in Hunter College that teach Chemistry Edit
at Hunter College, New York, NY
are you James McNamara?
C-

05/13/2014
CHEM 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C-

He was the WORST professor ever. Some other students said he has an semi-annual drinking get together with his preferred students in which he buys them alcohol. Which I find very disturbing for someone in his position to be doing. There was also talks about him discussing other students grade with these students.

12/21/2013
good
CHEM 223RC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I mostly went to Dr. Mcnamara's office hours. He doesn't even teach orgo lecture but the amount of help he provides is amazing. Mcnamara ALWAYS made time when I needed help with orgo, and he was super fast with emails. He even stayed late to help students prepare for our orgo final. He's amazing, so knowledgeable and so willing to help.

10/30/2013
good
Chem 223RC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Go to his office hours! I don't have him for lecture, but I wish I did. Extremely helpful. Very fast with email. Makes sure you understand and uses great examples. Sort of eccentric, but that grows on you over time.

09/17/2013
good
Chem 223RC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

So far, so good. More detailed than my lecture professor. Careful to point out what will be important in the future. Nice guy, but a little intimidating. First few weeks have passed so we're more familiar with him, but still when he speaks, no body does. You could hear a pin drop.

06/05/2013
good
Chem 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a very nice guy and he helps his students do well. Lectures wont give you much if you don't read the book. His tests aren't hard if you know the material in the book and his lectures. I loved this class.