Tom Ogimachi at Moorpark College

Tom Ogimachi

Number of ratings 46 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

7/24/14

Math M07

I really enjoyed this class. Yea he can come off as self obsessed, but you get used to it. He tries to scare off slackers but once he does he is pretty chill. Picked on me a couple of times, but in the end was very kind one on one. BEWARE!!!! KEEP YOUR PHONES OFF!!!!!!I LEARNED THE HARD WAY, TWICE!!!!!!!!!DO ALL THE HOMEWORK, STUDY, not an easy A.

5/25/14

M15 Stats

Grade ReceivedD

This professor is a joke. I am an A student and I did not pass. His expectations for homework were unreasonable. No notes on exams. Had to memorize formulas. Exams did not reflect the material covered in class. I figured even though the reviews said not to take him, being the student that I am, that I would pass. Guess what, I didn't.

4/16/14

Math MO3

It's true, he can be an ass...but he explains things well. He will make fun of you if you're being a lazy student but at that point you kind of deserve it. He makes class interesting and enjoyable. I suck at math and with Tom I finally understand

4/10/14

Math M15

He is mean in the beginning, but mellows out after the slackers drop. Just hang in there, because he is a great teacher! I learned so much in his class and I'm glad I stuck it out.

1/19/14

M15

Ever wonder why there is always space in his class? No, it is not because it is a internet class. The reason is, he is a poor teacher. His tests are difficult, do not match with the HW. If he is your last option, do not, i repeat, do not take him. Wait a semester, and save your money. He tells the class most will fail or drop. Great motivator, NOT!

12/14/13

Stat

Save your GPA or prepare to have a W. I studied, A LOT, went to the math lab, did the HW, showed up to class,and I could not pass his first 2 exams. I had to drop, and I devoted a ton of time to his course. Rude,smug, not helpful. Took Stats this semester with a new prof, and guess what? Got an A. I saved my 3.85GPA but took a W.

12/5/13

Math M03

This class was alright. You definitely have to work hard and put in all effort to pass this class. He is very picky about how you show your work on tests/quizzes. Quiz at the beginning of each class. Do not take this class if you are looking for an easy A.

11/20/13

m15

Don't take his online/ in class lecture course whatever you do. This class has caused me to have extreme anxiety and stress. His tests are hard, and he is is extremely rude.

11/19/13

MATHM15

Took his stats class over the summer awhile back. He's a good teacher and a nice guy. You obviously need to put the work in. Pay attention, review your notes, do the homework, and you can get a good grade in the class.

11/5/13

m07

Took him for Pre-calculus, very hard teacher. Said that more than half the class will fail, and always picks on people. He thinks he is a comedian and will call you out. Most Importantly his HW does not match the test what so ever!

11/4/13

M01A

I was literally too afraid to ask questions in class. If you ask a question youre asking to get picked on. Whenever i ask a question he goes "you clearly werent paying attention" when i was i just didnt understan. dont buy the textbook you dont use it all. He does all this online stuff

9/4/13

Stats

I took him over a year ago or so. He was very difficult, math is not my strongest sub so I had to drop. Took it with another Profe, and passed with an A. I put my time, I studied hard and did not pass either of his 2 tests. I hold a 3.8 GPA and I struggled with him. Find another Profe.

8/15/13

Grade ReceivedC

Took his hybrid. He has office hours, VERY helpful. Stats is a hard class and if you're good at math, you may be good. I'm terrible so this was a struggle. Lots of work. Re-do your quizzes until they're perfect, do all homework, and get help when doing quizzes. Pay a lot of attention to memorizing formulas. Nice guy if you try hard.

8/11/13

M03 5575

I just took this teacher's Int. Algebra class for the summer of 2013. His teaching temperament is VERY poor. He is brilliant at knowing the material, if you want to deal with a ball of tension, take this instructor. GOOD LUCK

7/12/13

M15

Took his half online/half lecture class for statistics. He was a very good teacher and explained everything very well, but he has a horrible attitude and can come off as very rude at times. But if you do your homework and quizzes, and pay attention, you will be fine. Enjoyed his teaching.

7/7/13

M03

Tom is a good professor, he explains things thoroughly. If you don't understand the material it's important to attend class, but since i already knew this material, i was often bored in class. If you do all the homework assignments and ask him all your questions, you'll do well in his class. He's really cool teacher! I recommend him!

7/7/13

M25

Tom is a really great teacher that explains everything clearly and doesnt try and throw you off on tests. If you understand the material (and do all the hw) there is no reason you cannot get an A. He even puts all the notes and class work solutions online! If youre unsure about taking calc, take it with him.

6/23/13

M07

Tom is a fantastic math teacher. He has a bit of a sassy attitude and thinks he's hot stuff, but he is always willing to help students out and really enjoys learning new/easier methods to solve problems. Tons of hw on my math lab. 100 problems per chapter at least and it's worth a decent amount of your grade. You better work.

5/23/13

MATH M15

Tom makes this class way more difficult than it needs to be. The workload was so intense and we had to come to class with our notes prepared.. he didn't do class notes and it was the blind leading the blind during group work. The final was ridiculously hard. This class made me have no life this semester. Take this class with a different professor!!

5/23/13

Math 15

Don't take his online class, most difficult class ever. Had 1 day of lecture and the rest online he maybe lectured 40 min out of 2 hour class and turned it over to group work and didn't answer any questions or give any help. Hardest class I've taken so far and I just finished Calc. Don't be fooled by the online class you get punished!

More Mathematics professors at Moorpark College