in Moorpark College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Moorpark College, Moorpark, CA
are you Tom Ogimachi?
C-
11/16/2014
M07 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

This man is rude, condescending, and thinks he's funny. I got a 40% on the 1st test(which was better than three people around me). i did all the homework and never missed a class. I also felt confident going into the test. I dropped after getting a 20% on the second test. should've dropped sooner when i found out he does cross fit, teehee.

11/16/2014
good
M03 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: WD
"Pop quiz master" "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

He's a decent teacher but is really tough on his students. His tests are extremely hard and I struggled to even catch on to his trickery. We never used the book, but we did all homework online. Oh and quizzes happen on the daily at least twice a day. So be ready for a million quizzes. He's super loud too (yells a lot), but will definitely help you.

11/07/2014
math mo7 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: F
"Tough Grader" "Assignments galore" "Lectures are long"

Makes simple topics unccesarily hard. My class currently has a d average and on tests we average a high F. Absolutly unreasonable. Avoid at all costs!

07/24/2014
good
Math M07 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. Yea he can come off as self obsessed, but you get used to it. He tries to scare off slackers but once he does he is pretty chill. Picked on me a couple of times, but in the end was very kind one on one. BEWARE!!!! KEEP YOUR PHONES OFF!!!!!!I LEARNED THE HARD WAY, TWICE!!!!!!!!!DO ALL THE HOMEWORK, STUDY, not an easy A.

05/25/2014
M15 Stats Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: D

This professor is a joke. I am an A student and I did not pass. His expectations for homework were unreasonable. No notes on exams. Had to memorize formulas. Exams did not reflect the material covered in class. I figured even though the reviews said not to take him, being the student that I am, that I would pass. Guess what, I didn't.

04/16/2014
good
Math MO3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

It's true, he can be an ass...but he explains things well. He will make fun of you if you're being a lazy student but at that point you kind of deserve it. He makes class interesting and enjoyable. I suck at math and with Tom I finally understand

04/10/2014
good
Math M15 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is mean in the beginning, but mellows out after the slackers drop. Just hang in there, because he is a great teacher! I learned so much in his class and I'm glad I stuck it out.

01/19/2014
M15 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Ever wonder why there is always space in his class? No, it is not because it is a internet class. The reason is, he is a poor teacher. His tests are difficult, do not match with the HW. If he is your last option, do not, i repeat, do not take him. Wait a semester, and save your money. He tells the class most will fail or drop. Great motivator, NOT!

12/14/2013
Stat Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Save your GPA or prepare to have a W. I studied, A LOT, went to the math lab, did the HW, showed up to class,and I could not pass his first 2 exams. I had to drop, and I devoted a ton of time to his course. Rude,smug, not helpful. Took Stats this semester with a new prof, and guess what? Got an A. I saved my 3.85GPA but took a W.

12/05/2013
good
Math M03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class was alright. You definitely have to work hard and put in all effort to pass this class. He is very picky about how you show your work on tests/quizzes. Quiz at the beginning of each class. Do not take this class if you are looking for an easy A.

11/20/2013
m15 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Don't take his online/ in class lecture course whatever you do. This class has caused me to have extreme anxiety and stress. His tests are hard, and he is is extremely rude.

11/19/2013
good
MATHM15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Took his stats class over the summer awhile back. He's a good teacher and a nice guy. You obviously need to put the work in. Pay attention, review your notes, do the homework, and you can get a good grade in the class.

11/05/2013
m07 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took him for Pre-calculus, very hard teacher. Said that more than half the class will fail, and always picks on people. He thinks he is a comedian and will call you out. Most Importantly his HW does not match the test what so ever!

11/04/2013
M01A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was literally too afraid to ask questions in class. If you ask a question youre asking to get picked on. Whenever i ask a question he goes "you clearly werent paying attention" when i was i just didnt understan. dont buy the textbook you dont use it all. He does all this online stuff

09/04/2013
Stats Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took him over a year ago or so. He was very difficult, math is not my strongest sub so I had to drop. Took it with another Profe, and passed with an A. I put my time, I studied hard and did not pass either of his 2 tests. I hold a 3.8 GPA and I struggled with him. Find another Profe.

08/15/2013
good
M15 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C

Took his hybrid. He has office hours, VERY helpful. Stats is a hard class and if you're good at math, you may be good. I'm terrible so this was a struggle. Lots of work. Re-do your quizzes until they're perfect, do all homework, and get help when doing quizzes. Pay a lot of attention to memorizing formulas. Nice guy if you try hard.

08/11/2013
M03 5575 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I just took this teacher's Int. Algebra class for the summer of 2013. His teaching temperament is VERY poor. He is brilliant at knowing the material, if you want to deal with a ball of tension, take this instructor. GOOD LUCK

07/12/2013
good
M15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took his half online/half lecture class for statistics. He was a very good teacher and explained everything very well, but he has a horrible attitude and can come off as very rude at times. But if you do your homework and quizzes, and pay attention, you will be fine. Enjoyed his teaching.

07/07/2013
good
M03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Tom is a good professor, he explains things thoroughly. If you don't understand the material it's important to attend class, but since i already knew this material, i was often bored in class. If you do all the homework assignments and ask him all your questions, you'll do well in his class. He's really cool teacher! I recommend him!

07/07/2013
good
M25 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tom is a really great teacher that explains everything clearly and doesnt try and throw you off on tests. If you understand the material (and do all the hw) there is no reason you cannot get an A. He even puts all the notes and class work solutions online! If youre unsure about taking calc, take it with him.