in Rock Valley College that teach Social Science Edit
at Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL
are you Jerry Crane?
12/16/2014
good
Soc 190 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B
"Tests are tough" "Gives good feedback" "Amazing lectures"

Professor Crane is the master of Sociology, really knows his stuff and makes the class interesting. Really made me understand Sociology and looking at life differently as well as respecting other individuals personal view on various things. Right, wrong or indifferent. :)

12/15/2014
good
SOC190 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"Respected by students" "Would take again" "Participation matters"

I found this class pretty easy, but only because I showed up to every class and paid attention. The thing I loved most was that Crane will give you the option to drop multiple choice questions and write an essay worth the same amount of points on tests. This was a great option for me. Crane is very passionate and really knows his stuff. Great Guy.

12/08/2014
good
190 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters" "Hilarious"

Fantastic professor. Looked forward to his lectures bc they're great. He really helps you understand sociology. Gives a study guide for each test! If you study, you'll get A's. But this is NOT a blow-off class, you need to try. He's theatrical and loud but it makes everything more interesting and fun. Take him, you won't regret it. He's wonderful.

05/24/2014
good
sex and gender Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. He cares if you care. His classes are not blow off. Be ready to learn.

12/11/2013
good
SOC190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Hands down the best professor of all time. He is extremely passionate about sociology and he truly wants the best for his students. I love him. Class wasn't easy, it was challenging, but it was a good challenging in a way where you wanted to learn more.Highly recommend taking Crane, I truly was blessed to have him as a professor.

12/05/2013
good
SOC190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Very passionate about what he teaches. Treats each student with respect, but also like an adult. He will not baby you but will help you when you need it. Very funny guy!

11/07/2013
good

Crane is seriously awesome. His class is one of those classes you won't want to miss. I'm taking his deviance class next semester as an elective. I strongly recommend him.

10/16/2013
good
SOC 190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Crane, without a doubt, is the best soc prof at RVC. I loved his class. He really knows his stuff. He was energetic and I loved the conversational style of the class. He always encouraged discussion. I took the class in the summer and it was a breeze. The research paper was kind of difficult though.

03/23/2013
good
soc 292 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

wow-- this prof understands people who are "outside the norm " Very facilitating , and grounded. Great class.

02/14/2013
good
SOC190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Crane, not only is he an amazing teacher but a really good down to earth man. Do your work, pay attention, and be respectful and you will earn his respect. Loves his job, and his students who actually try. Earned a B and worked my butt off for it too. He is willing to help, if you are willing to ask. :)

01/29/2013
good
socio299 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

great prof. real stories, real interest. need more like him! enjoying this course !

12/16/2012
good
SOC190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had no true interest in Sociology until I took his Intro course, now I love it, and am actually thinking of minoring in it when I transfer to University. Amazing professor. Highly recommend.

12/14/2012
good
soc291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Crane is an awesome teacher. he has high expectations for his students! assignments are very interesting. reading the text and coming to class will only benefit you, especially for the exams. he does a good job explaining the material and encourages students to participate and get thinking!!

11/05/2012
good

I absolutly loved crane. I learned more in that one class then I did in any other. He is a brilliant mind, and easy on eyes. He is always there to help you understand. As long as you show up and are respectful he will show you respect as well. Be prepared to be randomly called on in class though. Take him, you wont regret it!!!:)

06/29/2011
SOCsoc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

awesome one of a kind !!!!!!

06/22/2011
good
STU100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Took this class by mistake though I had to take it. He was very helpful and fun. He made an otherwise boring class interesting. In the very short amount of time there was. He got me thinking and using critical thinking even though the class material was a joke.

05/24/2011
Soc190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hard class. I studied more than I ever had for a class and still only managed a B. (very disappointing) Class content is interesting and his lecture was entertaining but he tries hard to change the wording in test questions to confuse you, which makes recognizing terms and theories difficult. His grading of research papers is suspicious as well.

05/20/2011
good
soccd29 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Outstanding great stories to relate to academic information

04/25/2011
good
soc190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher!! I really enjoyed his passion! He cares about his class very much,and wants the students to succeed! I would recommend him highly! Just pay attention to the material and you'll do fine! He is a brilliant mind :)

04/21/2011
SOC170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I would not recommend taking this class. He seems to be very passionate, but he doesn't make himself clear. There's not a lot of homework, but he assigns two assignments throughout the year, with 1 of them being an 8-10 page paper. I personally did not like his attitude. His tests are kind of bogus as well. Make sure you know how to write essays!