in University of Toronto - St. George Campus that teach Philosophy Edit

04/26/2013
PHL285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kingwell is very insightful if you really pay attention. His class can get really boring though. He also doesn't use powerpoints so you better make sure you attend every class and take good notes! The guest speakers were the highlight of this course. The essays were difficult and so was the grading. Overall an enlightening experience in aesthetics.

03/06/2013
PHL285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very little relevance between assigned readings and lectures. Made his own book mandatory reading and then did not discuss it all. Can be an engaging lecturer, although seems uninterested most of the time.

12/03/2012
TBB199 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

It was okay I guess... not a huge fan, especially with a 6-8 page essay + review that had to be written within a week...

11/26/2010
good
phl200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I completely agree with what a previous commenter posted: he is crystal clear if you pay good attention to what he is saying. What he says is not only clear but very, very insightful for someone just stepping into philosophy!

10/24/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic! I love him, I love him, I love him. One of my role models.

10/19/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kingwell was dope. He's got class and finesse ? he doesn't lecture, he performs. I understand he's very sought after, both in the university and in broader academia. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

03/15/2010
good

This class and this prof are the reasons why I majored in philosophy. I'm now in my 3rd year and having taken this class in my 1st year I can still easily say this was the best class I ever took. The material is difficult, but if you're into it it will work. Kingwell is brilliant and if you pay attention is quite clear. Amazing class, amazing prof!

03/13/2010
good

if you haven't taken philosophy before, i do not recommend this class. kingwell is a good lecturer and is lively and throws in a couple jokes here and there to keep the class awake. the material itself is challanging, but not extremely hard. and he's cute!

03/10/2010
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This man is BRILLIANT. Easily my favourite lecture. Learned way more than I thought I would.

12/01/2009
good
PHL100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

thoroughly enlightening, I could sit and listen all day, too bad we only get 2 hours/week. Give us more, MORE philosophy!