-

Very passionate. Just do your journals , which she shows you how to do, and gives you the answers. Midterm is super easy, she gives you a study guide, and the final is made up of questions from your classes research project. I highly recommend taking her if yo have anxiety about math. She is very easy to talk to. No worries!

8/13/14

MAE 4350

I was really afraid of taking Pacilli's class after reading the reviews on here, but when the semester ended, I was pleasantly surprised to experience that she was the total opposite of what people are saying. She's extremely helpful, gives really great advice, and is easy to understand. Take her! I hate math yet with her, I understood it.

8/12/14

MAE4350

Dr. Pacilli was a great professor who enjoys and LOVES teaching math. You will DEFINITELY understand her way of teaching math and I loved hearing her stories. She was previously a principal and taught us what to expect as teachers. She was amazing! Dr. Pacilli made her class fun to attend. I would 100% recommend her class.

11/15/11

MAE4350

She told me that my lesson plan was barely fit of a beginning freshman. And I'm a senior. I've always had good grades and great evaluations on my lessons. She used the words disgusting, and horrible when talking to me about it. To make things worse I overheard her talking about me to another student when leaving class. Completely disrespectful.

11/15/11

MAE4350

She is completely uncooperative. Threatens to fail you for missing one class. She doesn't explain assignments or due dates well at all. She spends the entire class time talking (bragging) about herself and all that she does. Truthfully, I don't care that she teacher high school, coaches debate AND teachers us. AVOID her if you can.

10/15/11

MAE4350

Just a bad professor. The positive reviews probably aren't from real students. She's not easy, but that's not the problem. Some of my favorite professors classes are far more difficult. Borell, I love her, Smiley. the best, Pacilli. a joke. She doesn't explain assignments, or give rubrics, and chooses very clear favorites. Avoid her if possible.

8/23/11

MAE4350

Really great teacher. She has a sarcastic sense of humor but also very nurturing. She has been involved in teaching for a long time and will tell great stories. The class is a lot of work, but it is simple if you can follow directions. GREAT TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!

8/9/11