in University of Toronto - St. George Campus that teach Philosophy Edit
11/09/2014
PHL217 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Would take again" "Get ready to read"

Would take again, and again, and again.

11/06/2014
good
PHL 285 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Respected by students" "Inspirational"

HOT, KOOL, 1ST KLASS GUY, MAKES U THINK, BEST EVR!!!!

10/19/2014
PHL217 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read"

The lectures are superficial.

04/26/2013
PHL285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kingwell is very insightful if you really pay attention. His class can get really boring though. He also doesn't use powerpoints so you better make sure you attend every class and take good notes! The guest speakers were the highlight of this course. The essays were difficult and so was the grading. Overall an enlightening experience in aesthetics.

03/06/2013
PHL285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very little relevance between assigned readings and lectures. Made his own book mandatory reading and then did not discuss it all. Can be an engaging lecturer, although seems uninterested most of the time.

12/03/2012
TBB199 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

It was okay I guess... not a huge fan, especially with a 6-8 page essay + review that had to be written within a week...

11/26/2010
good
phl200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I completely agree with what a previous commenter posted: he is crystal clear if you pay good attention to what he is saying. What he says is not only clear but very, very insightful for someone just stepping into philosophy!

10/24/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic! I love him, I love him, I love him. One of my role models.

10/19/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kingwell was dope. He's got class and finesse ? he doesn't lecture, he performs. I understand he's very sought after, both in the university and in broader academia. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

03/15/2010
good

This class and this prof are the reasons why I majored in philosophy. I'm now in my 3rd year and having taken this class in my 1st year I can still easily say this was the best class I ever took. The material is difficult, but if you're into it it will work. Kingwell is brilliant and if you pay attention is quite clear. Amazing class, amazing prof!

03/13/2010
good

if you haven't taken philosophy before, i do not recommend this class. kingwell is a good lecturer and is lively and throws in a couple jokes here and there to keep the class awake. the material itself is challanging, but not extremely hard. and he's cute!

03/10/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This man is BRILLIANT. Easily my favourite lecture. Learned way more than I thought I would.

12/01/2009
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

thoroughly enlightening, I could sit and listen all day, too bad we only get 2 hours/week. Give us more, MORE philosophy!

06/05/2009
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Kingwell is an incredibly witty and intelligent philosopher. The course material itself is quite easy--this is mainly due Kingwell's ability to simplify complex philosophical ideas in a way that is both illuminating and entertaining. Take this course.

05/18/2009
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My favourite professor in my first year. Lecture attendance mandatory, philosophical readings are directly complimentary. Very easy course if you show up to lecture, focus exclusively on lecture material when studying, you will pass with flying colours. Love the intro music.

05/05/2009
good

One of the best professors at U of T.

07/28/2008
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING.

07/27/2008
good
TRN170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING prof, especially for this course. He's brilliant, funny, and cool. The book choices were amazing and the Philosophical viewpoint invaluable. Also, he's really cute!

07/06/2008
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ready and willing for questions in and out of class. Personally rather intimidating, and tries to be hip with the kids in lectures, both of which can be offputting. Lectures are enjoyable and informative, excellent at drawing out central concepts from texts and making them clear. Sparse overhead notes not enough to copy down, but work with his talk

07/02/2008
good
PHL101Y Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was expecting the class to be difficult and the material even more difficult to understand but I was pleasantly surprised. I loved how the prof. explained concepts using examples and good details and overall I found the course to be VERY EASY. Just stay on top of your readings, attend lectures, go to tutorials, and there is no reason why one c