in Tarrant County College (all) that teach Biology Edit
are you Dena Berg?
B
12/05/2014
good
2420 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Get ready to read" "Gives good feedback"

She is a very fair teacher and helps you understand the material. Yes the class is hard but there is a reason for it. If you work, she will help you get where you need to go. She is there for her students. She is very smart and knows what she is doing. I wish I had taken her the first time. Learned so much from her and enjoyed her class!

12/03/2014
good
non-majors 2420 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Would take again" "There for you" "Tests are tough"

Mrs. Berg is AMAZING! Microbiology is tough but she makes it bearable. She truly cares about each of her students and wants us to do well, BUT you have to work for it. She's a lenient grader, partial credit is almost always given. LOTS OF STUDYING TIME NEEDED. I'm on my way to an A for the semester, but if that doesn't happen I'll have a B+.

11/21/2014
good
2421 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Gives good feedback" "Would take again"

Ms Berg is one of my favorites. She cares about her students. If you do your part, she is there to help you learn! Not easy but I believe she helped me pass the HESI!

11/20/2014
good
Genetics Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students" "There for you"

Loved this class. Loved this professor. I went to her office regularly, she was always happy to help. She has a way of saying things so that hard topics make sense. One of the best. I will miss her!

08/09/2014
BIOL 2316 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

Online is easy, student discussions are interesting, but tests are created by McGraw Hill and contain numerous errors, asking questions from future chapters, or saying correct answers are incorrect. She didn't respond to these criticisms until I provided a detailed and cited explanation of how the test was wrong. I doubt other tests were corrected.

05/10/2014
good
BIOL-2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Ms. Berg was the best teacher I ever had. She's very knowledgeable and is willing to help her students succeed, but she can't do the work for you. If you're looking for an easy A, don't take her, but if you're looking to become a nurse or other medical professional, she's exactly the teacher you need.

03/20/2014
good
Microbiology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Mrs. Berg is an EXCELLENT instructor. The material is difficult, and her tests are no joke, but with effort, you can do well. She wants her students to succeed, and will help you if you're struggling. She is a first class instructor, and TCC is blessed to have her on staff. You must be prepared to study, however.

12/12/2013
good
BIOL 2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

Mrs. Berg is an excellent professor. She is extremely knowledgeable about the course content and communicates very well. You have to put in the work, but she is in your corner and gives you every opportunity to succeed!

11/21/2013
good
Bio 2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i took Berg last semester and honesty she has to be one of the hardest teachers I've had so far. All her exams include fill in the blanks, multiple choice, short answers and compare and contrast. Having the book is a must! I wouldn't recommend...

05/08/2013
good
BIOL 2401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a great professor; old school and not up-to-date with modern trends but she is funny at times. This is a DIFFICULT weed-out course for medical programs so you have to be dedicated. Exams, midterm, and final are difficult and comprehensive but she does provide reviews. HW is online and gradually gets more difficult throughout the course.

05/08/2013
good
BIOL 2316 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A far as classes go, I really enjoyed taking Genetics online with Dr. Berg. There are a lot of assignments due weekly so be ready to dedicated a lot of time and do NOT wait till the last minute. She really cares about how you are doing and responds to emails quickly. I learned ALOT this semester and would definitely recommend her.

07/06/2012
good
Biol2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Berg is very nice and helpful, but very strict on her tests. Her test have have multiple choice, true/false and SHORT ANSWER! The short answer questions are very very difficult and you must know every detail going into the question to recieve all the credit. I took her for summer 6 week course and recommend not taking this class in the summer.

06/16/2012
good
BIOL2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Berg is one the best instructors I have had for a science course. She is clear, concise, and extremely helpful. I think what makes her effective is her passion for the subject, her willingness to help her students understand trhe subject matter. She's always willing to go over a topic again to ensure every student understands a concept.

06/14/2012
good
BIOL2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had her for lab. She is nice, but micro is a very difficult class. I would take her again, but only if I was not taking a full load of other classes with it. There are no reviews, so you have to memorize EVERYTHING. There is so much information and no way of noing what will be on the test.

05/10/2012
BIOL2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Berg is an extremely hard teacher. If you are going to nursing school and need an A, don't take her. She does great lectures, but the tests (especially final) are very hard. Half of the tests are multiple choice, and the other is fill in the blank/short answer. I got an A in both of my A&P classes, but a B in this class.

01/08/2012
good
micro2024 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If it wasnt for Mrs. Berg I probably wouldnt have passed micro. I had an awful lecture teacher. Read and study and you'll pass with a good grade. Gives extra credit and very helpful with any questions. I plan to take her again for A&P. She made lab really fun and she has a sense of humor. i'd recommend her.

06/15/2011
good

Relevant information, great knowledge, desire to see us succeed, not making it easy!Treating students with respect and like adults. Professor Berg has expectations of her students and provides the information for individual success.A great personal experience for me. Thank You!!