Andy Herren at College of DuPage

Andy Herren

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/23/13

He's awesome and funny. Easy going and helpful. Super friendly and not intimidating as speech classes usually are. Super comfortable environment. Plus he just won Big Brother lol!!

9/13/13

SPEEC1100

I walked into this class terrified of public speaking and left a decent, confident speaker. Andy is an amazingly gifted teacher who clearly loves what he does, is energetic, helpful, and makes class a fun place to learn. He helps everyone to feel at ease and will build your confidence in speaking in front of an audience. HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!

9/13/13

Andy Was friendly, energetic and fun getting the information across painlessly. He made the class so social I actually met my GF of 9 months. Which is crazy because COD is the most unsocial school. Andy was the best teacherI have ever had and I would take him again and would recommend him to anyone.

8/22/13

Speech 1100

Best teacher I have ever had in COD, nice and funny person. Everyone hate speech, but in his class, I feel its really interesting to learn, easy tests and everything, english is my second language but I got A in his class. Take his class for sure!

8/14/13

Speech 1100

I absolutely hated speaking in front of people, but this class changed my outlook. This teacher is phenomenal. I loved him so much! Best class ever!!!

6/21/13

COM100

Andy is one of the most incredible educators that I have known. He moved me to love public speaking, and I thank him for that.

4/3/13

Speech 1100

Kind, happy, engaging professor. Keeps class interesting and fun. Even though speech is not interesting and usually very scary for me, I was at ease.

3/19/13

Speech 1100

I have a phobia of public speaking, but this class made my phobia a thing of the past!Andy is absolutely amazing! a great teacher, and super relate-able. You do 5 speeches and 5 impromptu speeches that are nothing to worry about! Watch good movies in class. I highly recommend this class for every student taking speech! favorite class.

1/14/13

Speec1100

ANDY IS AMAZING! I hate speaking andhonestly felt that this class helped! Im still scared of speaking but while in Andy's class I wasn't that nervous! His class is an easy A as long as you follow the speech outlines! And his midterm and final are EASY! No stress at all! I was dreading this class but turned out to be my fave class of that semester!

12/14/12

Speec1100

Amazing teacher! He loves his job and his students. Extremely passionate about what he does. Very helpful and motivational. Makes the class very fun! He's always happy and full of energy. I would def. recommend taking him! He's the best professor I've ever had. Take him, you won't regret it, especially if your afraid of public speaking.

12/2/12

Spch1100

Andy is such a great teacher. He is very helpful and nice to everyone. He also is really funny and entertaining. I have always been terrified of giving speeches but he made it easier. Highly recommend!

10/29/12

Speec1100

SPEECH 1100. Andy is a really great professor! HIGHLY recommend, especially if you are nervous about public speaking. I truly dreaded this class and can say with 100% honesty that it ended up being my favorite class this semester. He is young, exciting, and most of all a fun teacher. Easy A if you put in the effort.

8/11/12

Speec1100

A good helpful teacher that loves what he does. If you finish your outline he will go over it and give you pointers to try and insure that you get an A on your speech for content. Practice to get you speech in the time min and max range would be my only advice. He made the class i didn't want to take easy and fun to go to.

8/10/12

SPEEC1100

Andy is a very fun teacher. He helps everyone to become comfortable with public speaking and will proofread your speeches if you ask. He is very enthusiastic and energetic and this was one of my most fun classes. Since speech is a requirement you might as well enjoy it and you sure will with Andy.

8/1/12

Speec1100

Funny teacher, makes you feel comfortable in class, talks about lots of movies, good class to take! Teaches by examples.

5/23/12

SP1100

Sometimes he was a little too immature for my tastes (we do pay a lot to go here and at least I expect professionalism) but in the end I get what the hype is all about...he's a funny young guy, very very in your face but not always in a bad way

5/9/12

SPEEC1101

Class was easy enough. 5 speeches, good topics, we chose all 5 times with his approval. Have a topic chosen on the day assigned! That was the only thing that made him mad. :) He does an example speech with later power points detailing what hes looking for. A couple good in class movies. Funny guy, good stories. Snappy dresser. Id take him again.

4/30/12

SPEEC1100

Andy is probably the best teacher I have ever had. He is hillarious in the class and has great stories. I enjoyed his class exercises because they made you feel more comfortable talking in front of an audience. I highly recommend him as a teacher.

4/19/12

SPEEC1100

I think he might be my favorite teacher I've ever had! He's great at teaching and always finds a way to keep the class engaged with creative and fun assignments. He is always eager to help and will review your speeches before you do them and give you the feedback you need to have a perfect speech.

4/13/12

Speec12

Amazing funny caring great guy

3/28/12

Speec1100

Makes everyone comfortable with each other so speeches are much easier to do. Take him if your nervous about speech class!

1/28/12

speec1100

I am in her class currently and this is the most amazing teacher I have ever had at collge of dupage he teachers really well and he every class he makes us laugh so much I reall recomened him

12/15/11

Speec1100

Amazing teacher. He knows his subject and tries to teach it through experience. The whole class was basically impromus and games, and he grades really generously as long as you actually try and pick subjects you care about.

12/1/11

CMN112

Andy was my favorite teacher this year. i respect him so much in regards to his teaching style. he is very easy to understand and learn from, but he is by NO means "easy", which is what i love about him. he challenges you while making you laugh. i highly recommend him.

11/30/11

CMN112

He is DA BOMB!!

11/16/11

speec1100

Very fun teacher makes comming to class not so bad. Does a great job of making the class comfortable with its peers and i can honestly say i learned a good amount from this teacher

11/13/11

Spee1100

Andy Herren is an amazing teacher! Our class is very close like a family. We all are very comfortable with each other which for a speech class helps a lot!! He is very helpful and funny and gets us out of our comfort zone with ease so we can present our speeches like if it was a one-on-one conversation with a close friend. i highly recommend him!

11/8/11

SPE1100

Andy is AMAZING. He is such a great teacher. He knows how to make class fun and teach at the same time. Our class has become like a family. We all get along, he always keeps us laughing and leanring.

More Speech professors at College of DuPage