in University of North Carolina Wilmington that teach Criminal Justice Edit
Professor in the Criminal Justice department
at University of North Carolina Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
are you Mike Adams?
12/10/2014
CRM Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tests? Not many" "Tests are tough"

Mike is a pretty good teacher. His tests are hard but if you study you should do alright in the class. His lectures are pretty funny too.

11/11/2014
good
CRM 425 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tests are tough" "Would take again"

Mike Adams is super nice! He's pretty funny, and VERY opinionated There isn't a textbook, but there's a book you have to read for each test. They're pretty essential to doing well. He doesn't have powerpoints, so make sure you write down EVERYTHING he says in class, his questions are usually things he mentioned in passing. Definitely recommend him!

05/02/2014
good
hodr8943 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I HATE MIKE ADAMS. Okay but really, y'all need to take this class. Absolutely the BEST professor.

05/01/2014
good
CRM 495 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Possibly the best professor at UNCW. While I disagree with some of his personal views, this difference of opinion in no way detracted from the learning experience. He is a great teacher and is absolutely hilarious

04/25/2014
good
CRM 495 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Adams is the best teacher at this university. He cares if his students are understanding the material. He makes the most difficult subject super easy using his personal experiences with cases in such interesting ways. He has an amazing memory for detail. 5th class I have taken with him. He is the reason I am a Criminal Justice major.

03/10/2014
CRM 381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Basically a silver fox. VERY funny! Definitely opinionated but, I'm a bisexual feminist and wasn't offended by anything he says.

03/01/2014
good
CRM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor!! He really cares about his students and has a passion for what he teaches. He is clear in his teaching and willing to help no matter what. My favorite at UNCW and anywhere else I've ever been! Just NEVER miss a class!!!Everything he says in class is on the test. But trust me, you won't want to miss it.

08/28/2013
good
CRMCRM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I Hate Mike Adams! But take his class.

07/02/2013
good
CRM381 and 385 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Adams for Law of Evidence and Procedure. He is a great professor!! My favorite at UNCW! The books are long and confusing and not really necessary. Just NEVER miss a class!!! everything he says in class is on the test. The tests are 10 ?'s T/F- explain if it is false. Pretty easy. Go to class and pay attention, you don't even have to study.

04/30/2013
good
CRM 495 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely the best teacher/mentor that I have experienced in my college career. His class has not only made me more knowledgeable of the Constitution, but has provided me with the means to apply this knowledge in various aspects of life down the road. He is by far the best teacher I have ever had.

06/18/2012
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Adams is the best teacher at UNCW. His classes are so interesting and hilarious. You will not want to skip any classes. Even though he does not teach from the textbook, he tests on a lot of stuff in the chapters. Keep up with your reading and attend class and you will pass. He is an amazing professor. Love him!

06/04/2012
good

Wonderful professor. I knew him outside of class and that's why I took his class. I couldn't ask for a better professor. He is extremely knowledgeable and remembers so much detail about everything he teaches. I couldn't ask for a better professor. Anyone who takes his class would be a better person for doing so.

06/04/2012
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

OBSESSED with Mike Adams.. Best teacher Ive ever had at UNCW hands down!! He is so likeable and makes his classes fun.. if I was still going to be a student I would take so many more classes with him!! obsessed

06/03/2012
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I hate this guy on a personal level. He is a hyper-conservative homophobic a**hole. I disagree with his beliefs in every way and have never in my life had a professor or teacher I disliked more. I have to admit he's a good professor as far as covering course material in a clear manner, but his class policy is also very strict.

04/13/2012
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm actually obsessed with him and this class. It is amazing. You need to take this class. He is absolutely hilarious and fun to listen to! Make sure to study the book for the test!! Difficult, but definitely worth it.

11/25/2011
good

Absolutely love Professor Adams! Uses great hypotheticals to make class more interesting;test come from both lecture and textbook. Doesn't take attendance but you won't want to skip!

11/18/2011
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher. I disagree with his personal beliefs on basically every level, but I never found that this detracted from my interest or enjoyment of the class. The tests were definitely difficult and required taking copious notes during class, but if you study a fair amount(especially the cases) you'll do well on the tests.

10/13/2011
good
CRM381 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor I've ever had! While some others in this class think he'd censor everything if he had his way, I completely disagree! He's all about fairness. Unlike the more liberal professors I've had, Adams doesn't cut you down if you think differently than him which I can't say for the other liberal profs. His class is the highlight of my week!!

05/03/2011
good
CRM105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Adams is THE MAN. He makes Intro to Criminal Justice the funnest thing ever, making up hypothetical situations every 2 seconds to explain things. I plan to take every class he teaches while I'm at UNCW. The material can be dull at times, but his stories (both real and made up...) make it so easy to pay attention and learn.

04/26/2011
good
ABB Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Couldn't ask for a better Professor/Class situation.