in Miami University that teach Journalism Edit
are you Cheryl Heckler?
B

12/13/2013
good
JRN 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

I loved taking this class with Cheryl. It was different from all of my other classes this semester- she's so sweet and makes her class feel like one big family. She takes attendance but if I had to miss a class, I didn't miss much. Not too much work, & she likes you as long as you put in some effort!

07/10/2013
good
JRN 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She has a lot of world insight. Though you'll find that her specialty lies in military and wartime history, so that's what you discuss regardless of what the class is SUPPOSED to be about. She is friendly and all but when it comes to teaching and grading her expectations depend on how she's feeling that day. I didn't like that aspect.

03/06/2010
good
ENG421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

An amazing woman with fantastic insight into the process of making a living as a journalist.

08/07/2009
good
JRN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic teacher. The class takes a lot of work, but if you put the work in a good grade will follow. Must go to class, but she makes it so informal, going is never a chore. Very engaging and helpful and her experiences in a real newsroom really add to the class. Cheryl is one of a kind and if you can take her class.

12/08/2008
good
JRN201H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cheryl's class is more of a discussion on relevant topics in journalism than a lecture over menial facts and stats. However, she definitely teaches, and I've learned quite a bit about writing and news coverage. She's an awesome professor, always helpful, whether you need assistance with her class or, say, what heel height to wear with that outfit.

11/25/2008
good
JRN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome, Awesome teacher! If you need to take a JRN class, try and get her as your prof. She's undoubtedly one of the best professors I've had--she's really nice, helpful, and fun. JRN 101 was a complete bore, but 201 is by far one of my favorite classes. Class environment is very chill and relaxing!

01/03/2008
good
jrn201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Cheryl is great. I didn't have any experience in JRN before her class and was nervous about my writing but she was completely supportive and was flexible with hand-in dates based on how you are doing. Always available to meet and really funny

06/22/2007
good
inter421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cheryl is amazing. I wish she was my teacher for every subject. She ROXS!!! And she wears black pants.

09/23/2005
good
ENG Journalism Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had her class in 2001 so things may have changed but she was one of my favorite profs. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

04/19/2005
good
JRN Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor in the department for both lower and upper level courses. Will prepare you for a real career in journalism. Wish I had her for every course. She requires hard work so if you're lazy, take class with someone else, but if you stick with her and work hard you'll be glad you did.

11/11/2004
good
JRN312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not a bad class...It was more work than I thought, but the outside classroom experience was great.

08/19/2004
210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Wow, she was a nice person but a bad professor. I learned absolutely nothing. She also is a stickler about teh attendance policy...no absences at all allowed and 7.5% drop in grade for even one.

02/25/2004
Intro Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Appalling. Not only did I not get anything out of her class, I found her teaching methods highly questionable. I don't need another friend; I need a professor who will teach me things I can use.

04/07/2003
good
ENG 212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

She was very helpful in getting internships and very helpful with any problems you have doing work.

03/12/2003
ENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Not a very good prof, I feel like I understand journalism better than she does. Has a very skewed view of how the world works. NOT UNBIASED.