in Pratt Institute that teach Film Edit
Professor in the Film department
at Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
are you Greg Webb?

11/06/2012
PMFA479 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

(Context: I have a BFA in illustration, I've taken many art classes.) I dropped after 3 classes. He taught as much in 3 as I'd expect in ONE class, he repeats himself constantly. And when he's not ranting against East Coast animation, he's unprofessionally bashing his other students behind their backs. Awful learning environment, waste of money.

02/09/2011
good
FILM230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Love every second of the class! Really nice teacher and very helpful. Learned a lot about animation.

08/30/2008
IntroNA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

VERY NICE GUY! Digresses quite a bit, but very helpful and teaches old-school animation techniques of the Disney school.

02/20/2008
good
FILM230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

First Rule: TAKE WHAT HE SAYS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. He is a "West Coast" purist but at least he tolerates other opinions about things. Just nod your head and do your work (its easy to follow anyway). I don't think he realizes how much more ani students have to think about these days.

11/18/2005
draw animation Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class to fill my film requirement. It was really easy and not nearly as time consuming as taking a real film class would have been. Highly recomend it for COMD majors who need to get that film credit out of the way

07/26/2005
draw for anim Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ugh, I can't believe I had to take him twice!! Yes, I did learn in his drawing classes but only from repitition, not because of anything he said. He talks a lot about how he has been in "the business" forever and done everything, but when I saw his portfolio I was less than impressed. Doesn't give critiques or regular homework - very disapointed.

12/15/2004
good
FILM - 230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

had him for drawing for animation...definitally a good class to take with him 'cause it really loosened up my line and strengthened my style. It helps you tremendously in animation classes afterwards. Definitally an underrated class and I really recommend with Webb.

04/03/2003
Animation Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Are you all nuts! Had I had a different teacher for animation1 (say sheridan for ex..) I might be in a far better place now! A total waste, and to relearn everything in Char II with Steve. An easy grade, but college is about learning!

04/02/2003
good
animation Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Fun teacher; sometimes a bit opinionated though, and he claims to have worked on/invented EVERYTHING. But if you get past that, he usually has good information.

04/02/2003
good
Draw-Anim Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Very good classes. Fun guy. He teaches how to do good, fast figure drawings.