in Suffolk County Community College that teach English Edit
at Suffolk County Community College, Brentwood, NY
are you Elaine Preston?
11/14/2014
good
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Clear grading criteria" "Would take again" "There for you"

Sweetest professor I have had to date. Class was easy considering I got an A and did not even purchase the textbook.

11/02/2014
good
92886 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Respected by students" "Gives good feedback" "Would take again"

She is an excellent teacher, really and truly. She engages the class and provokes creativity among her students. I haven't needed my textbook, however- I don't know if this was because she is obligated to assign one- but I would have preferred to keep the money in my pocket. Other than that- wonderful. And yes, I know, it's a "plastic sticker".

05/15/2014
good
eng 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She can be annoying at times but overall the class itself was easy

01/06/2014
good
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Preston is a wonderful lady. She makes the class fun and interesting. I took her for literature and the tests she always gave out were about the stories that we had to read for homework. She's really fun and stares at you when you yawn :) Loveable lady and fun class. I would recommend her. I loved the grovel jar. I will miss her.

10/30/2013
good
ENG131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Preston is, by far, the best professor I have had at Suffolk. She can be a little eccentric but she has a kind heart, and gives out fun assignments. She doesn't like it when students yawn in her class, nor does she like cellphones! I got an A in her class! If you want to take a Creative Writing class, make sure you take her, she's great!

09/28/2013
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very odd professor, her tests are on the most random aspects of the stories, never the main idea, theme or characters.

06/05/2013
good
ENG102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved her! She's very nice and funny, but sometimes a little weird. Just make sure you don't yawn in her class or she'll stop talking and just stare at you. LOL.

05/24/2013
good
ENG141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's awesome! Totally loved her!

12/29/2012
good
Eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A fun class. A delightful teacher.

10/20/2012
good
ENG102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the high points of my college career.When the class was nearing the time to end every week, I would wish it wouldn't and I can say that about very few teachers I have had.

10/19/2012
good

A true experience, highly recommended. Excellent,fun teacher interested in her subject matter and her students.

12/25/2011
good
ENG131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a very funny & sweet teacher. She does give a lot of critique. on your writing but trust me you'll be happy she did. My writing is a lot better (almost no plastic stickers!)because of it. You do a free write everyday & about 6 projects. Honestly the best class I took all semester. I was learning with a lot of great people Honors Fall 2011:)

04/15/2011
good
Eng109 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She waw so funny and just so sweet. Super understanding and helpful, and i actually enjoyed going to her class. Her southern accent is so funny and i wrote some really good stuff during her free writing sessions. Definite thumbs up. TAKE HER CLASS!!!

05/10/2010
good
eng131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

she awesome! i have learn a lot from her class even im not good at writting! i love her practice writting! ive learn french spanish and even irish ill miss the pizza party the gravel everything :) spring 10 best class ever

12/16/2009
good
ENG131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was by far the most wonderful teacher at Suffolk. She was amazing, creative writing was a great class to take. I wish I could take it again with her!! I loved my class too, overall it was just a really great experience.

06/02/2009
good
eg37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best southern belle on earth! Smart, funny, and eccentric! She is an absoulte delight!Professor Preston's class was the best class that I have ever taken at Suffolk! She makes you think out of the box and is a wonderful teacher and human being. LOVE HER!!!!

01/22/2009
good
ENG102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great great great professor. She is very intelligent and has written her own poetry books. She helps out anyone who needs it. She constantly repeats crucial information and it's always on the test. She is awesome, take her if you can!

11/18/2008
good
eg13 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor preston is amazing she is funny and really really nice.she doesnt care about attendence and she will help you with anything. take her class.

05/10/2007
good
EG37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and helpful. She tries to make you write from your thought. The class is very interesting and she has a lot of good ideas to make it more fun for the whole semester. Barely use textbook..I got to develop my writing skills so much. Definitely take her

05/09/2007
good
Eg37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

very very very very very very very nice. does not care about attendence. very observant. class is alot of fun. extreemly helpful. the type of teacher, that u can miss 3 weeks and show up high and go to her office and shell sit down without and help u write and make u want to do it for a living.