Cheryl Heckler at Miami University

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

12/13/13

JRN 201

Grade ReceivedB

I loved taking this class with Cheryl. It was different from all of my other classes this semester- she's so sweet and makes her class feel like one big family. She takes attendance but if I had to miss a class, I didn't miss much. Not too much work, & she likes you as long as you put in some effort!

7/10/13

JRN 201

She has a lot of world insight. Though you'll find that her specialty lies in military and wartime history, so that's what you discuss regardless of what the class is SUPPOSED to be about. She is friendly and all but when it comes to teaching and grading her expectations depend on how she's feeling that day. I didn't like that aspect.

3/6/10

ENG421

An amazing woman with fantastic insight into the process of making a living as a journalist.

8/7/09

JRN201

Fantastic teacher. The class takes a lot of work, but if you put the work in a good grade will follow. Must go to class, but she makes it so informal, going is never a chore. Very engaging and helpful and her experiences in a real newsroom really add to the class. Cheryl is one of a kind and if you can take her class.

12/8/08

JRN201H

Cheryl's class is more of a discussion on relevant topics in journalism than a lecture over menial facts and stats. However, she definitely teaches, and I've learned quite a bit about writing and news coverage. She's an awesome professor, always helpful, whether you need assistance with her class or, say, what heel height to wear with that outfit.

11/25/08

JRN201

Awesome, Awesome teacher! If you need to take a JRN class, try and get her as your prof. She's undoubtedly one of the best professors I've had--she's really nice, helpful, and fun. JRN 101 was a complete bore, but 201 is by far one of my favorite classes. Class environment is very chill and relaxing!

1/3/08

jrn201

Cheryl is great. I didn't have any experience in JRN before her class and was nervous about my writing but she was completely supportive and was flexible with hand-in dates based on how you are doing. Always available to meet and really funny

6/22/07

inter421

Cheryl is amazing. I wish she was my teacher for every subject. She ROXS!!! And she wears black pants.

9/23/05

ENG Journalism

Had her class in 2001 so things may have changed but she was one of my favorite profs. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

4/19/05

JRN

Best professor in the department for both lower and upper level courses. Will prepare you for a real career in journalism. Wish I had her for every course. She requires hard work so if you're lazy, take class with someone else, but if you stick with her and work hard you'll be glad you did.

11/11/04

JRN312

Not a bad class...It was more work than I thought, but the outside classroom experience was great.

8/19/04

Rater Interest

Wow, she was a nice person but a bad professor. I learned absolutely nothing. She also is a stickler about teh attendance policy...no absences at all allowed and 7.5% drop in grade for even one.

2/25/04

Intro

Rater Interest

Appalling. Not only did I not get anything out of her class, I found her teaching methods highly questionable. I don't need another friend; I need a professor who will teach me things I can use.

4/7/03

ENG 212

Rater Interest

She was very helpful in getting internships and very helpful with any problems you have doing work.

3/12/03

ENG

Rater Interest

Not a very good prof, I feel like I understand journalism better than she does. Has a very skewed view of how the world works. NOT UNBIASED.

More Journalism professors at Miami University