Elaine Preston at Suffolk County Community College

Elaine Preston

Number of ratings 51 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/6/14

ENG 102

Professor Preston is a wonderful lady. She makes the class fun and interesting. I took her for literature and the tests she always gave out were about the stories that we had to read for homework. She's really fun and stares at you when you yawn :) Loveable lady and fun class. I would recommend her. I loved the grovel jar. I will miss her.

10/30/13

ENG131

Prof. Preston is, by far, the best professor I have had at Suffolk. She can be a little eccentric but she has a kind heart, and gives out fun assignments. She doesn't like it when students yawn in her class, nor does she like cellphones! I got an A in her class! If you want to take a Creative Writing class, make sure you take her, she's great!

9/28/13

ENG 102

Very odd professor, her tests are on the most random aspects of the stories, never the main idea, theme or characters.

6/5/13

ENG102

I loved her! She's very nice and funny, but sometimes a little weird. Just make sure you don't yawn in her class or she'll stop talking and just stare at you. LOL.

5/24/13

ENG141

She's awesome! Totally loved her!

12/29/12

Eng102

A fun class. A delightful teacher.

10/20/12

ENG102

One of the high points of my college career.When the class was nearing the time to end every week, I would wish it wouldn't and I can say that about very few teachers I have had.

10/19/12

Eng102

A true experience, highly recommended. Excellent,fun teacher interested in her subject matter and her students.

12/25/11

ENG131

She is a very funny & sweet teacher. She does give a lot of critique. on your writing but trust me you'll be happy she did. My writing is a lot better (almost no plastic stickers!)because of it. You do a free write everyday & about 6 projects. Honestly the best class I took all semester. I was learning with a lot of great people Honors Fall 2011:)

4/15/11

Eng109

She waw so funny and just so sweet. Super understanding and helpful, and i actually enjoyed going to her class. Her southern accent is so funny and i wrote some really good stuff during her free writing sessions. Definite thumbs up. TAKE HER CLASS!!!

5/10/10

eng131

she awesome! i have learn a lot from her class even im not good at writting! i love her practice writting! ive learn french spanish and even irish ill miss the pizza party the gravel everything :) spring 10 best class ever

12/16/09

ENG131

She was by far the most wonderful teacher at Suffolk. She was amazing, creative writing was a great class to take. I wish I could take it again with her!! I loved my class too, overall it was just a really great experience.

6/2/09

eg37

The best southern belle on earth! Smart, funny, and eccentric! She is an absoulte delight!Professor Preston's class was the best class that I have ever taken at Suffolk! She makes you think out of the box and is a wonderful teacher and human being. LOVE HER!!!!

1/22/09

ENG102

great great great professor. She is very intelligent and has written her own poetry books. She helps out anyone who needs it. She constantly repeats crucial information and it's always on the test. She is awesome, take her if you can!

11/18/08

eg13

Professor preston is amazing she is funny and really really nice.she doesnt care about attendence and she will help you with anything. take her class.

5/10/07

EG37

Very nice and helpful. She tries to make you write from your thought. The class is very interesting and she has a lot of good ideas to make it more fun for the whole semester. Barely use textbook..I got to develop my writing skills so much. Definitely take her

5/9/07

Eg37

very very very very very very very nice. does not care about attendence. very observant. class is alot of fun. extreemly helpful. the type of teacher, that u can miss 3 weeks and show up high and go to her office and shell sit down without and help u write and make u want to do it for a living.

4/25/07

EG37

She changed my life. End of story. TAKE HER!!!!!

3/30/07

eg3712

She's my favorite professor, I'm changing my schedule just to take her again. I love her accent

1/17/07

EG13

Professor Preston is awesome........its a great class

More English professors at Suffolk County Community College