Greg Webb at Pratt Institute

Greg Webb

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/6/12

PMFA479

(Context: I have a BFA in illustration, I've taken many art classes.) I dropped after 3 classes. He taught as much in 3 as I'd expect in ONE class, he repeats himself constantly. And when he's not ranting against East Coast animation, he's unprofessionally bashing his other students behind their backs. Awful learning environment, waste of money.

2/9/11

FILM230

Love every second of the class! Really nice teacher and very helpful. Learned a lot about animation.

8/30/08

IntroNA

VERY NICE GUY! Digresses quite a bit, but very helpful and teaches old-school animation techniques of the Disney school.

2/20/08

FILM230

First Rule: TAKE WHAT HE SAYS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. He is a "West Coast" purist but at least he tolerates other opinions about things. Just nod your head and do your work (its easy to follow anyway). I don't think he realizes how much more ani students have to think about these days.

11/18/05

draw animation

I took this class to fill my film requirement. It was really easy and not nearly as time consuming as taking a real film class would have been. Highly recomend it for COMD majors who need to get that film credit out of the way

7/26/05

draw for anim

Ugh, I can't believe I had to take him twice!! Yes, I did learn in his drawing classes but only from repitition, not because of anything he said. He talks a lot about how he has been in "the business" forever and done everything, but when I saw his portfolio I was less than impressed. Doesn't give critiques or regular homework - very disapointed.

12/15/04

FILM - 230

had him for drawing for animation...definitally a good class to take with him 'cause it really loosened up my line and strengthened my style. It helps you tremendously in animation classes afterwards. Definitally an underrated class and I really recommend with Webb.

4/3/03

Animation

Rater Interest

Are you all nuts! Had I had a different teacher for animation1 (say sheridan for ex..) I might be in a far better place now! A total waste, and to relearn everything in Char II with Steve. An easy grade, but college is about learning!

4/2/03

animation

Rater Interest

Fun teacher; sometimes a bit opinionated though, and he claims to have worked on/invented EVERYTHING. But if you get past that, he usually has good information.

4/2/03

Draw-Anim

Rater Interest

Very good classes. Fun guy. He teaches how to do good, fast figure drawings.

3/6/03

Animation

Rater Interest

Had him for animation 1 and drawing for animation. Good teacher for drawing for animation, but could be better in terms of teaching animation itself.

More Film professors at Pratt Institute