Andrew Pyle at George Mason University

Andrew Pyle

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/15/13

Heal-372

A wonderful teacher. He is very enthusiastic about teaching and wants all of his students to do well. As long as you come to class and so your work you will have an easy A.

4/22/13

Heal 372

Prof Pyle is literally the best professor I've ever had. He's passionate about the subject and because he's young, became a sort of friend to most of the classroom. He routinely lead us in breathing exercises when he sensed we were stressed and he's downright hilarious. Lots of homework (~ a paper & presentation a week) but he grades really easily.

3/24/13

COMM399

Extremely relied on text when it comes to exams and quizzes. He's an "okay" prof with new stuff but willing to take off your grade based on irrelevant reasons. I got 2 A's for the two exams but still got a B for the course. Not recommended!

8/21/12

COMM399

I was skeptical of taking a 'Risk Communication' course. Prof. Pyle put that to rest immediately. He has what many professors lack: experience in the field and the passion to pass it on to his students. No lectures, small interactive groups, show up and ask questions. I have been had more than my share of profs/instructors..he's the best I've seen.

8/13/12

COMM101

He is a decent teacher.The exams are partially different with the given materials, something you never heard about can be given in the exams. He's also a tough grader. Doesn't give helpful feedback. Extremely heavy use of textbook. If you want something below a "C", go for him. Be prepared the for the tough quizzes, grades will be collected.

5/11/12

COMM399

COMM 399 Prof. Pyle is GREAT! makes the class interesting by not lecuring, he has class discussions that makes the material easy to learn. Exams are easy, just read the book and extra material.Not hard at all. Attendence is important since some questions come from the discussions.Pop quizzes on reading.Realistic final paper.Show up.Do work.U pass

5/10/12

COMM399

Pyle was the bomb. I liked the small group feel he brings to the comm class. He makes sure classmates know each other. Only had 2 tests and 4 "pop quizzes" that were not difficult at all. He prepares you very well for all exams and is super clear on everything he wants from students. Attendance isn't mandatory, but he uses alot of participation pts

12/18/11

COMM101

Prof. Pyle was very fun and interesting. His class made it very easy to understand the material. I recommend all students who will take COMM 101 to take him.

12/6/11

COMM101

BEST TEACHER EVER!!! I am a very shy person but it was easy to participate in his class. He makes learning the material so easy by engaging the whole class in discussion and encouraging us to share stories of our own that relate to the topics. I highly recommend taking this class and choosing Pyle as your teacher. He's so sweet and cute!

11/16/11

COMM101

Prof. Pyle is the best! I never considered taking communications until my academic adviser told me to, so I did. I love this class, and look forward to coming every day, he makes it very interesting and engaging. But you do have to work hard to get a good grade in this class, but it's totally worth it in the end. He's great, if you can, TAKE HIM!

More Communication professors at George Mason University